GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+19
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
asq2
TheAvatar
Fulcrum
Hobiesens
LeCaptain
spader
Flo The Action
SensHulk
Ev
Hoags
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
sandysensfan
shabbs
NEELY
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Right but that's the defense most people around here use is that conacher was all we could get and that we HAD to make a move. Conacher was a mistake (they didn't know about Tyler johnson?) and could have swung for some fences at the draft. Whatever moot point now, time to move on.

Tyler Johnson wasn't offered.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Trading Bishop was still the right move... trading him for Conacher was a mistake.  Whoever thought Conacher was a future top 6 forward really needs to have their position in the organization re-evaluated.  

It was Tim's call.

Awful choice.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
LeKing wrote:Adam Oates fired, McPhee not renewed.
Should have traded Ovechkin AFAIC, but $$$ is obv too important for that

It's clear Ovie is running the show there. Makes me wonder if they target malkin to be his center...  being rivals though makes that an impossible move.

Washington a dark horse to land Spezza? No idea what they have to trade that Ottawa would be interested in.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Michallica wrote:
LeKing wrote:Adam Oates fired, McPhee not renewed.
Should have traded Ovechkin AFAIC, but $$$ is obv too important for that

It's clear Ovie is running the show there. Makes me wonder if they target malkin to be his center...  being rivals though makes that an impossible move.

Washington a dark horse to land Spezza? No idea what they have to trade that Ottawa would be interested in.

I don't think Spezza would go there... How about Adam Oates for an assistant coach in Ottawa?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oates looks weird. Like he had some bad plastic surgery.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

calgary with a new GM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=450669 wrote:
seems like a decent poach. phoenix does a lot with precious little nothing.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Trading Bishop was still the right move... trading him for Conacher was a mistake.  Whoever thought Conacher was a future top 6 forward really needs to have their position in the organization re-evaluated.  

It was Tim's call.

Awful choice.

Nobody said at the time that it was an awful trade for the Sens. It was a risk, and it just didn't work out. Not the end of the world.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I just couldn't stand Conacher about a week after watching him.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:I just couldn't stand Conacher about a week after watching him.
The eyebrows, right?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

His face is very punchable.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:

It was Tim's call.

Awful choice.

Nobody said at the time that it was an awful trade for the Sens.  It was a risk, and it just didn't work out.  Not the end of the world.

I think the reason this was a bad pick was because this was not a minor leaguer you took a chance on. This guy was playing in the league. Amateur scouting is one thing, but pro scouts should have been all over the fact that he generated lots of points playing with the likes of St. Louis an Stamkos, and that he had cooled off considerably after the hot start.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

missed this on monday. rutherford steps down.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=450677 wrote:

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:

It was Tim's call.

Awful choice.

Nobody said at the time that it was an awful trade for the Sens.  It was a risk, and it just didn't work out.  Not the end of the world.

I think the reason this was a bad pick was because this was not a minor leaguer you took a chance on. This guy was playing in the league. Amateur scouting is one thing, but pro scouts should have been all over the fact that he generated lots of points playing with the likes of St. Louis an Stamkos, and that he had cooled off considerably after the hot start.

Again, no one said it was a bad trade at the time. Hindsight is 20/20. Some trades work out, some don't. We probably should've kept Hossa, too. What can you do? Nothing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:

It was Tim's call.

Awful choice.

I think the reason this was a bad pick was because this was not a minor leaguer you took a chance on.  This guy was playing in the league.  Amateur scouting is one thing, but pro scouts should have been all over the fact that he generated lots of points playing with the likes of St. Louis an Stamkos, and that he had cooled off considerably after the hot start.  

Yeah, this is the part that's annoying to me too. I'm not a pro scout, I'm not paid to go out there and watch teams and assess their players, but there are people in the Sens organization that are - and they Cussed that one up royally.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

"Iron" Mike "Curtain" Keenan won the KHL as coach for Metallurg. NHL return imminent? Hopefully to Toronto?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:"Iron" Mike "Curtain" Keenan won the KHL as coach for Metallurg.  NHL return imminent?  Hopefully to Toronto?

Yeah, he totally should change his nickname now. "Iron Mike" becomes "Iron Curtain Mike".

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'mm totally stealing this for twitter.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I'mm totally stealing this for twitter.

I see that you did.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum