GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+19
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
asq2
TheAvatar
Fulcrum
Hobiesens
LeCaptain
spader
Flo The Action
SensHulk
Ev
Hoags
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
sandysensfan
shabbs
NEELY
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Poor Muller. Rough gig for your first coaching job. I said it before, and I'll it again, I would never want Staal kids running my team.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

So, I don't get it. Back when the NHL signed that huge deal with Rogers/SportsNet the headlines read TSN Shut Out. Everyone was wondering just how long the hockey analysts at TSN, like Bobby Mac, would stay with that sinking ship. Surely, the biggest network would get the biggest stars, right? But they all stayed one, some even signed new deals, and TSN does not appear to be going anywhere (hockey-wise). Then today they [ur]=http://bellmediapr.ca/Network/TSN/Press/More-Sports-More-Choice]announce[/url] they will go from 2 national feeds to 5 (no more TSN and TSN-2, you will now have TSN-1 through TSN-5). They will show 26 Leafs games and 52 Sens games. I can't find any details on how many Sens games will be on SportsNet next season but it certainly looks like it will be less than this year, given that TSN will show 52 of them. Unless some games will be covered by both, which seems extremely unlikely.

So, what just happened?

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:So, I don't get it. Back when the NHL signed that huge deal with Rogers/SportsNet the headlines read TSN Shut Out. Everyone was wondering just how long the hockey analysts at TSN, like Bobby Mac, would stay with that sinking ship. Surely, the biggest network would get the biggest stars, right? But they all stayed one, some even signed new deals, and TSN does not appear to be going anywhere (hockey-wise). Then today they [ur]=http://bellmediapr.ca/Network/TSN/Press/More-Sports-More-Choice]announce[/url] they will go from 2 national feeds to 5 (no more TSN and TSN-2, you will now have TSN-1 through TSN-5). They will show 26 Leafs games and 52 Sens games. I can't find any details on how many Sens games will be on SportsNet next season but it certainly looks like it will be less than this year, given that TSN will show 52 of them. Unless some games will be covered by both, which seems extremely unlikely.

So, what just happened?

I guess what just happened is that you were asleep for the last few months. TSN bought the rights to local broadcasts for Sens games...and they already had the Jets and Habs.

Sportsnet will be able to broadcast games nationally - TSN will no longer be able to do this.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just checked, and SNet showed 54 Sens game this past season. So I guess SNet coverage of Sens games will be reduced quite a bit now? Is that good for us or bad for us?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Regional vs National...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Regional vs National...

Yeah but it still means SportsNet will have far fewer Sens games than last year. And, like I said, is it good for us or bad for us?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Poor Muller.  Rough gig for your first coaching job.  I said it before, and I'll it again, I would never want Staal kids running my team.

I think that's part of the problem and one of the reasons E.Staal's name has come up in trade rumours.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

so apparently some are saying pavelski should be traded as he'd get a massive return(true) and since they just signed marleau and Thornton they should be given a pass... this is when hockey sentimentality shouldn't be mixed with the GM job.
If i'm Doug Wilson Marleau or thornton is exactly who i'm trading. two guys that are expected to lead the team but that have failed to.
I understand that pavelski and his 40+ goals are at an all time high in value but he's still 28 and although i'm not sure he'll get that many goals again you kind of want to keep the youngest productive guys in the lineup.
even with new contracts thornton and marleau did not deliver.

sucks because they'll likely water down the market for spezza.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh yeah, the market could be watered down in a big way. Still...Thornton would have much more value than Spezza, so it depends on what teams are willing to pay.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Yeah but it still means SportsNet will have far fewer Sens games than last year. And, like I said, is it good for us or bad for us?

Are you asking if TSN is better than Sportsnet? Is that really your question?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Preds hire Laviolette...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=451401

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Preds hire Laviolette...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=451401
ya I'm not sure if i can get behind that move. sure he's one the cup with carolina but again, that was a weird year. oilers VS carolina. hasn't had tremendous luck since. would of went elsewhere if i were them.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Oh yeah, the market could be watered down in a big way.  Still...Thornton would have much more value than Spezza, so it depends on what teams are willing to pay.

Thornton is their #1 centre and that is needed when you play LA & Ana a lot.

IF Anaheim losses the series with LA.. could be a sweep... could that be the landing spot for Spezza? What would the return be? Silfverberg, Noeson and a 1st round pick... how about the SENS first round pick back?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

N1 centre is the most overrated term in hockey. If you want to win you need players who elevate their games in the playoffs and Thornton isn't one of those players, N1 center or not.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

Yeah but it still means SportsNet will have far fewer Sens games than last year.  And, like I said, is it good for us or bad for us?

Are you asking if TSN is better than Sportsnet?  Is that really your question?

Pretty much. Got to watch very few Sens games on TSN. I don't think SNet sucked as much as some think. Wasn't a fan of Potvin but didn't mind Deano too much. I typically tend to prefer the "local" guy doing the broadcast. So I guess the local ones will be primarily TSN now, so I guess whoever they pick for the games I'll get used to them, eventually.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Snet was a joke, they don't even talk about the game during the intermissions. TSN all the way.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:Snet was a joke, they don't even talk about the game during the intermissions. TSN all the way.

So, then, this is good for us. TSN will carry the majority of the Sens games.

With our luck, though, they'll probably hire Dean and Denis. Facepalm 

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

LeKing wrote:Snet was a joke, they don't even talk about the game during the intermissions. TSN all the way.

Love Duthie. Really like Bob MacKenzie. Not too much loved loss for Dreger. Like those beautiful eyes of Aaron Ward... Would like to see them do a few on site games for the Sens next season. They did one this season..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum