GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Edmonton Oilers :: 9:30pm ET :: Tue. Mar. 4th, 2014

+13
Flo The Action
22_4_ever
PTFlea
Fulcrum
Ev
LeCaptain
NEELY
DefenceWinsChampionships
SensHulk
wprager
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
shabbs
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:All bad.  Detroit lost, but season pretty much officially done.

They're going jf to win tomorrow and they'll be one point back

Appreciate the optimism but they'll still be two games back of the red wings and competing with the likes of columbus and NJ and Washington. Could have maybe caught toronto as well but they let the oilers run all over them

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:Time for management to throw in the towel, we're not going to the playoffs so no sense in mortgaging the future. Phillips has to be moved now.

Pretty ticked with Maclean in this game, there were some terrible line juggling and decisions he made.

I'm never one to rip on the coach but ya, last night was a little shocking to see from the coach.  He preaches consistency but he's just as inconsistent and say what you want about Ryan but what he said last night was a little concerning "I don't want to be switched every 10 mins".  Clearly this is frustrating the players and MacLean keeps doing it.  He has to start to be held accountable for what's going on now as well.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Time for management to throw in the towel, we're not going to the playoffs so no sense in mortgaging the future. Phillips has to be moved now.

Pretty ticked with Maclean in this game, there were some terrible line juggling and decisions he made.

But they have too many prospects as is in bingo, so they gotta try to package some for a player if they can

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Gryba out for Cowen next game, you Cussing moron

Sadly I agree with this.  That's about as selfish a thing you can do as a player and as well as Gryba has played you send a message that what he did is no acceptable.  I love Gryba and what he brings but that needs to be dealt with because players are starting to do their own thing and are starting to speak out a little.

Fulcrum

Fulcrum
Rookie
Rookie

Ev wrote:

But they have too many prospects as is in bingo, so they gotta try to package some for a player if they can

I agree. I think thats what trying to be done. Maybe its still Stewart, maybe Tim Murray is just trying to see what else he can get to make sure its the most for him?

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:Gryba out for Cowen next game, you Cussing moron

Sadly I agree with this.  That's about as selfish a thing you can do as a player and as well as Gryba has played you send a message that what he did is no acceptable.  I love Gryba and what he brings but that needs to be dealt with because players are starting to do their own thing and are starting to speak out a little.

What did he do?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Was run from behind with 2:30 left, down by a goal.  Instead of sucking it up he took an extra roughing penalty and the Sens had to kill it.  If it was for Spezza's hard work and moving the puck up ice then it would have been a full 2 mins but Spezza drew a penalty with 50 seconds left.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Wow that lost really hurt. It's obvious that Ryan is pissed with being moved from one line to another and that's not going to help to try to resign him. I don't understand why Maclean doesn't have Ryan on the ice in the last minute but does play a guy who the team put on waivers 10 hours earlier. Nice to see Spezza moving last night, still impressed with Hoffman and sit Gryba for being so stupid.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can't say I'm surprised with this loss. Simmer actually summed it up nicely this morning on TSN 1200...He effectively said "This is no surprise. What have we seen from the Sens this year that would lead anyone to believe that they can win when it matters?"

Exactly.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well that sucked. Huge opportunity missed. Bah. Feels bad man.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Yaaaaaah Phillips got walked there.  

Karlsson had plenty of time to do something more than give Hemsky a stern look (if he even did that much); Anderson could try a poke check every once in a while. Three goals, all of them stoppable. Karlsson standing around on two of them. Turris hasn't done much in how long? MacArthur gets a pass because he won them the last game.

But explain to me why Conacher The Waived was on the ice with 30 seconds to go with the season on the line yet again, while the guy you traded three assets for who's scored 30+ goals in each of his full seasons in the league is sitting on the bench? Hoffman, same thing -- love his hustle and all, but is he really the one to put out in the last minute to score a game tying goal? They're done.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

22_4_ever wrote:
NEELY wrote:Haha did Spezza really just do that lol.

WTF was that.....at full speed!?!? wow

My kid used to do that move all the time in peewee/bantam house league C. Of course his "full speed" is not the same. Good D don't fall for that often. So against the Oilers was the right time to do it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

22_4_ever wrote:Wiercioch has struggled on the two goals he was on for....

bad reads both times...although Ceci didn't help him much that time.

It was Phillips/Karlsson on the first goal, Methot/Karlsson on the second. Wiercioch wasn't on for two goals.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:

Karlsson had plenty of time to do something more than give Hemsky a stern look (if he even did that much); Anderson could try a poke check every once in a while.  Three goals, all of them stoppable.  Karlsson standing around on two of them.  Turris hasn't done much in how long?  MacArthur gets a pass because he won them the last game.  

But explain to me why Conacher The Waived was on the ice with 30 seconds to go with the season on the line yet again, while the guy you traded three assets for who's scored 30+ goals in each of his full seasons in the league is sitting on the bench?  Hoffman, same thing -- love his hustle and all, but is he really the one to put out in the last minute to score a game tying goal?  They're done.

That first goal is completely on Phillips. Anderson not coming up with the stop is because there's no way Phillips can let the player get a lane on him that easily. I think he just lost a year in the contract negotiating with that play.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:
Ev wrote:They still have no reason not to be buyers, for players with term, as they don't have a pick

Trying to re-sign Philips to a 2 year deal is already a step in the wrong direction. I don't care if there is not enough veteran leadership on D, just get rid of him and bring in someone else who can still defend.

It's not so much Phillips as what MacLean uses him for. He's fine on the third pairing with Ceci -- keep those two stapled together. Don't put him out on the powerplay (incidentally, was it really the third period when the Sens got their first PP opportunity?)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Vandelay wrote:
wprager wrote:

Karlsson had plenty of time to do something more than give Hemsky a stern look (if he even did that much); Anderson could try a poke check every once in a while.  Three goals, all of them stoppable.  Karlsson standing around on two of them.  Turris hasn't done much in how long?  MacArthur gets a pass because he won them the last game.  

But explain to me why Conacher The Waived was on the ice with 30 seconds to go with the season on the line yet again, while the guy you traded three assets for who's scored 30+ goals in each of his full seasons in the league is sitting on the bench?  Hoffman, same thing -- love his hustle and all, but is he really the one to put out in the last minute to score a game tying goal?  They're done.

That first goal is completely on Phillips.  Anderson not coming up with the stop is because there's no way Phillips can let the player get a lane on him that easily.  I think he just lost a year in the contract negotiating with that play.

It's a team sport. When one guy makes a mistake there's supposed to be others to back him up. Not blaming the goal on Karlsson but he could have come across and killed Hemsky if he wanted to (same with Neil, as someone already pointed out -- maybe the Sens were thinking of acquiring him so told them to lay off?) And, again, not blaming the goal on Anderson but I could have let that goal in just as well. He's an NHL level starter who set a modern day record for SV% in a season -- that was a stoppable puck. If he poke checks it's not even an "OMGDIDYOUSEETHATSAVE???!" moment.

On the second goal you could argue he was interfered with. The guy skated into his crease and made contact about a second before the puck went in. Anderson was being crowded in his crease all game -- maybe he needs to take a bit of a dive once in a while. Or maybe his D should be patrolling the crease instead of the blue line.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I still can't believe last night's game happened. Like a bad dream, it pissed me off worse than the 6-1 drubbing the red wings gave us

Why in the blue hell does maclean wait to reunite ryan with mac and turris? why the hell did he seperate spezza and michalek? WTF kind of line is zibby spezza hoff??

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Michallica wrote:I still can't believe last night's game happened.  Like a bad dream, it pissed me off worse than the 6-1 drubbing the red wings gave us

Why in the blue hell does maclean wait to reunite ryan with mac and turris?  why the hell did he seperate spezza and michalek?  WTF kind of line is zibby spezza hoff??

I totally agree with everything you said.  Clapping 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum