GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Edmonton Oilers :: 9:30pm ET :: Tue. Mar. 4th, 2014

+13
Flo The Action
22_4_ever
PTFlea
Fulcrum
Ev
LeCaptain
NEELY
DefenceWinsChampionships
SensHulk
wprager
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
shabbs
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Vandelay wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Yaaaaaah Phillips got walked there.  

Karlsson had plenty of time to do something more than give Hemsky a stern look (if he even did that much); Anderson could try a poke check every once in a while.  Three goals, all of them stoppable.  Karlsson standing around on two of them.  Turris hasn't done much in how long?  MacArthur gets a pass because he won them the last game.  

But explain to me why Conacher The Waived was on the ice with 30 seconds to go with the season on the line yet again, while the guy you traded three assets for who's scored 30+ goals in each of his full seasons in the league is sitting on the bench?  Hoffman, same thing -- love his hustle and all, but is he really the one to put out in the last minute to score a game tying goal?  They're done.

That first goal is completely on Phillips.  Anderson not coming up with the stop is because there's no way Phillips can let the player get a lane on him that easily.  I think he just lost a year in the contract negotiating with that play.

It's a team sport. When one guy makes a mistake there's supposed to be others to back him up. Not blaming the goal on Karlsson but he could have come across and killed Hemsky if he wanted to (same with Neil, as someone already pointed out -- maybe the Sens were thinking of acquiring him so told them to lay off?) And, again, not blaming the goal on Anderson but I could have let that goal in just as well. He's an NHL level starter who set a modern day record for SV% in a season -- that was a stoppable puck. If he poke checks it's not even an "OMGDIDYOUSEETHATSAVE???!" moment.

On the second goal you could argue he was interfered with. The guy skated into his crease and made contact about a second before the puck went in. Anderson was being crowded in his crease all game -- maybe he needs to take a bit of a dive once in a while. Or maybe his D should be patrolling the crease instead of the blue line.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

I still can't believe last night's game happened. Like a bad dream, it pissed me off worse than the 6-1 drubbing the red wings gave us

Why in the blue hell does maclean wait to reunite ryan with mac and turris? why the hell did he seperate spezza and michalek? WTF kind of line is zibby spezza hoff??

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore

Michallica wrote:I still can't believe last night's game happened.  Like a bad dream, it pissed me off worse than the 6-1 drubbing the red wings gave us

Why in the blue hell does maclean wait to reunite ryan with mac and turris?  why the hell did he seperate spezza and michalek?  WTF kind of line is zibby spezza hoff??

I totally agree with everything you said.  Clapping 

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:I still can't believe last night's game happened.  Like a bad dream, it pissed me off worse than the 6-1 drubbing the red wings gave us

Why in the blue hell does maclean wait to reunite ryan with mac and turris?  why the hell did he seperate spezza and michalek?  WTF kind of line is zibby spezza hoff??

And why is Good Ol' Cory "Waive me right f%&^%&g now!" Conacher on the ice in the last 30 seconds one goal down, and Bobby "30 Goals Guaranteed" Ryan sitting on the bench?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
And why is Good Ol' Cory "Waive me right f%&^%&g now!" Conacher on the ice in the last 30 seconds one goal down, and Bobby "30 Goals Guaranteed" Ryan sitting on the bench?

Same reason that Anderson is playing tonight after playing tonight. Coaching staff have lost their effin' minds.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum