GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

I've finally done it -- bye-bye Rogers ...

+4
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:All that to save a few pennies.

This is my favourite thread on the internet.

Seriously, if you don't have a helpful comment you're welcome to save yourself some typing. For the record, it's a savings of about $40/month and extreme aggravation whenever I use the PVR. Sure, in the end Rogers was willing to save me that same $40 *and* give me the new PVR, but by this time the mind's made up. There are also some other perks, like a better guide/pvr features, whole-home-pvr (would have been a service call for Rogers), ability to move the TV around more easily, $9 less on my wife's wireless plan (the plan is $5 less than Rogers and then you get the $4 bundling discount). A single bill and they will charge my MC on which I get 2% cash back.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Seriously, if you don't have a helpful comment you're welcome to save yourself some typing. For the record, it's a savings of about $40/month and extreme aggravation whenever I use the PVR. Sure, in the end Rogers was willing to save me that same $40 *and* give me the new PVR, but by this time the mind's made up. There are also some other perks, like a better guide/pvr features, whole-home-pvr (would have been a service call for Rogers), ability to move the TV around more easily, $9 less on my wife's wireless plan (the plan is $5 less than Rogers and then you get the $4 bundling discount). A single bill and they will charge my MC on which I get 2% cash back.

I laughed out loud when I saw Hayden post a legitimately helpful comment...I thought to myself "That's not what the internet is for!"

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Seriously, if you don't have a helpful comment you're welcome to save yourself some typing.  For the record, it's a savings of about $40/month and extreme aggravation whenever I use the PVR.  Sure, in the end Rogers was willing to save me that same $40 *and* give me the new PVR, but by this time the mind's made up.  There are also some other perks, like a better guide/pvr features, whole-home-pvr (would have been a service call for Rogers), ability to move the TV around more easily, $9 less on my wife's wireless plan (the plan is $5 less than Rogers and then you get the $4 bundling discount).  A single bill and they will charge my MC on which I get 2% cash back.  

Until they jack up the price without warning. Enjoy.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, but they all jack up the prices. This way I've reset my starting price. And in three years I will be ready to switch back.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:
Hayden wrote:Fast forward button moves you ahead days at a time.  Channel up and down while in the guide works as page up/page down.

Excellent, thanks.

More on this. The idea of using the FF/RW buttons for going to the next/previous day is fantastic. On the Rogers PVR your press the blue key and a little calendar pops up, you then use the left/right buttons to advance, then OK to select. Three clicks to advance one day.

I also like the record button -- click once to record the show; click a second time to change this to a series recording; click a third time to cancel the recording (that last one, not sure of usefulness). My only beef is that the series recording, by default, is new+reruns. Mind you, it's possible the Rogers box was the same but I changed the default. I know there were some recording defaults you could change -- haven't found this on the Bell box yet.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
wprager wrote:
Hayden wrote:Fast forward button moves you ahead days at a time.  Channel up and down while in the guide works as page up/page down.

Excellent, thanks.

More on this.  The idea of using the FF/RW buttons for going to the next/previous day is fantastic.  On the Rogers PVR your press the blue key and a little calendar pops up, you then use the left/right buttons to advance, then OK to select.  Three clicks to advance one day.  

I also like the record button -- click once to record the show; click a second time to change this to a series recording; click a third time to cancel the recording (that last one, not sure of usefulness).  My only beef is that the series recording, by default, is new+reruns.  Mind you, it's possible the Rogers box was the same but I changed the default.  I know there were some recording defaults you could change -- haven't found this on the Bell box yet.

By the time you find it, they will have jacked up the price.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You're hilarious. No, really, I'm laughing. On the inside.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:You're hilarious.  No, really, I'm laughing.  On the inside.

Just like Bell and Rogers laugh at their customers? What?!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum