GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Dec. 7th, 2013

+9
Ev
LeCaptain
NEELY
Hockeyhero22000
SensHulk
sandysensfan
shabbs
PTFlea
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Hoffman has to produce or it'll be stone or Pageau time.
How about he gets some ice time to at least get some opportunity to produce?

This coach needs a big Diddle you in the face.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Haha Stone has done less than Hoffman in his times up in Ottawa... neither one has an NHL goal so saying Hoffman needs to produce or it will be Stone is kind of lame. Hoffman needs to get some reps and a legit shot before even thinking about moving him down. That said I don't think he does much with his shot but I hope he does, he's earned it.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:

Exactly. Hoffman had under 5 minutes of ice time against the Leafs. It's like MacLean is mocking Murray's roster moves.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I honestly have no idea what direction the team is headed in nor do I understand the decisions being made on the ice and off it in terms of who is playing and who isn't. Hopefully it becomes a little more transparent as the season moves on because I am done with guessing.

One this is for sure and that's the vets have gotten more than enough rope from MacLean at this point, they are failing hard.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:I honestly have no idea what direction the team is headed in nor do I understand the decisions being made on the ice and off it in terms of who is playing and who isn't.  Hopefully it becomes a little more transparent as the season moves on because I am done with guessing.  

One this is for sure and that's the vets have gotten more than enough rope from MacLean at this point, they are failing hard.

My thinking is MacLean is following the tried and true Red Wings way.

Veterans get a lot of rope, rookies get a virtually impossible wall to climb over in order to secure a roster spot.

He'd never bench Spezza or Michalek, not in a million years. Especially if their performance is even partially due to their injuries last year.

That's how it is, it's up to the GM to get him veteran players who can play.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:I honestly have no idea what direction the team is headed in nor do I understand the decisions being made on the ice and off it in terms of who is playing and who isn't.  Hopefully it becomes a little more transparent as the season moves on because I am done with guessing.  

My thinking is MacLean is following the tried and true Red Wings way.

Veterans get a lot of rope, rookies get a virtually impossible wall to climb over in order to secure a roster spot.

He'd never bench Spezza or Michalek, not in a million years.  Especially if their performance is even partially due to their injuries last year.

That's how it is, it's up to the GM to get him veteran players who can play.
well the red wings way is clearly not working in ottawa due in part to the kind of red wings player leadership we do not have. so mister PMac? are you saying you cannot adapt your style of coaching to the situation? you will be gone sooner then you think if that's the case

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Red Wings way sucks. It doesn't even work for them.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKing wrote:

He got chances and he'll get another couple of games playing prime minutes, but it's a bad time for him to have been called up - when we're having a lot of trouble scoring consistently to boot.

He'll go down soon enough and get another opportunity when we've traded a couple of players, but Pageau is the guy I'd love to see on Turris' wing with Ryan (although that's 3 righties there).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GO SENS GO!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum