GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+17
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
spader
LeCaptain
SensHulk
tim1_2
TheAvatar
Oglethorpe
22_4_ever
wprager
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Ev
Flo The Action
Hoags
NEELY
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to back wins coming up then!

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I mean, could you get 2 or 3 good years out of Havlat?  Man I dunno... there's are better options but for sure there are worse.  Hemsky vs Havlat?  Probably go with Havlat to be honest, pretty decent stop gap for a year and 1/2 min.  Might get Michalek going too as they are extremely tight.

Also, can't see the Sens taking on that salary as is, San Jose would for sure need to hold onto 30-40% of the salary and cap hit.  It would clear things up for them going into next year though.  I can't think of any other player going back there besides Greening though, no idea what San Jose would want.  
Havlat over Hemsky 10 times out of 10 for me. The way I see it, neither would cost you much in assets and if I were GM, it would come down to who's team would hold the most salary.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Want a weird-Donkey stat? The only Sens defenseman with a negative +/- rating right now is ... (drum roll) ... Methot. Gryba is +6 and Cowen is next at +3, then Karlsson at +2; Corvo and Wiercioch are +1 and then you have Big Rig and Boro Cop even.

Did someone hack the NHL.com's stats database? That can't be, can it?

Maybe the big problem this season has once again been special teams?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:Want a weird-Donkey stat?  The only Sens defenseman with a negative +/- rating right now is ... (drum roll) ... Methot.  Gryba is +6 and Cowen is next at +3, then Karlsson at +2; Corvo and Wiercioch are +1 and then you have Big Rig and Boro Cop even.

Did someone hack the NHL.com's stats database?  That can't be, can it?  

Maybe the big problem this season has once again been special teams?
Because the constantly play Methot with Spezza to shelter him. Spezza and his line are a - on most nights. Either way, this is another example of how +/- is a misused stat.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How the Diddle is Cowen a +3 lol. That right there is enough to throw those stats right in the garbage. I mean...my 18 month old baby could do a better job of defending than Cowen.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The amount of hatred Cowen has received is ridiculous.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:The amount of hatred Cowen has received is ridiculous.
Hatred? Not really. Mostly it's been pretty realistic. Disappointment for sure.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't hate him, he just sucks like a vacuum right now. If anything I'm praying that he remembers what got him to the NHL and bucks the sophomore slump sooner than later, because we need him.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If he doesn't hold out and miss camp then I don't think the venom is nearly as bad.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
If he doesn't hold out and miss camp then I don't think the venom is nearly as bad.  
A pretty legit beef, IMO.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lehner goes tonight.

https://twitter.com/SunDoniB/status/402826393370636290

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mason goes for Philly:

https://twitter.com/sbaickerCSN/status/402825779924729856

Time for some #revenge.

#releasethelehner

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Release the Lehner!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#releasetheGDT

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:
A pretty legit beef, IMO.
Yup, you want to hold out for more money then expect people to hold you to that standard. I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be. That said he still has 3 goals (2nd most by a D man), somehow isn't a minus player, and still doesn't have a RH partner. I think the guy is a 3, 4 D man at best but don't think he should just be shipped off. That said I don't see how he's avoided the press box yet.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Lehner is going to have to be amazing tonight.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's the Flyers...they still don't score a lot.

I have Mason in my pool for this week, so let's win 2-1.

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:
I don't hate him, he just sucks like a vacuum right now.  If anything I'm praying that he remembers what got him to the NHL and bucks the sophomore slump sooner than later, because we need him.
I've been one of the more vocal people on this board about Cowen lately, and my "hatred" isn't for him, it's for his play and Managements insistance to let him play through whatever is ailing him bothers me. I think Corvo has deserved to be treated better than he has been, as I do Wiercioch and Gryba. They have all had to sit and watch while Cowen continues to struggle. He has glimpses in every game, but imho his work ethic and effort is the biggest complaint.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum