GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Columbus Blue Jackets - 7:00pm ET - Tue. Nov. 5th, 2013

+10
Oglethorpe
NEELY
Flo The Action
Hoags
SensHulk
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 11]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wow, love the Neil hatred now. Guy has been a warrior for us for 13 years, often fighting above his weight-class, always being our hits leader, and now he's dirt because he's taken a couple dumb penalties this year.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I still believe...

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Columbus Blue Jackets - 7:00pm ET - Tue. Nov. 5th, 2013 - Page 3 Img2011102800014

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Wow, love the Neil hatred now.  Guy has been a warrior for us for 13 years, often fighting above his weight-class, always being our hits leader, and now he's dirt because he's taken a couple dumb penalties this year.  
People go over the line with him for sure. I love Neil but he's slowing down and he's becoming less and less effective, he's also taking a lot of bad penalties right now. He isn't trash but he's a 4th liner right now but there is no one to push him out of his current roster spot.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:I still believe...

The Neiler believes in you as well, old friend.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Wow, love the Neil hatred now.  Guy has been a warrior for us for 13 years, often fighting above his weight-class, always being our hits leader, and now he's dirt because he's taken a couple dumb penalties this year.  
not sure it's hatred it's more that IMO we'd be better off with him on the fourth line then on the 3rd. would probably sere us better to have Conacher on the third also

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
People go over the line with him for sure. I love Neil but he's slowing down and he's becoming less and less effective, he's also taking a lot of bad penalties right now. He isn't trash but he's a 4th liner right now but there is no one to push him out of his current roster spot.
"A lot of bad penalties". I remember one penalty that I would classify as "bad" (when he punched the other player in the face). There's been a couple careless penalties, where his stick has accidentally come up after a hit and clipped a guy in the face, but as far as dumb, avoidable, just plain stupid penalties...I remember one.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Columbus Blue Jackets - 7:00pm ET - Tue. Nov. 5th, 2013 - Page 3 Chrisneilwin

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:
People go over the line with him for sure.  I love Neil but he's slowing down and he's becoming less and less effective, he's also taking a lot of bad penalties right now.  He isn't trash but he's a 4th liner right now but there is no one to push him out of his current roster spot.
"A lot of bad penalties".  I remember one penalty that I would classify as "bad" (when he punched the other player in the face).  There's been a couple careless penalties, where his stick has accidentally come up after a hit and clipped a guy in the face, but as far as dumb, avoidable, just plain stupid penalties...I remember one.
Agreed. I'm more concerned with his play, though. There was a time when a shot to play with Spezza would have gotten Neil on the scoresheet but something is amiss right now with the young Neiler.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:
People go over the line with him for sure.  I love Neil but he's slowing down and he's becoming less and less effective, he's also taking a lot of bad penalties right now.  He isn't trash but he's a 4th liner right now but there is no one to push him out of his current roster spot.
"A lot of bad penalties".  I remember one penalty that I would classify as "bad" (when he punched the other player in the face).  There's been a couple careless penalties, where his stick has accidentally come up after a hit and clipped a guy in the face, but as far as dumb, avoidable, just plain stupid penalties...I remember one.
Agreed. I'm more concerned with his play, though. There was a time when a shot to play with Spezza would have gotten Neil on the scoresheet but something is amiss right now with the young Neiler.
Pretty much this. I think he's better suited with Grant on the 4th line as well, that has the makings of a true energy line. Rather conacher with some skill have a chance to gel with greening and smith. Neil on that line doesn't make sense to me. Need speed right now more than grit.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:
4 mins last game was dumb and needless IMO, the one against Anahiem was really dumb. Maybe you're right though, classify them as careless more so then stupid. Either way, he's struggling and getting frustrated which IMO is leading to more minors than he would normally take.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Michallica wrote:Come on Mac....switch conacher and neil.  FFS give us a credible third line at least.
Mac sure has made some hard to understand choices this season. wonder what's going on there...
He's been partying with Rob Ford.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Michallica wrote:Come on Mac....switch conacher and neil.  FFS give us a credible third line at least.
Mac sure has made some hard to understand choices this season. wonder what's going on there...
He's been partying with Rob Ford.
He stores a crack pipe in that stupid mustache of his. It drops down like those airplane oxygen masks when it's time to light up. True story.

Last edited by SeawaySensFan on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Problem isn't Neil, it is the role he has been put in. Neil is a 4th liner, that is all.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Come on...I love Neil as much as any Sens fan, but he's been pretty bad this year. Bad penalties - or badly timed penalties. Zero offense. At least he's good on the forecheck once in a while, but either he's not fast enough to keep up and forecheck properly, or he doesn't do it often enough.

It's been a start to the year to forger for Neil.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I exaggerated but Neil was a good warrior. He's getting older and is slowly becoming more of a liability than an asset. Plays just die as soon as he gets the puck as he dumps it in as soon as he crosses centre ice.

He's Murray's loyal re-signing of a player who's been loyal to the team and good with the community.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I still think Neil is a very good 4th liner. He hits, he can fight, and he's not a liability. I would also like to add that his +/- is even, which is better than a lot of Senators.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That's because he doesn't do much lol

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He's always been taking dumb penalties. Part of that comes with the job as he gets reputation calls once in a while. Lately he has slowed down a lot and is taking more. He is also not drawing a lot because of his penchant to embellish the extent of an injury.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum