GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Columbus Blue Jackets - 7:00pm ET - Tue. Nov. 5th, 2013

+10
Oglethorpe
NEELY
Flo The Action
Hoags
SensHulk
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Luke Schenn for Greening.

Cowen, Schenn, Boro, and Methot = nasty Canadian boys.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

A mature, 26 year old PF who is about to hit his prime and scored 30 goals his last full season of hockey? Simmonds is a pretty big fish right now and fits perfectly into the Sens team and system. If you can find a better fit than that around the league that actually might be available I don't know who it is. Maybe Matthias? Colin Wilson? Krieder? Dubinsky? Those are the guys I think could be moved that fit the need and age of the group but still think Simmonds is a better fit.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I'm not sure Philly is so keen to deal Simmonds.  He's signed long-term to a reasonable contract, and fits in to their "style".  If we did make a deal, it'd have to be Wiercioch +++ (more than just Greening).  Maybe if we dealt Cowen for Simmonds, but I'm not sure the Ottawa brass would be jumping on that necessarily.
What you probably want to do is find someone that wants to dump a salary and see if Greening is enough to get the deal done. I don't get the Simmonds fixation since there are plenty of more realistic options in Philly and elsewhere.
Steve Downie wouldn't have been a bad option, if you can somehow get past his apparent craziness.

For now I just assume we'll stand pat unless we go on another listless losing streak.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Luke Schenn for Greening.

Luke Schenn is a guy I think would fit perfectly into Ottawa's system as well. RH stay at home, tough D man. Wiercioch straight up for Schenn would make sense there too and this gives the team the ability to put everyone on their right sides.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If Luke Schenn wasn't garbage I'd agree. Let Jurke overpay for him.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:

If Luke Schenn wasn't garbage I'd agree. Let Jurke overpay for him.
I've liked Schenn for a long time so it will be tough to convince me he's garbage but he is a player the Sens don't have right now and that's a top 4 RH stay at home D man. I guess the question is how much more bang for the buck does Gryba give you over Schenn... not sure it's worth the difference in price right now.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He's not garbage, he's just not what people thought he would become (or unrealistically thought he would become). You're bound to fail in Toronto if you're terrible overhyped.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Schenn is also 24...do I have to remind you how long it takes d-men to truly mature and develop?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Schenn is also 24...do I have to remind you how long it takes d-men to truly mature and develop?
He's also the last thing this team needs right now. He's a reclamation project at this point. And an expensive one at that.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Schenn is also 24...do I have to remind you how long it takes d-men to truly mature and develop?
3.6 cap hit for Schenn right now is huge though. Again I like Schenn but that's the problem.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
He's also the last thing this team needs right now. He's a reclamation project at this point. And an expensive one at that.
Wouldn't say he is a reclamation project anymore than Methot was when he came over but once again, over paid. IMO though he's exactly what the Sens need, he's an upgraded Gryba who can play top 4 mins and kill penalties. Not worth 3.6 for 3 years though.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
A reclemation project is Guillaume Latendresse, not a you legit NHL defenseman who has pretty much never been injured or missed a game.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't see the Flyers trading away a defenceman not named Timonen, Streit, or Meszaros.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Schenn is being healthy scratched and he's over paid... for sure could be traded any second.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Schenn is being healthy scratched and he's over paid... for sure could be traded any second.
I didn't realize Schenn was getting benched.

He's still got $3.6M/year left for two more seasons after this one. Not sure that is the kind of price tag Murray wants to take on for a guy that isn't earning it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:A mature, 26 year old PF who is about to hit his prime and scored 30 goals his last full season of hockey?  Simmonds is a pretty big fish right now and fits perfectly into the Sens team and system.  If you can find a better fit than that around the league that actually might be available I don't know who it is.  Maybe Matthias?  Colin Wilson?  Krieder? Dubinsky? Those are the guys I think could be moved that fit the need and age of the group but still think Simmonds is a better fit.
Kreider? Dubinsky? Be prepared to be moving big pieces to land those guys. Especially Dubinsky. Start with Lazar - and I don't think you want to do that.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Schenn is being healthy scratched and he's over paid... for sure could be traded any second.
That much I can agree with. I'd hate to see Ottawa give up anything of value to take on that huge ticket and the question marks that come with it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
That much I can agree with. I'd hate to see Ottawa give up anything of value to take on that huge ticket and the question marks that come with it.
Yeah, I'd probably look at it if the price was really low, but I'm not convinced about this kid at all at that price tag.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum