GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators placed on NHL watch list - the story continues

+12
spader
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
sandysensfan
LeCaptain
Hoags
tim1_2
PTFlea
SensHulk
Ev
NEELY
wprager
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 15]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm beginning to full on hate Yost, but if the Citizen runs this story...look out.  Hopefully melnyk does the right thing and sells to a powerful ottawaonian.
Why do you hate Yost? He's limited in his abilities but he's tenacious and it looks like he uncovered enough for someone with better support to do this justice.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:They aren't going to lose Ryan and Spezza, Jesus.  They will lose the team before they lose their best players.  Maybe Melnyk has to sell team because of his personal finances but it has nothing to do with the viability of the Sens as a hockey team or playing in the city of Ottawa.  

People just love drama.  Even the Devils got sold.  Ownership changes all the time in professional sports.
Of course not. Spezza and Ryan are not going to bolt if the money's still good. Ottawa is a good market and the team is turning an operational profit. But it appears it was leveraged to the hilt. With prime at 1% and the debt service at over 10% a very simple solution would be to re-finance. But I doubt that Melnyk would be able to get that kind of loan from a bank. Another owner, maybe could.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I want ownership to change. We'd have Alfie and Ryan right now if he'd Diddle off and sell.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can't wait until camp starts and end this crap

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'm beginning to full on hate Yost, but if the Citizen runs this story...look out.  Hopefully melnyk does the right thing and sells to a powerful ottawaonian.
Why do you hate Yost?  He's limited in his abilities but he's tenacious and it looks like he uncovered enough for someone with better support to do this justice.
He's always been a negative prick

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I want ownership to change.  We'd have Alfie and Ryan right now if he'd Diddle off and sell.
I don't want Alfie if he doesn't want to be here. Screw him and his "probably not" and his ridiculous long hair and 'roid-induced acne.

Plus I hear Hugo is a little $4it, too.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Can't wait until camp starts and end this crap
Hey, this makes the wait easier! If not for this I'd probably be finishing up my taxes. This is much less disheartening.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I want ownership to change.  We'd have Alfie and Ryan right now if he'd Diddle off and sell.
I don't want Alfie if he doesn't want to be here.  Screw him and his "probably not" and his ridiculous long hair and 'roid-induced acne.  

Plus I hear Hugo is a little $4it, too.
I agree to an extent. But he wanted to be here, he wanted to be paid handsomely too though.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

You're a good man.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
You're a good man.
Yup, you can put your heads back in the sand and ignore the ugly truth.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

What's the ugly truth?  The Sens are in trouble or Melnyk is going broke because there is a big difference, lol.  Fact is I laugh at all of this because the Sens are not going anywhere and if Melnyk is forced to sell, oh well.

Lots of people or big corps willing to buy a PROFITABLE Canadian hockey franchise in the Canadian Capital. I just don't hang out on the ledges of cliffs and worry about jumping, lol.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Do I want/expect Melnyk to sell? Yes. Do I care right now? No. We're not ready to spend big money anyway.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes, we all agree Melnyk should sell the team. The question is, when will this happen? Maybe not for a long time, and he could struggle along and wave byebye to big names as he keeps us near the floor. I'm not sure why this isn't a legitimate concern.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well look at the Devils. They made the Final even with their issues. They lost Parise but that wasn't abut money. They were able to sign Kovalchuk to huge dollars, and they signed like 4-5 free agents.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Yes, we all agree Melnyk should sell the team.  The question is, when will this happen?  Maybe not for a long time, and he could struggle along and wave byebye to big names as he keeps us near the floor.  I'm not sure why this isn't a legitimate concern.
If Melnyk continues to go the way he's going it will be in short order which is good. If he stops the bleeding it means the Sens will spend which is good. The Ottawa Senators and CTC make money which is good. Melnyk is a business man who's as sketchy and loud as they come which could be bad or good depending on how you look at things.

Lots of other guys will be out the door before Spezza and Ryan namely Michalek, Phillips, and Anderson. That's over 10 mil right there so...

Anyways, you seem to enjoy being upset so I will let you enjoy your day.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Well look at the Devils. They made the Final even with their issues. They lost Parise but that wasn't abut money. They were able to sign Kovalchuk to huge dollars, and they signed like 4-5 free agents.
Devils lose money every year, Sens are basically a break even venture that a lot of people would love to have as a toy and if a big corp comes in like CT and buys them, it's free advertising. Either way, you're right, you don't need to spend stupid dollars to be competitive each year and right now the Sens don't need to.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

New Jersey currently has a payroll $6M higher than us.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Anyways, you seem to enjoy being upset so I will let you enjoy your day.
Thank you, that's all I ask. Beer

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum