GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Draft Protection list

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Draft Protection list Empty Draft Protection list Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:05 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

3D + 7F +1G

or

8(D or F) + 1G

We don't have to keep it to just the Sens.

Karlsson (D1)
Ceci (D2)
Methot (D3)
- I left off Phaneuf because at his cap+term he's safe
- I struggled between Methot and Wideman, mainly because we don't have a third-pairing rightie without Wideman

Stone (F1)
Turris (F2)
Pageau (F3)
Zibanejad (F3)
Hoffman (F5)
Smith (F6)
Lazar (F7)
- Ryan is safe on that contract
- MacArthur has that nagging "will he ever play again" hanging over him
- Would suck if Neil got picked

Anderson (G1)

Go.

Last edited by wprager on Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total

2Draft Protection list Empty Re: Draft Protection list Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:06 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wanna have some fun? Try the Leafs.

3Draft Protection list Empty Re: Draft Protection list Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:56 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:3D + 7F +1G

or

9(D or F) + 1G

Karlsson (D1)
Ceci (D2)
Methot (D3)
- I struggled between Methot and Wideman, mainly because we don't have a third-pairing rightie without Wideman

Stone (F1)
Turris (F2)
Pageau (F3)
Zibanejad (F3)
Hoffman (F5)
Smith (F6)
Lazar (F7)

Anderson (G1)

Go.
A wideman will not be The one that is picks up! Laughing3
And B Of course Ryan would get pickup up. They also have to Reach The cap floor and he's a good player. No way no how.

4Draft Protection list Empty Re: Draft Protection list Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:39 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:3D + 7F +1G

or

9(D or F) + 1G

Karlsson (D1)
Ceci (D2)
Methot (D3)

Stone (F1)
Turris (F2)
Pageau (F3)
Zibanejad (F3)
Hoffman (F5)
Smith (F6)
Lazar (F7)

Anderson (G1)

Go.

Option B is actually 8 skaters (any combination) and 1 G. Not 9.

Karlsson, Phaneuf, Ceci (though I liked Walter's reasoning for keeping Phaneuf, still, I'd keep him)
Stone, Ryan, Turris, Zbad, Hoffman, JGP, Smith
Anderson

5Draft Protection list Empty Re: Draft Protection list Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:57 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So this is nice, but you're ignoring some of the rules, like guys with NMC will have to be protected. So Phaneuf will have to be protected. The problem with trying to make a list right now is that our roster should be a little different in a year when we actually have to do this.

Anyway, here goes:

1) Karlsson
2) Phaneuf (NMC)
3) Methot (NTC)

4) Pageau
5) MacArthur (NTC)
6) Stone
7) Turris
8) ZBad
9) Ryan
10) Hoffman or Smith or Drouin

11) Anderson (although a real case could be made for Hammond)

6Draft Protection list Empty Re: Draft Protection list Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:22 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:

Option B is actually 8 skaters (any combination) and 1 G. Not 9.

Karlsson, Phaneuf, Ceci (though I liked Walter's reasoning for keeping Phaneuf, still, I'd keep him)
Stone, Ryan, Turris, Zbad, Hoffman, JGP, Smith
Anderson

Fixed.

7Draft Protection list Empty Re: Draft Protection list Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:26 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Protect Hammond and roll with him and Driedger's 0.00 lifetime NHL SV%. Sure. Who's the generational talent in 2017, again?

Damn, forgot about NMC/NTC rule. I wonder how many of these we'll see in the next round of contracts handed out. Want a no-move clause? Then you'll have to take a hometown discount.

8Draft Protection list Empty Re: Draft Protection list Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:40 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Protect Hammond and roll with him and Driedger's 0.00 lifetime NHL SV%.  Sure.  Who's the generational talent in 2017, again?

Well, keep in mind that Ogelthorpe brought up the brilliant possibility that other goalies might be easily obtainable via trade (or whatever)...for example Tampa Bay can only protect one of Vasilevsky or Bishop. So we can swoop in, pick one up, and protect that one. I'd happily keep Anderson, but he's getting old.

9Draft Protection list Empty Re: Draft Protection list Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:58 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just checked the generafanager.com's NMC/NTC tool. Phaneuf has the NMC, but the following players have NTCs:

Methot
MacArthur
Phillips
Neil

Thank god that Phillips' contract expires otherwise you would be losing both Ceci and Karlsson.

10Draft Protection list Empty Re: Draft Protection list Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:00 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Protect Hammond and roll with him and Driedger's 0.00 lifetime NHL SV%.  Sure.  Who's the generational talent in 2017, again?

Damn, forgot about NMC/NTC rule.  I wonder how many of these we'll see in the next round of contracts handed out.  Want a no-move clause?  Then you'll have to take a hometown discount.

What rule?

11Draft Protection list Empty Re: Draft Protection list Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:05 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry, if we had to do it this year, with Phaneuf, Methot and Phillips on the mandatory protection list we'd go to the 8 skaters rule and add Karlsson. Then probably add Ceci, leaving room for just 4 forwards:

Stone, Turris are the easy ones. As much as I love Pageau, do you protect him over Zibanejad, Ryan, Hoffman or even Smith?

12Draft Protection list Empty Re: Draft Protection list Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:11 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Even worse than that. MacArthur has a NTC so that means you protect MacArthur, Stone, Turris and one more.

13Draft Protection list Empty Re: Draft Protection list Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:15 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

While I'm not saying there won't be a rule forcing you to protect NMC/NTC players, that rule doesn't yet exist...

Besides, I'm convinced there will be trades and signings throughout the league to exapansion-draft-proof their roster. There's not much sense trying to predict who will be protected right now. Maybe narrow it down to guys who you feel are 100 percent sure to even be Senators by that time.

14Draft Protection list Empty Re: Draft Protection list Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:21 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Damn, forgot about NMC/NTC rule.  I wonder how many of these we'll see in the next round of contracts handed out.  Want a no-move clause?  Then you'll have to take a hometown discount.

What rule?

No rules yet. But the proposal for the expansion draft protection is that players on NMC/NTC have to be protected. Of course by the time all of this shakes out the NHLPA (which *wants* more NMC/NTC contracts) will insist that players on NMC/NTCs will be automatically protected in addition to the 7/3 (or 8).

15Draft Protection list Empty Re: Draft Protection list Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:43 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I imagine the final rule will allow for one or two NMC/NTC guys to be automatically protected above and beyonf the base numbers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum