GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Draft Protection list

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Draft Protection list - Page 3 Empty Re: Draft Protection list Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:57 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Fair enough, maybe I'm not always crystal clear.  But this time Mm post clearly mentioned that those who watched him play *and* those who scan the stats sheets would both come to the same conclusion regarding Methot.  Yet you went back to the old (and untrue) chestnut of "Walter doesn't watch any games except on paper".

I watch games.  I have a busy family life so I maybe don't watch as much as some, but probably more than most.  I also like digging deeper so I look at stats.  But I use stats to back up my opinions, which are normally not drawn from stats in the first place.  According to those Briggs-Meyers tests I am an intuitive thinker and have actually had to train myself to do deeper analysis (I still arrive at the same conclusion most of the time, but I can now back it up to my boss and not be accused of jumping at conclusions).  So, perhaps, my affinity for stats simply comes from this.

Just because someone looks at stats does not mean he doesn't watch games, and it certainly does not mean that he forms his opinions based on simply numbers.  I watch, I root, I complain about referees, I yell "Shoot!" at the screen when they've passed it back-and-forth 8 times on the powerplay.  I form my opinions based on watching, if I can, then I try to back my arguments up with supporting stats because that's what is usually asked for -- in real life.  But in this fantasy sports life it's somehow wrong, whereas the NEELY type says "fact is" and you all drop your panties.

Just sayin'.

32Draft Protection list - Page 3 Empty Re: Draft Protection list Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:45 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You're hilarious. And wrong, as usual. Everyone gets a hard time here, including Neely (he got such a hard time that he left).

You just are wrong more than most, so you get it the worst. Due to being wrong. More than most.

33Draft Protection list - Page 3 Empty Re: Draft Protection list Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:45 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

This is my best response to the conversation above:

StickmanDancing

34Draft Protection list - Page 3 Empty Re: Draft Protection list Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:You're hilarious. And wrong, as usual. Everyone gets a hard time here, including Neely (he got such a hard time that he left).

You just are wrong more than most, so you get it the worst. Due to being wrong. More than most.

Do you enjoy trying to piss me off? There is a difference in saying "This is my opinion, which is different from yours" and "You're wrong, as usual".

I state my opinion and I try to back it up with *some kind* of evidence. You tell me my opinion is wrong and my evidence is fluff yet you never actually offer anything to back up your own opinion. I don't say "Your opinion is wrong" unless it has something to do with your interpretation of what I said.

Anyhow, I'm done. It's pointless to try to reason with some people, I just take a little longer than most in coming to that realization.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum