GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

THE playoff story to watch

+5
stempniaksen
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

SJ vs Detroit

THE playoff story to watch Vote_lcap291%THE playoff story to watch Vote_rcap2 91% [ 10 ]
THE playoff story to watch Vote_lcap20%THE playoff story to watch Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
THE playoff story to watch Vote_lcap29%THE playoff story to watch Vote_rcap2 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1THE playoff story to watch Empty THE playoff story to watch Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Seriously, this is it. Detroit looks like they might be able to sneak into 8th. In fact, they're starting to play much better hockey and might even take a hold of 7th. SJ is waiting at the top of the West for their opponent, Chicago is right behind them.

What the heck is gonna happen if SJ draws a 1st round matchup with Detroit? More choking? It's gotta have Sharks fans crapping their pantaloons right now. I would be if I was them.
What do you think?

2THE playoff story to watch Empty Re: THE playoff story to watch Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:59 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Meh.

3THE playoff story to watch Empty Re: THE playoff story to watch Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:27 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:Seriously, this is it. Detroit looks like they might be able to sneak into 8th. In fact, they're starting to play much better hockey and might even take a hold of 7th. SJ is waiting at the top of the West for their opponent, Chicago is right behind them.

What the heck is gonna happen if SJ draws a 1st round matchup with Detroit? More choking? It's gotta have Sharks fans crapping their pantaloons right now. I would be if I was them.
What do you think?

I personally think Detroit wins if they face SJ in the first round.

- Unknown Author

4THE playoff story to watch Empty Re: THE playoff story to watch Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I frankly don't think it really matters. Detroit hasn't played well enough, even when healthy. I don't think either of those two teams are in the Conference Finals, although it would be more embarrassing for San Jose to miss the second round.

5THE playoff story to watch Empty Re: THE playoff story to watch Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:31 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

It's all about goaltending, and Nabokov doesn't look good right now, and I think the pressure won't help.

6THE playoff story to watch Empty Re: THE playoff story to watch Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:32 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I frankly don't think it really matters. Detroit hasn't played well enough, even when healthy. I don't think either of those two teams are in the Conference Finals, although it would be more embarrassing for San Jose to miss the second round.

I watch Detroit quite often and I think they look really good TBH. PLus, they are winners, and will face losers.

7THE playoff story to watch Empty Re: THE playoff story to watch Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:32 pm

Nabokov is having a otn of trouble and there really isnt a bigger choker in The NHL inbetween the pipes then Nabokov. If San Jose plays Detroit they are in a ton of trouble.

8THE playoff story to watch Empty Re: THE playoff story to watch Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:
wprager wrote:I frankly don't think it really matters. Detroit hasn't played well enough, even when healthy. I don't think either of those two teams are in the Conference Finals, although it would be more embarrassing for San Jose to miss the second round.

I watch Detroit quite often and I think they look really good TBH. PLus, they are winners, and will face losers.

Do you think they'll advance to the Finals past either Chicago or Vancouver, though?

9THE playoff story to watch Empty Re: THE playoff story to watch Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:37 pm

Detroit can beat Vancouver for sure. Chicago? Well, they took it to them at home 2 weeks ago.

Detroit can beat any team in a 7 game series.

10THE playoff story to watch Empty Re: THE playoff story to watch Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:39 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
marakh wrote:

Do you think they'll advance to the Finals past either Chicago or Vancouver, though?

Depends on Chicago's goaltending. I actually think Detroit will face CHicago in the 1st round, not SJ.
I pick Vancouver in the WEST finals though. Whoever faces them. Maybe VAN/CHI, VAN/DET, VAN/LA...

11THE playoff story to watch Empty Re: THE playoff story to watch Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:44 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
marakh wrote:

I could be wrong but I think the question was a what if scenario for a first round match-up between these two teams. If Detroit faces SJ who wins?

- Unknown Author

12THE playoff story to watch Empty Re: THE playoff story to watch Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:52 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And my answer to the original question was "Meh" because I don't think either team makes it through to the Conference Final. It's hard for me to get too excited about all playoff match ups in the East (where I can watch games *before* going to bed) let alone the West. I usually only watch the hilites for the Western games until it's the Conference Finals.

13THE playoff story to watch Empty Re: THE playoff story to watch Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:54 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I still think San Jose wins. Detroit has been downright awful at times this season. I guess if they slip into that 7 or 8 seed it means they've been hot, so that could be the difference.

As good as a San Jose/Detroit matchuo would be, can anyone imagine a Chicago/Detroit matchup? That would be sick.

14THE playoff story to watch Empty Re: THE playoff story to watch Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:16 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

stempniaksen wrote:I still think San Jose wins. Detroit has been downright awful at times this season. I guess if they slip into that 7 or 8 seed it means they've been hot, so that could be the difference.

As good as a San Jose/Detroit matchuo would be, can anyone imagine a Chicago/Detroit matchup? That would be sick.

We all know the team that is hot going into the playoffs has the best chance. Happens every year (Anaheim, Edmonton, Carolina, Pittsburg 2009, OTtawa 2007...)

Detroit last 10 : 7-2-1
SJ last 10: 4-5-1.

^^.

15THE playoff story to watch Empty Re: THE playoff story to watch Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:18 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:I still think San Jose wins. Detroit has been downright awful at times this season. I guess if they slip into that 7 or 8 seed it means they've been hot, so that could be the difference.

We all know the team that is hot going into the playoffs has the best chance. Happens every year (Anaheim, Edmonton, Carolina, Pittsburg 2009, OTtawa 2007...)

Detroit last 10 : 7-2-1
SJ last 10: 4-5-1.

^^.

I'm disappointed in you marakh Wink Being the GM of St. Louis you should know that St. Louis was by far the hottest team heading into the playoffs and they got swept.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum