GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2013 - Melnyk's Budget Edition

+16
M_Christopher
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
spader
sandysensfan
Flo The Action
SensHulk
DirtyDave
LeCaptain
NEELY
rooneypoo
wprager
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Hoags
Ev
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30 ... 57  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 57]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Funnily enough, you have a point.  There's no room for another forward without making a transaction.

Briere - Spezza - Michalek

Zibanejad - Turris - Alfie

Silfverberg - Pageau - Greening

Conacher - Smith - Condra/Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Boyle
Phillips - Gryba
Wiercioch

You also forgot Kassian who has 1 year left as well.

There is no way they can add Briere without trading 1 or 2 forwards.  Garrioch says he expects Greening will be signed to an extension as well.

Not true, there will always be healthy scratches.

and don't say I didn't tell you so but Alfredsson may not even be on the Sens

Alfredsson is a formality at this point. Just a matter of when he signs, for how long. $$$ not really an object (they'll make his salary back in goodwill and jersey/seat sales).

There will be moves. In addition to the players already mentioned, there are rookies who will be pushing for spots as well. Anyone going to the DC? It starts tomorrow and on-ice practices are open to the public.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

DirtyDave wrote:Hal Gill
Kris Russell
Jeff Schultz

All on waivers. What are people's thoughts? Especially regarding the latter two.

All three are lefties. We have Borowiecki if we need a lefty.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i'd pick up Zanon for his beard alone

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:i'd pick up Zanon for his beard alone

All five D-men placed on waivers today are lefties. Dammit! 

Can his beard play the right side?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Nashville has too many RHD now that they drafted Jones.

Get Klein or Ellis Smile 

Or sign Blum for cheap if they want a project and think they get him to reach his potential here.

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

Imagine the internal budget is just a strategy so that no teams expect the senators to sign players then *boom* they sign clarkson and alfie?

Discuss

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

"Hey Murray it's ray Shero, you want Malkin for Greening?"

"Naw bro, budget".

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DirtyDave wrote:Imagine the internal budget is just a strategy so that no teams expect the senators to sign players then *boom* they sign clarkson and alfie?

Discuss

Clarkson? I guess there are worse options, but he wouldn't be near top of my list. Briere please.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:"Hey Murray it's ray Shero, you want Malkin for Greening?"

"Naw bro, budget".

I am pretty sure they'd make an exception for that.  Malkin would bring in a couple of million on his own with increased ticket and merchandise sales.

People would pay more for tickets to see Malkin at every home game as well.  No one will pay more to see David Clarkson or Nathan Horton.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We should steer clear of Horton and Clarkson IMO. Let them go and get ridiculous packages elsewhere and then see how unhappy their fanbase becomes when they go unrealistically cold for long stretches - especially Clarkson.

Horton has talent, I'll give him that, but he's oft injured, HUGE red flag risk.

Now Briere....that's an injury risk worth taking!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

How do we go about getting James Neal in a sens uni....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:How do we go about getting James Neal in a sens uni....
We don't unfortunately.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
We don't unfortunately.

:crossarms: 

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
We don't unfortunately.

:crossarms: 
hold-on now! there's nothing to say that we don't actually end up with Neil. some other salary would end up going the other way. I imagine that if pitts doesn't resign cook they might have an interest in a guy like greening and obviously more. I think it's feasible if pitts needs to clear some space.

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

Any signings yet?!

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:This'll be interesting to watch.  

I'll make some semi-bold predictions:

Lecavallier - Florida or Nashville
Iginla - LA
Briere - Ottawa or NJ or NYI
Elias - NJ
Bryzgalov - Edmonton
Ribiero - Florida or Washington
Thomas - Philly
Jagr - ?? NYI or Ottawa
Roy - ??
Horton - Edmonton
Clarkson - Toronto
Clowe - Edmonton
Ryder - Ottawa or Colorado
Dupuis - Ottawa or Pittsburgh or NYI

Dung...no idea.  Laugh1  This was a lot harder than I thought it would be

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/07/02/mike-ribeiros-wife-pissed-beyond-belief-capitals-wont-sign-him

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:There's only one way you can give yourself a chance to go deep into the playoffs - acquire players like Dan Boyle and Danny Briere and let them mesh.

That`s the issue... to get where you want to go.. the Cup... he will eventually have to bring in the talent to supplement the very good young team he has..

If he wants to make $$ off the team.. they have to make the playoffs.. I think it`s going to be harder to make the playoffs in the new divisions... Divisional points are going to be more important than ever.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Funnily enough, you have a point.  There's no room for another forward without making a transaction.

Briere - Spezza - Michalek

Zibanejad - Turris - Alfie

Silfverberg - Pageau - Greening

Conacher - Smith - Condra/Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Boyle
Phillips - Gryba
Wiercioch

You also forgot Kassian who has 1 year left as well.

There is no way they can add Briere without trading 1 or 2 forwards.  Garrioch says he expects Greening will be signed to an extension as well.

Not true, there will always be healthy scratches.

and don't say I didn't tell you so but Alfredsson may not even be on the Sens

Alfredsson is a formality at this point.  Just a matter of when he signs, for how long.  $$$ not really an object (they'll make his salary back in goodwill and jersey/seat sales).  

There will be moves.  In addition to the players already mentioned, there are rookies who will be pushing for spots as well.  Anyone going to the DC?  It starts tomorrow and on-ice practices are open to the public.

In a little less than 2 hrs if Alfie isn`t signed.. teams can contact his agent. I`m sure teams will do that. I mean there were teams calling Murray leading up to the draft asking if Karlsson and Cowen were available.

What is a team gives Alfie an incredible offer and the Sens won`t give him what he asks for? Never say never..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 57]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30 ... 57  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum