GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+19
TheAvatar
M_Christopher
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
DirtyDave
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
spader
Ev
SensHulk
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
sandysensfan
tim1_2
NEELY
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next

Go down  Message [Page 62 of 66]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh...Lundqvist aint taking no 7 million IMO. Look towards 8+.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

7 years, 39 million for Landeskog.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sounds good for team and player.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:7 years, 39 million for Landeskog.
Hmm, almost $5.6M for a players coming off a sophomore slump season. Yeah, better make that 7 years and hope the cap keeps going up-uP-UP!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Giroux injured the wrist that he'd had surgically repaired. That's not good news for him or Philly.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:Giroux injured the wrist that he'd had surgically repaired. That's not good news for him or Philly.
Severed 4 tendons. Erik Johnson tweets "Hey @28CGiroux, don't worry it happens bro. #buddies" -- why, was a golf cart involved? Anyhow, full recovery in 5-6 weeks.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

what's going on with the pool this year? anyone wants to do the whole fantrax thing again? Ive got one with some friends so I don't want to be the organizer but I'd love to participate in another.
try and redeem myself from the low position i had last year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think you mean the Sim League. We also used to have a playoff pool but for some reason I just didn't start one this year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, let's do a big pool this year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bruins about to sign Theodore as backup to Rask.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, let's do a big pool this year.  
As long as there's no playing roster/healthy scratches, trades, etc. I'd be OK.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

you wanna start it up? this year lets have point for stars and points for shutouts with goalies. it made goalies too weak last year. i also missed short handed goals and we could ad shootout goals too

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
As long as there's no playing roster/healthy scratches, trades, etc. I'd be OK.
aaahhhh c'mon Prags! it's what makes it fun to check on every week at least. you gotta be able to change your roster a little bit?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Bruins about to sign Theodore as backup to Rask.
that's not bad, they could do worse. they should of signed that old guy, what's his name again? Thomas?Sarcasm 
where did kudhobin land again?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Carolina I think.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:Bruins about to sign Theodore as backup to Rask.
Bobby Mac squelches the rumors.  It had originally come from Yvon Pednault TVA).

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

According to an article on The Score, Kadri's camp wants to use Landeskog as a comparable. Laugh1 Facepalm 

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Good article. Always nice to see the Sens as the main headiline, especially in this type of article:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1743810-predicting-stanley-cup-dark-horses-for-the-2013-14-nhl-season#/articles/1743810-predicting-stanley-cup-dark-horses-for-the-2013-14-nhl-season/page/5

I was giving it some thought, and I can really see Detroit being on the outside of the playoff picture looking in. They're an older team not used to the physicality they will be up against via Boston, Toronto, Ottawa, Buffalo on a regular basis, and the skill/grit of Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and the Rangers.

Of the eight playoff teams, you have to consider Ottawa, Toronto, Boston, Pittsburgh, are essentially locks. You then have to consider how close Columbus was last year, the Rangers and Flyers are poised for a return, as are the Caps and Isles. The Lightning might also be the most improved team via the draft this year. I don't know the rules pertaining to division leaders and how that amounts to the top eight seeding, but in order of success, here are my predictions:

1. Pittsburgh
2. Boston
3. Toronto
4. Ottawa
5. Rangers
6. Islanders
7-8. Lightning, Blue Jackets, Flyers, Capitals

I can see Alfie being traded back here at the deadline. Would love to see him re-join the team for a cup run. I imagine Detroit would look at Ottawa first and foremost.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 62 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum