GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+19
TheAvatar
M_Christopher
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
DirtyDave
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
spader
Ev
SensHulk
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
sandysensfan
tim1_2
NEELY
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 66  Next

Go down  Message [Page 61 of 66]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I just had to post this somewhere:

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 61 11_0

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Anyone know where I can view the players stats from the Ivan Hlinka tourney?

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:Anyone know where I can view the players stats from the Ivan Hlinka tourney?
 Here you go friend:
http://hlinkamemorial.com/eng/statistiky.asp

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

The Silfer Server wrote:
spader wrote:Anyone know where I can view the players stats from the Ivan Hlinka tourney?
 Here you go friend:
http://hlinkamemorial.com/eng/statistiky.asp
TipHat 

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Rated R wrote:
wprager wrote:So Shero just hired Jacques Martin as the second assistant coach in Pittsburgh (they still don't have a goalie coach, but I doubt that's Martin's job).

Remember how everyone was wondering if Bylsma's job security is in jeopardy when they got steamrolled by the Bruins?  I know he just got extended and all, but you've got to wonder why Martin (who has 17 years of experience as a head coach) is being brought in as an assistant.  
Fantastic hiring and really the only thing the Pens needed to do in order to improve. Great hiring. The Pens should be the Stanley Cup favorite if they weren't already. Nothing but good things can come from this.
They need a goalie.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Rated R wrote:
wprager wrote:So Shero just hired Jacques Martin as the second assistant coach in Pittsburgh (they still don't have a goalie coach, but I doubt that's Martin's job).

Remember how everyone was wondering if Bylsma's job security is in jeopardy when they got steamrolled by the Bruins?  I know he just got extended and all, but you've got to wonder why Martin (who has 17 years of experience as a head coach) is being brought in as an assistant.  
Fantastic hiring and really the only thing the Pens needed to do in order to improve. Great hiring. The Pens should be the Stanley Cup favorite if they weren't already. Nothing but good things can come from this.
They won't be, that's for sure.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I guess we're not the only ones:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/predators-declare-war-blackhawks-fans-invade-nashville-arena-143253505.html

The Preds fought back against the Red Wings’ incursion with a campaign called “Keep The Red Out” that allowed Detroit fans to turn in their jerseys at the Nashville Pro Shop and receive 50 percent off a new Predators sweater. Over 300 Red Wings jerseys were surrendered, according to the team.

With the Red Wings off to the Eastern Conference, the Predators are now focused on eliminating Chicago Blackhawks jerseys from their arena this season.

How?

By forcing Chicago fans to spend twice as much to see their team in Nashville.

According to Nashville Predators President and Chief Operating Officer Sean Henry, speaking with Section 303, the Preds will not allow single game ticket sales for their three home dates against Central Division rival Chicago on Nov. 16, Dec. 17 and April 12, 2014.

If you want tickets to those games, you’ll have to buy tickets to a second non-Blackhawks game too.

This. Means. War.
Now, why didn't Melnyk's Minions think of that? Instant sellouts for those Jersey games.

Wanna see the Leafs or Habs? Buy tickets to Devils/Panthers/etc.

Of course what the Preds' brass probably don't get yet is that it could well be the Preds season ticket holders who are either selling their tickets, or simply are Wings/Hawks fans to begin with.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good idea. Don't allow single game sales for the Habs/Leafs games. Make you buy a package to get 'em. Won't totally eliminate the problem, but it will at least increase revenue.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Devils expected to be sold to 76ers owner:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/philadelphia-76ers-owner-josh-harris-expected-to-purchase-new-jersey-devils/

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Now, why didn't Melnyk's Minions think of that?  Instant sellouts for those Jersey games.
Because we have the dumbest marketing department in the NHL, they do a better job of promoting our opponent than our team.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Another Swede saying he can't picture himself playing anywhere else. Should Rangers fans be afraid? Should Jimmy Howard?

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/23149723/henrik-lundqvist-its-hard-to-picture-myself-playing-elsewhere

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Never would I pay a goaltender over 7 mil, ever. Yah, he could be world class but a goaltender is not the center piece of any team nor a franchise player no matter how good he is. Lunqvist, Lehner, Anderson, Luongo, or otherwise.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Never would I pay a goaltender over 7 mil, ever.  Yah, he could be world class but a goaltender is not the center piece of any team nor a franchise player no matter how good he is.  Lunqvist, Lehner, Anderson, Luongo, or otherwise.  
Without Lundqvist the Ranegrs are literally Hitler

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Seconds from talking over the world?

Yah, Lunqvist is their backbone, no disagreeing or disputing that but their team is built through trades and signings and that on management. They need to start drafting better (they have as of late vs the last decade plus) and they need to allocate that money better. Take up close to 20% of the cap on a goaltender on the back 9 of his career is money poorly spent IMO. Not saying I am right but when you look at the last cup winners none of them had that kind of money allocated to any goaltender. Term isn't an issue, anything in or around 7 mil would be ok, a little high still but do-able.

You need a good goaltender to win, not a great one... unless you are the Sens last year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Interesting blog. a 32-team league is coming. Although I think it'll look somewhat different from what this guy is suggesting, it's an interesting read none-the-less. Just having a tough time with the Division names (Gretzky, Howe, Lemieux, Hull -- WTF is Orr???!)

http://senschirp.ca/chirped/item/1092-lets-talk-32-team-league

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh...Lundqvist aint taking no 7 million IMO. Look towards 8+.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

7 years, 39 million for Landeskog.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sounds good for team and player.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 61 of 66]