GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+19
TheAvatar
M_Christopher
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
DirtyDave
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
spader
Ev
SensHulk
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
sandysensfan
tim1_2
NEELY
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 66  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 66]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:Another thing to ponder....

Two teams in our 'new' division will each get one of MacKinnon, Jones or Drouin.

One of those teams also has Stamkos... the other loaded with very good young prospects..

It's time to stop being so negative on your own team. We got a healthy karlsson, healthy spezza, and more experienced youngsters for next season who will outplay the likes of the three players you mentioned above. Oh and we have the best goalie in Anderson and his backup ain't too shabby either. We'll be fine.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Anyone think Vancouver would be willing to swap Luongo for Letang?

Maybe something along the lines of Letang, Fleury, Kennedy for Luongo, Ballard, Shroeder?

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Anyone think Vancouver would be willing to swap Luongo for Letang?

Maybe something along the lines of Letang, Fleury, Kennedy for Luongo, Ballard, Shroeder?

That's a win by a landslide for Vancouver. Would take more from Vancouver's side to get Letang, but in theory this framework could work.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tanguay to Colorado along with Sarich for Jones and O'Brien. Interesting...seems lateral, but I like Tanguay.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Feaster didn't get any kind of real value back in that trade. Tanguay isn't worth the world but man, no kind of real upside in the trade. A pick, mid tier prospect somewhere in there... just no upside at all.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Interesting tidbit:

Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes
When Sakic and Roy won their last Stanley Cup together, Alex Tanguay scored the winning goal in Game 7.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Intriguing trade. Calgary really banking on Jones getting back on track.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Intriguing trade.  Calgary really banking on Jones getting back on track.  
that's a fair bet, I mean maybe not this season but when they manage(if they can)to surround him with better player.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

So the Pens offered Letang an 8 yr... $54M contract. Saw that on Sportsnet twitter.

No someone mentioned that Letang countered with a long-term contract with
$8M per season.

He's not getting that in Pitts. So IF that is true... he could be dealt at the draft (IMO).

No contender will pay that... So curious to see who has the cap space to take that on?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We do! Ahhhhh!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:So the Pens offered Letang an 8 yr... $54M contract.  Saw that on Sportsnet twitter.

No someone mentioned that Letang countered with a long-term contract with
$8M per season.

He's not getting that in Pitts.  So IF that is true... he could be dealt at the draft (IMO).

No contender will pay that... So curious to see who has the cap space to take that on?

TSN says $56M. Regardless, it's very possible that he's pissed at Pitts right now. I read on The Score (I think...or maybe 30 thoughtes) that he was unhappy with the way the Pitts front office has handled the situation. Maybe he just isn't making it easy on them right now. Shrug

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I think he's doing it because he doesn't want to be signed and traded but there are not a lot of teams that will take that risk for an unsigned D man after next year.  Ballsy of him to turn that down though.

I still can't believe he turned down that deal, he is not worth that kind of coin. Whoever signs him to that deal is going to regret it for a loooooong time. That is a contract that will eventually be bought out.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:We do!  Ahhhhh!

Overrated, simply put

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:We do!  Ahhhhh!

Overrated, simply put

Yuuuup.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

$7M per season for 8 years is a ridiculous offer to turn down, especially when he has it pretty good in Pittsburgh. The only explanation for turning that down is that he wants out. I'm guessing he's traded before the season starts. Shero won't put up with this BS.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He'll never be the D-man he is in Pittsburg elsewhere, so very stupid of him to want to move when he's offered that much.
Someone's got an inflated ego.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:He'll never be the D-man he is in Pittsburg elsewhere, so very stupid of him to want to move when he's offered that much.
Someone's got an inflated ego.

Inflated ego doesn't even begin to describe this madness. In Pittsburgh, he plays with the two best players in the world, and they could easily be contenders for the entire duration of his 8 year contract.

So the money was there, the team was there...where's the problem? Obviously he's not happy about something and has made up his mind that either he gets out of there, or he wants to force them to bend over and take it.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Or he just wants to taste the UFA market next season. He is really forcing Shero's hand and if I was him I would be getting what I can for him asap. Can't sign and trade him this time around.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum