GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+19
TheAvatar
M_Christopher
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
DirtyDave
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
spader
Ev
SensHulk
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
sandysensfan
tim1_2
NEELY
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 41 ... 66  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 66]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:
Ev wrote:Vinny L to the Sens? Ahhhhh!Ahhhhh!

lol obviously the Habs will sign him

Sens won't be in on any UFA's..  Murray said the other day.. once they sign Alfie there is no more room in the budget.
this again?Facepalm

trust me sandy that if a team buys out a player that BM likes Melnyk will open his wallet.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

Sens won't be in on any UFA's..  Murray said the other day.. once they sign Alfie there is no more room in the budget.

I'll believe that when I see it.

Then Alfie might as well pack it in now if no help is coming to go deeper into the playoffs.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:Cullen is still a decent player but I wouldn't give a ton for him?  No.  Good depth player if the Sens need to move a player like Smith or Greening in a deal though... always liked Cullen.

Isn't he a UFA?

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:There's a rumour that Letang turned down an 8 year, 6.8 million dollar contract (55 million I think it was).

IF he does move they won't be sending him to a contender. No contender can take on that contract..

That's more than Karlsson-- and Karlsson, when healthy, is a better player. Not as gritty but more skilled.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

New divisions next season.

2 divisions in each conference & 8 teams in each conf get to the playoffs.

The top 3 in each division get in & the next 2 teams in points in the CONFERENCE get in. So one division could have 5 teams in while the other has 3.

In the division with the Sens it's almost a guarantee that Boston gets in. Detroit is probably close to a lock itself.

So the 3rd spot will be a fight between Mtl, Tor, Ott, Tam.

Wins within the division are even more important this season -- getting points while keeping your opponent from getting any.

Over the last season and a half the Sens have had losing records against Bos, Mtl & Tor. That's not good.

What if teams like Mtl and Tor improve.. and the Sens stand pat.

They could be in real trouble trying to get into the playoffs by staying the same while other divisional teams improve. So I really hope Murray does not include the 2014 first round pick in any trade.

This is just a possible situation... but it could also be reality.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

this again?Facepalm

trust me sandy that if a team buys out a player that BM likes Melnyk will open his wallet.

Then why does BUDGET constantly come up... all of the time with Murray.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

this again?Facepalm

To limit expectations if he can't convince UFAs to sign here.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

this again?Facepalm

I'm pretty sure it's got to do with keeping expectations low, they won't pull anymore Kovalevs to try and bolster the line-up but i'm sure if the right player came along they'd be in.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

And yet we were in the Rick Nash sweepstakes last year, they didn't care about expectations then.

A budget is a budget, if Murray wants to go over he'll have to make a case to Melnyk.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

this again?Facepalm

great minds think alike. Cheers

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

this again?Facepalm

Please post a link or something because you're the only one who mentions it here.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Another thing to ponder....

Two teams in our 'new' division will each get one of MacKinnon, Jones or Drouin.

One of those teams also has Stamkos... the other loaded with very good young prospects..

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:Another thing to ponder....

Two teams in our 'new' division will each get one of MacKinnon, Jones or Drouin.

One of those teams also has Stamkos... the other loaded with very good young prospects..

They're getting all those prospects because they suck and will continue to suck until they surround those prospects with experience and character. Ottawa has a big head start on all those clowns.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Having a budget doesn't mean the sens aren't willing to spend dough. Their budget might state that you have to leave at least $5M for wiggle room at the start of the season. Budget is just a word thrown around as ssf said to temper expectations. If becoming a cup contender meant spending over the budget (and the opportunity has to be there), then melnyk will definitely spend. The opportunity was there to get Nash and clearly Melnyk was willing to pay up long term in an CBA where money couldn't be transferred.

My advice Sandy: stop listening to some internet morons on senschirp cuz each and every one of them (including chirp) is talking out of his/her arse

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

LeKing wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

this again?Facepalm

Please post a link or something because you're the only one who mentions it here.

I read it somewhere... but I'll be damned if I can remember... One time he says yes they can add.. then another says no and refers to the budget... which we all know is one..

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:Another thing to ponder....

It's time to stop being so negative on your own team. We got a healthy karlsson, healthy spezza, and more experienced youngsters for next season who will outplay the likes of the three players you mentioned above. Oh and we have the best goalie in Anderson and his backup ain't too shabby either. We'll be fine.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Anyone think Vancouver would be willing to swap Luongo for Letang?

Maybe something along the lines of Letang, Fleury, Kennedy for Luongo, Ballard, Shroeder?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Anyone think Vancouver would be willing to swap Luongo for Letang?

Maybe something along the lines of Letang, Fleury, Kennedy for Luongo, Ballard, Shroeder?

That's a win by a landslide for Vancouver. Would take more from Vancouver's side to get Letang, but in theory this framework could work.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 41 ... 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum