GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+19
TheAvatar
M_Christopher
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
DirtyDave
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
spader
Ev
SensHulk
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
sandysensfan
tim1_2
NEELY
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38 ... 66  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 66]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Randy Miller ‏@RandyJMiller 21s By the way ... I heard Bryz had 4 blowouts last season with Lavy. And I heard players couldn't stand him. Details

Randy Miller ‏@RandyJMiller 2m I phoned Bryz a second time to ask about #flyers buying him out. He said he doesn't want to talk and hung up on me again. Details

Randy Miller ‏@RandyJMiller 3m i just called Bryz. He answered phone and said, "Congratulations to you guys," then hung up on me wrote:

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Holy f-ing moly!  How does Holmgren still have a job!?!?!?  Ahhhhh!Ahhhhh!

Maybe signing him was Snider's doing ?

Maybe...

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Randy Miller ‏@RandyJMiller Bryz personally asked me several times if and when I thought the Flyers would fire Lavy wrote:

lol...Bryz...

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I don't think Bryzgalov is a bad guy, Philly was probably the worst environment for him. He played for years in Phoenix and Anaheim and nothing happened there.

He might do well on a more reasonable contract in a city with less pressure and media scrutiny.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Bet he goes back to the Yotes.  Is there a player in NHL history who has made more money by playing worse hockey?  Seriously?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I dunno, he's a headcase. Doubt it works out for him, but someone on HF suggested Jersey...still, a guy with that kind of character might not find a job in this league.

I'm very curious to see though.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Bet he goes back to the Yotes.  Is there a player in NHL history who has made more money by playing worse hockey?  Seriously?

I really don't know...I'm curious now though. Who are the players who got massive contracts, then busted out horribly and got bought out?

Yashin was better than Bryz was, so he's out.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Now...let the battle begin for Luongo between the Flyers and the Jackets lol.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Bet he goes back to the Yotes.  Is there a player in NHL history who has made more money by playing worse hockey?  Seriously?

I really don't know...I'm curious now though.  Who are the players who got massive contracts, then busted out horribly and got bought out?

I remember some Yotes made some comments about the guy on the way out too... he might be KHL bound all things considered or to some desperate team like Calgary.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

He was good in Phoenix no ? (except that last playoff series but the team wasn't very good either).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I really don't know...I'm curious now though.  Who are the players who got massive contracts, then busted out horribly and got bought out?

I remember some Yotes made some comments about the guy on the way out too... he might be KHL bound all things considered or to some desperate team like Calgary.

I remember that as well. Bad blood with the Yotes, so they're out. Columbus on a 1 or 2 year deal at a very cheap price maybe?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Now...let the battle begin for Luongo between the Flyers and the Jackets lol.

No chance Philly takes on a huge contract like that again.  Mike Smith?  Maybe.  Jackets still have to decide what to do with Bob.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Now...let the battle begin for Luongo between the Flyers and the Jackets lol.

No chance Philly takes on a huge contract like that again.  Mike Smith?  Maybe.  Jackets still have to decide what to do with Bob.

Yeah, don't put it past them though to panic. Mike Smith is a decent choice to go with Mason.

The Jackets have a huge problem on their hands with Bobrovsky. I usually don't even give the KHL a second look for these kind of things, but Bobrovsky could absolutely cash in here and then come back to the NHL in a few years. Plus, he's Russian. I'd be surprised if he turns down that kind of offer, but I guess stranger things have happened.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Most Russians want to play in the NHL if they have a choice. It's a better league with better conditions and obviously higher level of competition.

Maybe Bobrovsky really cares about the $$$ or has family back home he wants to be close to. The KHL is also hinting that he'd be the #1 goalie for Russia in Sochi if he accepts.

If the Jackets give him a solid, fair offer I think he will take it, they're the ones who developed him into a Vezina goalie after all.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Most Russians want to play in the NHL if they have a choice.  It's a better league with better conditions and obviously higher level of competition.

Maybe Bobrovsky really cares about the $$$ or has family back home he wants to be close to.  The KHL is also hinting that he'd be the #1 goalie for Russia in Sochi if he accepts.

If the Jackets give him a solid, fair offer I think he will take it, they're the ones who developed him into a Vezina goalie after all.

I dunno about the bolded part, they took a chance and it paid off for him and for them, but the rest of the post is fair. We'll see I guess...

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

My guess is that he stays in Columbus. He just won the award for best goaltender of the year in the best league in the world. Why downgrade now?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:My guess is that he stays in Columbus. He just won the award for best goaltender of the year in the best league in the world. Why downgrade now?

$$?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Not a lot of Russian's leave for cash unless they aren't wanted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38 ... 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum