GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+19
TheAvatar
M_Christopher
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
DirtyDave
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
spader
Ev
SensHulk
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
sandysensfan
tim1_2
NEELY
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 42 ... 66  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 66]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He'll never be the D-man he is in Pittsburg elsewhere, so very stupid of him to want to move when he's offered that much.
Someone's got an inflated ego.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:He'll never be the D-man he is in Pittsburg elsewhere, so very stupid of him to want to move when he's offered that much.
Someone's got an inflated ego.

Inflated ego doesn't even begin to describe this madness. In Pittsburgh, he plays with the two best players in the world, and they could easily be contenders for the entire duration of his 8 year contract.

So the money was there, the team was there...where's the problem? Obviously he's not happy about something and has made up his mind that either he gets out of there, or he wants to force them to bend over and take it.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Or he just wants to taste the UFA market next season. He is really forcing Shero's hand and if I was him I would be getting what I can for him asap. Can't sign and trade him this time around.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, he turned down a term longer and more expensive than Karlsson's. I see a Jordan Staal situation arising within the next week.

If the wanting to be a Leaf rumour is true, Toronto is going to pay dearly to acquire him and will be disappointed with the defenceman they gave up core players to get. I'd imagine Kessell and Gardiner are the players going back to Pitt if this is the case.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Intriguing trade.  Calgary really banking on Jones getting back on track.  

I suppose Calgary thinks they did good by getting younger, if nothing else. Certainly, Colorado adds a couple of veterans to a team that lacks maturity (see: Giggy).

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's no possible way Toronto is trading Kessel AND Gardiner to get Letang. No. Way.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:There's no possible way Toronto is trading Kessel AND Gardiner to get Letang.  No. Way.

Nonis seems to want to de-Burke-ify the Leafs and make it his own.

I think he'd have to trade Phaneuf, Kessel might go as well if he will not resign.

Carlyle doesn't seem to be a big Gardiner fan so he might be traded for a centre as Dreger speculated on the radio.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:There's no possible way Toronto is trading Kessel AND Gardiner to get Letang.  No. Way.

Nonis seems to want to de-Burke-ify the Leafs and make it his own.

I think he'd have to trade Phaneuf, Kessel might go as well if he will not resign.

Carlyle doesn't seem to be a big Gardiner fan so he might be traded for a centre as Dreger speculated on the radio.

Just saw a twitter note on Sportsnet that Nonis is not getting any offers from teams willing to trade for Phaneuf.. Surprised? No..

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

gardiner is still a prospect. i think the leafs need to decide on whether to keep kessell or phaneuf this off-season. can't re-sign both next off-season + improve their roster going forward.

imagine kessell on crosby's wing. easily a 40+ goal guy. there would need to be some incentive to trade letang knowing kessell can walk next summer. if letang truly wants to go to toronto, the leafs should make the trade and sign him long-term. they'd have a pretty solid defensive core with phaneuf, letang, gunnarsson, franson, rielly, and blacker/liles going forward.

they also have colborne and biggs ready for a full season in the nhl. while i think they'll miss kessell, they can afford a big name UFA this summer and not miss a beat.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Vancouver is now shopping Schneider Laugh1 

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeKing wrote:Vancouver is now shopping Schneider Laugh1 

lol only choice

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Lol Gillis.
Didn't he already say Luongo won't be a Canuck by training camp?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They end up trading away both Luongo and Schneider and Hasek finally gets that last comeback attempt. Sarcasm 

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:They end up trading away both Luongo and Schneider and Hasek finally gets that last comeback attempt.  Sarcasm 
I'm gonna laugh pretty hard if schneider gets traded cuz there's no way Luongo and the front office can be on good terms now. my bet is another bad year from Gillis and he's fired.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:They end up trading away both Luongo and Schneider and Hasek finally gets that last comeback attempt.  Sarcasm 
I'm gonna laugh pretty hard if schneider gets traded cuz there's no way Luongo and the front office can be on good terms now. my bet is another bad year from Gillis and he's fired.

Maybe Luongo refuses to waive just so he can get Gillis fired.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

can we get a first trade already!! jeez!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here we go folks!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

so apparently the lightning are interested in vinny. there should be something against that in the CBA, you cannot buy out a player and then re-sign him. that's just silly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 42 ... 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum