GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Sens @ Habs :: Game 5, Round 1 :: 7:00pm ET :: Thu. May. 9th, 2013

+15
Hockeyhero22000
The Silfer Server
spader
SensHulk
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
Ev
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Hoags
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
shabbs
wprager
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 15]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:
Michallica wrote:Hands up who thought sens would win a round, let alone make the playoffs when Andy, Spezza, karlsson, Michalek all went down?? That's what I thought (except for spader)

Feels Cussing good. Take the rest, and bring on the penguins.

Told you not to worry. Nod

Cheers

I thought it was over when Karlsson went down then they lost to the Leafs 3-0 right away... season DONE.

When Anderson went down wasn't too worried because I knew Bishop and Lehner could carry the load though.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
spader wrote:
Michallica wrote:Hands up who thought sens would win a round, let alone make the playoffs when Andy, Spezza, karlsson, Michalek all went down?? That's what I thought (except for spader)

Feels Cussing good. Take the rest, and bring on the penguins.

Told you not to worry. PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Sens @ Habs :: Game 5, Round 1 :: 7:00pm ET :: Thu. May. 9th, 2013 - Page 15 42833

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Sens @ Habs :: Game 5, Round 1 :: 7:00pm ET :: Thu. May. 9th, 2013 - Page 15 574714

I thought it was over when Karlsson went down then they lost to the Leafs 3-0 right away... season DONE.

Pretty much the entire hockey universe thought we were done at that point. It was a depressing couple of days...and then we just kept going. PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Sens @ Habs :: Game 5, Round 1 :: 7:00pm ET :: Thu. May. 9th, 2013 - Page 15 212915718

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:The unfortunate thing is that the Penguins have already discovered that Vokoun is a superior goalie to Fleury. Still, though, we have the Best Goalie on the Planet...and with him, we have a decent shot at beating anybody.

Vokoun doesn't scare anyone.

Matrix does well against his former tandem-mates. (ie. Budaj and him in Colo, Vokun and him in FLA)

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I thought we were done when Spezza and Karlsson went down for the season as well, plus Michalek with the bad knee.

As for Pittsburgh, they will be tougher to contain than Montreal, can Gryba level one of them in Game 1 to set the tone again ?

It seems like ever since Gryba hit Eller into next week, Montreal faltered a bit and weren't quite the same.

They scored NO goals in the 3rd. Either we played rope a dope with them for 2 periods and they wore themselves out by the 3rd or that's a leadership issue if they mailed it in that bad in the 3rd period.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch
Bryan Murray tells @TEAM1200Ottawa that Jason Spezza is skating with the Black Aces. #Sens

BOO-YAH !!!

Who do we take our from centre if he returns ? Pageau, Zib, Smith and Turris all doing fairly well at #C.

I guess Kassian would be taken out of the roster as well.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch
Bryan Murray tells @TEAM1200Ottawa that Jason Spezza is skating with the Black Aces. #Sens

BOO-YAH !!!

Who do we take our from centre if he returns ? Pageau, Zib, Smith and Turris all doing fairly well at #C.

I'd take my chances taking Michaelek out and letting someone else take a winger position.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:I thought we were done when Spezza and Karlsson went down for the season as well, plus Michalek with the bad knee.

As for Pittsburgh, they will be tougher to contain than Montreal, can Gryba level one of them in Game 1 to set the tone again ?

It seems like ever since Gryba hit Eller into next week, Montreal faltered a bit and weren't quite the same.

They scored NO goals in the 3rd. Either we played rope a dope with them for 2 periods and they wore themselves out by the 3rd or that's a leadership issue if they mailed it in that bad in the 3rd period.

I knew right there that was the series... Montreal had no way to respond and when ever the chips were down for them they couldn't respond.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Matrix will only get better. Goaltending is our edge. It's similar to Montreal except Pittsburgh is bigger and has way more offensive weapons. Anderson will need to steal a game or two or maybe the series.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

At one point we had the top five scoring rookies on the playoffs. Pretty damn impressive.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:I thought we were done when Spezza and Karlsson went down for the season as well, plus Michalek with the bad knee.

I knew right there that was the series... Montreal had no way to respond and when ever the chips were down for them they couldn't respond.

I admire the fact that Subban tried to take the team on his shoulders in response (to some degree), but man, that guy is a hothead. Decking Silf in the last couple minutes was a good example of how this guy boils over really easily. I get that he wants to fire up his team and he competes at a high level, but he has no control.

I really hope he doesn't win the Norris. I get why he's a finalist, but I hope others recognize that he isn't fully cooked yet.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote: Matrix will only get better. Goaltending is our edge. It's similar to Montreal except Pittsburgh is bigger and has way more offensive weapons. Anderson will need to steal a game or two or maybe the series.

Anderson has a .950SV% already, I can't imagine him being better than that.

Montreal never really made his job that hard, I don't recall them screening or crashing the crease very well at all after Game 2 especially. The team keeps most shots to the outside so he can see them and rebounds are few and far in between.

If we shut down Crosby and co. (we've done it before) then we have a shot at winning.
spader wrote:
I admire the fact that Subban tried to take the team on his shoulders in response (to some degree), but man, that guy is a hothead. Decking Silf in the last couple minutes was a good example of how this guy boils over really easily. I get that he wants to fire up his team and he competes at a high level, but he has no control.

I really hope he doesn't win the Norris. I get why he's a finalist, but I hope others recognize that he isn't fully cooked yet.

I really don't see him as a Norris winner. He strikes as a D-man in the vein of Phaneuf(better and more athletic but that style of D-man). Chris Philips has more even strength points than Subban. He has a killer shot which he uses very well on the PP but I recall him doing much 5on5. He is a hothead and goes for big hits(which he missed a lot of) but he was not a huge factor for Montreal(was their best player).

I don't get the feeling he plays the game with very much intelligence (nowhere near EK with whom he is constantly compared to).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch

BOO-YAH !!!

Maybe Spezza can play wing -- he's got a wicked shot.

Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Yes, they did show Therrien shake hands with PMac and yes, PK was in the handshake lineup.

I saw Subban stand at to the left -- looked like he was first through in the handshake line but I didn't see him actually shaking any hands. I'm sure he did -- if he didn't, it would be all over twitter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum