GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+18
ddt
Oglethorpe
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
Hoags
Bramlet07
PTFlea
wprager
LeCaptain
Number Twenty Nine
Ev
sandysensfan
spader
tim1_2
NEELY
shabbs
SensHulk
Flo The Action
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

46Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:16 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:This was a move that needed to be made. Phillips had to drop them on Friday, Weircioch last night, and lets not forget what happened to DD. As long as fighting is part of the game you need someone who can throw down and this guy absolutely can.

2 goals in 28 games for an enforcer isn't awful either. If you get 5 goals a year from a 4th liner that's decent.

Got both goals in the same game, too -- a prolific scorer, when the mood moves him Smile

47Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:21 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I cant believe he was a 2nd round pick.

48Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:22 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

"The Wild traded tough winger Matt Kassian to the Ottawa Senators this afternoon for a 2014 sixth-round pick.
Kassian, 26, a 2005 second-round pick who was signed to his first one-way contract last summer, scored two goals and amassed 67 penalty minutes in 26 games over parts of two seasons. He was scratched in every game this season before being placed on waivers Feb. 12. and eventually reassigned to Houston, so this gives him a chance to play.
I emailed with Senators GM Bryan Murray and Kassian will report directly to Ottawa."

49Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:23 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/136459733.html

50Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think carrying a goon around isn't something that Murray has a preference to do, like other GMs, but half way through the season it's clear that fights are up and Sens had lost too much toughness (Knopka, Carkner, and let's not forget Cowen). Plus with our top-line center down and Turris not stepping up, Murray now has Smith on the top line, so he can't lose him for 5 minutes.

P.S. Kassian doesn't wear a visor, so we'll save 12-14 minutes.

51Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:27 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I think carrying a goon around isn't something that Murray has a preference to do, like other GMs, but half way through the season it's clear that fights are up and Sens had lost too much toughness (Knopka, Carkner, and let's not forget Cowen). Plus with our top-line center down and Turris not stepping up, Murray now has Smith on the top line, so he can't lose him for 5 minutes.

I don't get it. scratch

52Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:28 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:I think carrying a goon around isn't something that Murray has a preference to do, like other GMs, but half way through the season it's clear that fights are up and Sens had lost too much toughness (Knopka, Carkner, and let's not forget Cowen). Plus with our top-line center down and Turris not stepping up, Murray now has Smith on the top line, so he can't lose him for 5 minutes.

I don't get it. scratch
Visor. Instigator. BigRig.

53Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:29 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah, really don't think they want Smith fighting at all.

54Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:29 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, spader, where have you been the last couple of games?

55Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:30 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:I cant believe he was a 2nd round pick.
They could have had Letang or Quick... heh.

56Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:34 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:
NEELY wrote:I cant believe he was a 2nd round pick.
They could have had Letang or Quick... heh.

Sadly Greening was the best Sens pick from that draft so Kassian in the 2nd round doesn't look that bad, haha.

57Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I dare say I would have preferred Parros.

EDIT: I hate this kind of player and this to me represents a waste of a roster spot, but with everyone being injured, I guess it doesn't matter.

58Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:38 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

On joining the Senators...

I'm just incredibly excited. It's going to be a great opportunity, it's a great organization in the country that I was born in and raised in so it's going to be exciting. I think Ottawa's a beautiful city and I've always loved the place. Both me and my fiancée are incredibly excited to be a part of this.

On joining the Sens as a Canadian...

You grow up being a fan of a Canadian team and being a Canadian kid the fan support there is absolutely phenomenal. You always love playing in Canada because those are always really exciting games to be a part of and now I'm going to be a part of a lot more of them and that's very exciting.

On new teammates he knows...

I've known Guillaume Latendresse for quite some time, we're pretty good friends actually from the few years he was with Minnesota and then Mike Lundin as well. I know a couple other guys as well. I know O.B. (Jim O'Brien) too just from skating this summer before the season started. I was just kind of texting back and forth with Gui and he was telling me about the guys and what good group it is and I know it's a younger group and a group I think there's a lot of things to be excited about. It's an organization that I think has a lot of things going for it and, like I said, I'm incredibly excited to be a part of it.

59Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:39 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:I dare say I would have preferred Parros.

EDIT: I hate this kind of player and this to me represents a waste of a roster spot, but with everyone being injured, I guess it doesn't matter.

Weircioch and Phillips both fought the last 2 games, you know that right?

60Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:

Meh...that's not gonna happen often.

61Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:57 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

It shouldn't happen ever, that's the point.

Kassian could fit in well with a young core of guys though, Parros is probably a little gray in terms of finding chemistry with this team. Kassian knows some of the guys, is around the same age, and is looking to solidify himself as a legit NHL player in one form or another. Probably a guy that will do whatever it takes, he has something to prove.

I like this move a lot because they will all play with their heads a little higher and takes some really tough minutes away from other guys. I wanted a move like this since that Toronto game where DD got knocked out.

62Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:02 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

not to mention that Kassian wouldnt have been on the ice to fight in their place. he'll be used in staged fights only, yay

63Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:05 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Kassian vs Konopka... hilarious...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum