GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+18
ddt
Oglethorpe
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
Hoags
Bramlet07
PTFlea
wprager
LeCaptain
Number Twenty Nine
Ev
sandysensfan
spader
tim1_2
NEELY
shabbs
SensHulk
Flo The Action
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

31Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:30 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Konopka can't really throw down with the big boys and he isn't the fastest guy in the world. Kassian is a guy that can knock out anyone in the NHL at any time and teams will have to take notice.

32Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:31 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Almost makes you wonder why we let Konopko go... not much more $$$, rules the face-off dot and is a good teammate.

Does this guy have significant potential? Or just a tough guy/fighter?

Konopka started to get a bad rep among the officials and we had enough penalties already. Konopka and Foligno out. Coincidence? I think not

33Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:35 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

uuurrgggghhhhh I thought we shoud of picked him off waivers too and said so on this board when he was put through.
I understand the waiver argument you make NEELY but this is a body we could of kept in as an extra forward when not needed instead of sending him to Bingo and I doubt we'd have plans for him in the organization past this bit. ok he's young and all but he's a UFA after next year.
I guess I'm one f those that was happy with Konopka even if he wasn't part of the line-up every night.

Obviously I'm not very familiar with this kid so who knows, maybe he's a keeper. maybe he'll bring "more" to the table.

Honestly I tried to make the argument that teams were taking liberties or at least didn't have that fear factor with our line-up this year. that was brushed aside on this board. Glad to see me and BM see eye to eye on this.
I'm not a fan of "the goon" role player but we don't have a heavy duty guy that can play good hockey right now. you do what you can with what's available.

34Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:37 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Also, going into next year you don't want guys taking shots at Karlsson, Spezza, and who ever else is a skilled guy that teams go after.
This was a concern of mine this year, wonder how close Cooke would of got to Karlsson if we'd have a konopka around(or someone else along the lines)

35Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:39 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yup, Ottawa needed to make a move and they did for some toughness. He's not going to be anything more than Colton Orr is to Toronto but there is someone on the other side to take care of Orr now.

Neil shouldn't have to fight every single battle, they clearly don't want Smith fighting many battles, and there just isn't anyone in the lineup that you can afford to lose for 5 mins at this point. This is the right move if for no other reason than guys like Orr, Thornton, and Scott are rendered useless... Ottawa's skill can now play the way they want.

36Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:39 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:
shabbs wrote:Almost makes you wonder why we let Konopko go... not much more $$$, rules the face-off dot and is a good teammate.

Does this guy have significant potential? Or just a tough guy/fighter?

Konopka started to get a bad rep among the officials and we had enough penalties already. Konopka and Foligno out. Coincidence? I think not
well c'mon, which tough guys have a "good rep" with officials? it's to be expected a little.
for Konopka understandable. Foligno, too many dumb penalties.

37Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:40 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Flo The Action wrote:
NEELY wrote:Also, going into next year you don't want guys taking shots at Karlsson, Spezza, and who ever else is a skilled guy that teams go after.
This was a concern of mine this year, wonder how close Cooke would of got to Karlsson if we'd have a konopka around(or someone else along the lines)

No one is scared of Konopka. He ties the guy up, gets a few in, fight over. Kassian will beat your face into the ice if need be.

Last edited by NEELY on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

38Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

all n all this has to be welcomed as good news. never mind who we would of rather brought in.
Now let's see what you can do KassayBoy'!

39Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:46 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

More importantly! He doesn't give a Dung.

Last edited by NEELY on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

40Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:47 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

apparently his first game will probably only after the Habs game... kinda sad, was hoping he'd manhandle a smurf or two...

Prust is out of the line-up do to injury. could of been something to see.

41Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:48 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Flo The Action wrote:apparently his first game will probably only after the Habs game... kinda sad, was hoping he'd manhandle a smurf or two...

Prust is out of the line-up do to injury. could of been something to see.

Those are the games he won't be playing in. They got Neil for guys like Prust.

42Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:53 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

No one is scared of Konopka. He ties the guy up, gets a few in, fight over. Kassian will beat your face into the ice if need be.

HOLY $H1T!!!!! That's can't feel good in the morning.

43Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:07 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Flo The Action wrote:
A lot of us had that concern going into this season. We lost a lot of grit and didn't really replace it. If Neil goes down, who else is there?

Seems like M. Kassian will be able to goon it up with the best. Thanks for the vids Neely. Wonder if he'll suit up tomorrow?

44Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:09 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Nah, I would guess against Buffalo on Sat.

45Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Why didn't Murray pick up this guy last month when he was 1/2 price through waivers?

He was playing in the AHL, so I assume last month he was not on re-entry waivers.

46Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:This was a move that needed to be made. Phillips had to drop them on Friday, Weircioch last night, and lets not forget what happened to DD. As long as fighting is part of the game you need someone who can throw down and this guy absolutely can.

2 goals in 28 games for an enforcer isn't awful either. If you get 5 goals a year from a 4th liner that's decent.

Got both goals in the same game, too -- a prolific scorer, when the mood moves him Smile

47Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:21 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I cant believe he was a 2nd round pick.

48Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:22 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

"The Wild traded tough winger Matt Kassian to the Ottawa Senators this afternoon for a 2014 sixth-round pick.
Kassian, 26, a 2005 second-round pick who was signed to his first one-way contract last summer, scored two goals and amassed 67 penalty minutes in 26 games over parts of two seasons. He was scratched in every game this season before being placed on waivers Feb. 12. and eventually reassigned to Houston, so this gives him a chance to play.
I emailed with Senators GM Bryan Murray and Kassian will report directly to Ottawa."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum