GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+18
ddt
Oglethorpe
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
Hoags
Bramlet07
PTFlea
wprager
LeCaptain
Number Twenty Nine
Ev
sandysensfan
spader
tim1_2
NEELY
shabbs
SensHulk
Flo The Action
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

511Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:19 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:Have the sens won any games Lundin has played in? Not blaming him but I just can't recall if they ever did.

They won against Buffalo and NJ in February with him in the lineup. They lost the other six. Dammit!

512Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:26 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Lundin is truly an awful NHL D man. He hasn't had any luck this year but there are about 10 guys better than him in the organization. He has no idea how to play in a run and gun system.

513Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:28 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:
NEELY wrote:Lee is awful.
He was awful for most of his Sens career... but I think he did start to show some signs of life when he took on the role of a shut down D man and abandoned the idea of being a puck mover. By then, it was too late, Sens had lost patience and he was gone. Clearly, he's gonna bounce around and fizzle out...

He definitely improved once he found an identity. I think his major problem is that he's perfectly suited to be a 7th D. Unfortunately, no one wants someone suited to be 7th, they want a 5/6 guy to be in that spot so that they don't lose a step when he draws into the lineup.

With our lack of depth (hah!) in RHS-D we could very easily use a 6/7 RHS-D.

514Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:31 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So... waive Lundin and pick up Lee?

Wink

515Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:34 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:
NEELY wrote:Lee is awful.
He was awful for most of his Sens career... but I think he did start to show some signs of life when he took on the role of a shut down D man and abandoned the idea of being a puck mover. By then, it was too late, Sens had lost patience and he was gone. Clearly, he's gonna bounce around and fizzle out...

He definitely improved once he found an identity. I think his major problem is that he's perfectly suited to be a 7th D. Unfortunately, no one wants someone suited to be 7th, they want a 5/6 guy to be in that spot so that they don't lose a step when he draws into the lineup.

With our lack of depth (hah!) in RHS-D we could very easily use a 6/7 RHS-D.

Fair enough. We probably could. My point is that he isn't really a 6/7 guy, he's a 7 guy. Shrug

516Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:36 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I watched Lundin trip and fall coming around his own net last night...and, well Facepalm

517Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:38 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I watched Lundin trip and fall coming around his own net last night...and, well Facepalm

Lundin isn't working out. I wonder if we could re-consider and keep young Philly for one more year?

518Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:44 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I watched Lundin trip and fall coming around his own net last night...and, well Facepalm

Lundin isn't working out. I wonder if we could re-consider and keep young Philly for one more year?

What's done is done. Big Rig is through.

519Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:57 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

For what it's worth, there was a stick in his skate.

520Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:27 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:
Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:
Wiercioch doesn't play the right side. We will likely re-sign Gonchar (he hasn't been booed all season). It's already been said (in another thread?) that Phillips will be the #7.

I can't see MacLean making a guy who wears an 'A' be a healthy scratch.

I'm talking about next year.

So he won't have the 'A' next year ? I can't see that happening either, he'll have it til he retires.

They may well decide to rotate like this year. Yes, I know why they're doing it this year. Bottom line is, you don't decide who sits and who plays based on a patch. If he's better than one of the guys who plays on the left, then he plays.

MacLean cares about the dressing room. Him making Phillips a healthy scratch would be like making Alfie a healthy scratch.

Philips has played well this year. I really don't see him a healthy scratch next year either.

We're not like the Leafs who had their A's last year(Armstrong and Komisarek) on the bench most of the year and their C is Neon Dion.

521Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:31 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That was spectacular. Even on the replay, I couldn't figure out how he did it.

522Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:32 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:
For what it's worth, there was a stick in his skate.
His own?

523Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:38 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I watched the replay a few times...I think Lundin might've been trying to draw a penalty, but the opposing player's stick in no way tripped him up. It was a bad sell-job, or just clumsiness.

524Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:42 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:I watched the replay a few times...I think Lundin might've been trying to draw a penalty, but the opposing player's stick in no way tripped him up. It was a bad sell-job, or just clumsiness.

It may have been, but it looked to me like the stick just disrupted his stride. I think it just looked super awkward, but I think he got tripped.

That's not to say he doesn't suck. He does. Hard.

525Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:14 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gotta get a gif of that.... to NHL Game Center Live!!!!!

526Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not a fan personally, although he had a decent game vs Boston. That's where I think we'll be using prospects for a while if there are injuries. Wideman, Ceci, guys who we assume will be okay defensively, but will add an element that Lundin just can't - offense or the transition from D to O.

527Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:00 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Philly 3rd plus Read for Bishop is something I could see getting done as well. Remember, Ottawa is in a position of strength, they don't have to do a thing if they don't want to. Philly needs a goaltender and they need to move some forwards.

That is a deal I would be down with. At least there is some upside with Read. Fedetenko, meh, I don't deny what you're saying, it's just that he's so patently a 3rd line grinder kind of guy.

528Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:03 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:So... waive Lundin and pick up Lee?

Wink

Actually, that I could live with.

I remember the day we signed Lundin, and I was like "WTF??" for days afterwards. That move didn't make sense then, and it still doesn't make sense.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum