GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+18
ddt
Oglethorpe
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
Hoags
Bramlet07
PTFlea
wprager
LeCaptain
Number Twenty Nine
Ev
sandysensfan
spader
tim1_2
NEELY
shabbs
SensHulk
Flo The Action
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

16Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:33 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heh.

6th rounder.

FREE.

17Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:35 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Too bad it wasn't Zack. Wink

18Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:39 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Our PK better brush up...

PIM machine.

19Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:44 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Great move. Gave up nothing to get him and he's actually a guy with the right coaching who can probably take somewhat of a regular shift. This is a very low risk, low reward move for a guy that should be in the NHL. He got lost in numbers in Minny.

20Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:46 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Bingo's PK better brush up...

PIM machine.

Fixed

21Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:47 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Why didn't Murray pick up this guy last month when he was 1/2 price through waivers?

22Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:48 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Good for the Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Wiercioch etc. Team clearly needed a bodyguard it seems.

23Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:49 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Why didn't Murray pick up this guy last month when he was 1/2 price through waivers?

It was probably decided after Philips and Wiercioch had 19 mins of penalty each in back to back games

24Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:51 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Why didn't Murray pick up this guy last month when he was 1/2 price through waivers?

Because then he has to stay on an active NHL roster. It bugs the hell out of me when people say this because picking a guy up on waivers isn't always the smart thing. Now he can move him down to Bingo if need be, gives the Sens some more muscle, and there is no risk losing him on waivers.

25Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:57 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

It bugs me that people say that our next captain or our best goalie should be traded, but I don't lose any sleep over it Shrug

http://kassassin.com/

Should be entertaining......

26Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:07 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

This was a move that needed to be made. Phillips had to drop them on Friday, Weircioch last night, and lets not forget what happened to DD. As long as fighting is part of the game you need someone who can throw down and this guy absolutely can.

2 goals in 28 games for an enforcer isn't awful either. If you get 5 goals a year from a 4th liner that's decent.

27Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:22 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Almost makes you wonder why we let Konopko go... not much more $$$, rules the face-off dot and is a good teammate.

Does this guy have significant potential? Or just a tough guy/fighter?

28Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:24 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:Almost makes you wonder why we let Konopko go... not much more $$$, rules the face-off dot and is a good teammate.

Naw, he's Colton Orr but maybe MacLean can get a little more out of him. He will come in and out of the lineup as needed and fills a role and does a job that Ottawa's better players are not forced to do.

29Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:26 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Also, going into next year you don't want guys taking shots at Karlsson, Spezza, and who ever else is a skilled guy that teams go after.

30Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:26 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Almost makes you wonder why we let Konopko go... not much more $$$, rules the face-off dot and is a good teammate.

big +1 on that one. Although "Z" is more of a poo disturber than a fighter.

Seems like Kassian is a colourful character too - not seen since Ruutu.

We've been passed around like the prison biotch, so this should go a long way in correcting that.

31Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:30 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Konopka can't really throw down with the big boys and he isn't the fastest guy in the world. Kassian is a guy that can knock out anyone in the NHL at any time and teams will have to take notice.

32Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:31 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Konopka started to get a bad rep among the officials and we had enough penalties already. Konopka and Foligno out. Coincidence? I think not

33Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:35 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

uuurrgggghhhhh I thought we shoud of picked him off waivers too and said so on this board when he was put through.
I understand the waiver argument you make NEELY but this is a body we could of kept in as an extra forward when not needed instead of sending him to Bingo and I doubt we'd have plans for him in the organization past this bit. ok he's young and all but he's a UFA after next year.
I guess I'm one f those that was happy with Konopka even if he wasn't part of the line-up every night.

Obviously I'm not very familiar with this kid so who knows, maybe he's a keeper. maybe he'll bring "more" to the table.

Honestly I tried to make the argument that teams were taking liberties or at least didn't have that fear factor with our line-up this year. that was brushed aside on this board. Glad to see me and BM see eye to eye on this.
I'm not a fan of "the goon" role player but we don't have a heavy duty guy that can play good hockey right now. you do what you can with what's available.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum