GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Wed. Mar. 6th, 2013

+11
rooneypoo
wprager
SensHulk
tim1_2
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Hoags
Bramlet07
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 14]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I hope Reimer starts for Toronto.
Reimer has the last two wins... would be shocked if he did not get the start today.

They play Boston tomorrow.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:
shabbs wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I hope Reimer starts for Toronto.
Reimer has the last two wins... would be shocked if he did not get the start today.

They play Boston tomorrow.
Ahhh... good point. They may want Reimer tomorrow vs Boston.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

I wonder if Stone will play, Richardson was raving about him on the radio.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:I wonder if Stone will play, Richardson was raving about him on the radio.

The team is starved for offense. If they think he can add anything, he'll play. With the goaltending we've had the team should be right behind Chicago right now with normal scoring output.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Don't see why Stone wouldn't be playing right now either, they need offense and he provides it with soft hands and greesey goals.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes, I believe Stone is pretty much guaranteed to be in the lineup. He's a point-per-game NHLer!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Reimer gets the start... via Jonas Seigel:

"Third straight start tonight for James Reimer with Senators in town."

https://twitter.com/jonasTSN1050/status/309325409252691969

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Big game... a point would be nice, a win would be great. Not getting into the must wins yet, don't think it's close yet but avoiding a 4 game skid would be big.

Bishop needs to be great tonight.

Lots of teams lately are losing. The Devils are in a free fall -- they've won just twice in the last 10. The Rangers lost Marc Staal last night so they'll have a tougher time going forward. Philly is getting solid goaltending and have tons of scoring depth -- yet they are 5-5-0 in their last 10. Must be Laviolette or special teams. Of the teams below us the only one making a surge is Washington (7-3 in their last 10). But they are so far behind that at this point I don't care. Plus Carolina's limo ride to the ball is about to turn into a pumpkin and some mice so, if anything, Washington catches them for the SE lead, but by then Carolina should be as far behind us as they are now, if not farther.

Plus the Habs got embarrased by the Islanders and the Bruins have lost two straight. Good times!

Now, if we can get 2 points tonight that would be "Great times".

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't like much about Philly. Their D is beyond suspect - and now Grossman has gone down. Bryz isn't good enough to carry the load with a patchwork D. Sometimes you HAVE to home grow your players so they play together from the AHL to the NHL and have a smooth transition - like we did for the most part. MacLean and Richardson apparently have an excellent line of communication and Richardson knows Mac's system to a T. In Philly you get the sens that Holmgren is just acquiring players he thinks are good and tossing them into the mix. I'll admit that I used to think that way, I wanted to acquire all solid players and lump them into our lineup and see what happens, but that's clearly not the way to build a winner.

We'll see what happens there, but I would be more surprised if they made the playoffs than if they missed.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Philly's defense is awful ever since Pronger went down. I've read that Laviolette doesn't really have a system, it's pretty much a free for all out there.

Devils are bad ever since Brodeur got hurt and Hedberg is awful now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A new coach in Philly is pretty much a given at this point. And an amnesty buyout of Bryz - and the firing of Holmgren. It's just not good enough if I was owner, but hey, if they like mediocrity in Philly, go for it.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I think most teams will let the year play out, make choices in the offseason, and you will see a lot of action leading up to the draft to try and clear salaries that no one wants or they can't afford to have.

This puts the Sens in a really good position if teams are looking to make moves because the Sens can take on basically any cap hit going forward although actual cash might be the sticking point.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No Frattin tonight. Reimer starts for the Leafs.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lines from BooBoo:

Michalek-Turris-Alfredsson
Dizzy-Zibanejad-Condra
Greening-Smith-Neil
Silfverberg-Regin-Stone

Daug and JOB may be the unlucky ones...

On D:

Methot-Gryba
Wiercioch-Gonchar
Benoit-Phillips

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The line of Silfverberg-Regin-Stone will be good for at least one goal tonight...BOOK IT! That should also be a forward group on the PP.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Heh Silf on the 4th line.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Heh Silf on the 4th line.

Doesn't matter where you start, it's where you finish. Mac rewards good play, so if they have a few decent shifts to kick things off, they could see the most ice time.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:Heh Silf on the 4th line.

No where do I see that stated as the 4th line.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum