GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Wed. Mar. 6th, 2013

+11
rooneypoo
wprager
SensHulk
tim1_2
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Hoags
Bramlet07
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 14]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Man, all the radio talk in Toronto has been about the Dizzy fight. Talk of could this be a career ending event for him? What his state of mind will be? Will he ever recover from this.... jeez.... give it a rest. Ugly fight, hopefully he's ok and learns from it.

I had the misfortune of hearing some fool on TSN 1050 predict that Ottawa wouldn't make the playoffs yesterday. Jonas Siegel I think it was.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote:Man, all the radio talk in Toronto has been about the Dizzy fight. Talk of could this be a career ending event for him? What his state of mind will be? Will he ever recover from this.... jeez.... give it a rest. Ugly fight, hopefully he's ok and learns from it.

No mention of Neil fighting Orr ? Saw one guy in Toronto blaming the whole thing on MacLean having DD out there against McLaren, because you know we have last change and all ....
No mention of Neil/Orr. Was there chatter during the warm up? 26 seconds in, this was clearly staged. Wonder if MacLean was in the know... or even Carlyle. How many times has McLaren been in the starting lineup?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I had the misfortune of hearing some fool on TSN 1050 predict that Ottawa wouldn't make the playoffs yesterday. Jonas Siegel I think it was.

Good. These 'experts' are wrong more than they're right.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

How quick they are to forget. Shayne Corson, in his rookie year, had his jaw broken and missed 2 months. Mind you, that was his 16th fight of the season (and it was only mid-January); plus he fought teammate Kordic to get it all started -- that's what got him a spot in the roster). Anyhow, he went on to have a pretty decent career.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:there's a strong positive correlation between wins and number of Ontario players in the lineup. That's 100% the reason the Sens are losing right now.

Ontario players:

Chris Neil
Andre Benoit
Marc Methot

Not even close to enough ONtario players on this roster, especially at forward. You need tough Ontario guys to win these days. That's a fact.

I'm gonna go ahead and hope that you're channelling Cherry or something. Otherwise, Facepalm .

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:No mention of Neil/Orr. Was there chatter during the warm up? 26 seconds in, this was clearly staged. Wonder if MacLean was in the know... or even Carlyle. How many times has McLaren been in the starting lineup?

It was staged. McLaren said he asked DD to fight, he initially refused but then dropped the gloves.

Carlyle throws out his thugs regularily. Orr was playing with Kadri for a while and McLaren is a regular as well. They try and start stuff to gain momentum, that's Carlyle's strategy, Habs got into it with them and got blown out as well. I am surprised we fell for it.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

f the laffs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:f the laffs.

Bs will f m.

Sponsored content