GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
LeCaptain
spader
sandysensfan
rooneypoo
tim1_2
wprager
Flo The Action
Ev
PTFlea
NEELY
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

31Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:05 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Alfi will 100% be on that Swedish Olympic team. They don't have 12 players that are better than him not to mention the experience he would bring.

Depends on who the GM is. They could decide to fill out the roster with youth. Here's the list of Swedish right wingers playing in the NHL now:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/playersearch.htm?adv=true&position=R&country=SWE&tm=&season=20122013#?navid=nav-ply-search

I'm not saying there are 4 in that list better than Alfie, but we are talking about a year from now. There are many other Swedes who could provide veteran leadership who will not be 41. Alfie is the league's longest current serving Captain so that's not nothing, but like I said, if the GM decides to go with youth, you never know.

32Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:46 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pierre Lebrun started the fire last night around The Alfie. The media is creating a story just based around his contract situation.

The conversation will go like this:

Bryan Murray: "Hey Alfie, do you want to be traded to a contender?"

The Alfie: "Nah, I'm good."

Bryan Murray: "Alright, talk to you later."

33Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:29 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The media must be getting bored... this is what happens when the Leafs are winning. Heh heh.

34Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:35 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:The media must be getting bored... this is what happens when the Leafs are winning. Heh heh.

Darren Dreger also had brilliant insight like "San Jose is looking to trade. Joe Thornton's name has been tossed around, but that will never happen." Insightful!

35Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:38 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:The media must be getting bored... this is what happens when the Leafs are winning. Heh heh.

Darren Dreger also had brilliant insight like "San Jose is looking to trade. Joe Thornton's name has been tossed around, but that will never happen." Insightful!

Probably the most legitimate rumours out there involve the mighty Senators and Avs and the Isles too. I watched Visnovsky pretty closely and he can sure rush up ice and handle the puck.

36Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:21 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Probably the most legitimate rumours out there involve the mighty Senators and Avs and the Isles too. I watched Visnovsky pretty closely and he can sure rush up ice and handle the puck.

Always liked Visnovsky's game, he would be a nice fit here. Streit is an incredible puck mover though, wow, watching him last night was mesmorizing.

Tavares is also elite. Everything he touched turned into a chance.

37Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:31 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Visnovsky is too old for my liking. Kinda like Gonchar at this point...just doesn't fit in the future. If we're making a run next year, sure bring him in for a year.

38Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:43 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Visnovsky is too old for my liking. Kinda like Gonchar at this point...just doesn't fit in the future. If we're making a run next year, sure bring him in for a year.

I hate to be too optimistic, but why wouldn't we be making a run next year?

39Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:03 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Visnovsky is too old for my liking. Kinda like Gonchar at this point...just doesn't fit in the future. If we're making a run next year, sure bring him in for a year.

We'll certainly be making a run if things don't go ridiculously off the rails like this year.

I'm sure Vis will be considered with other options. He might want a multi-year deal though, and I wouldn't want to do that.

40Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:05 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Visnovsky would be a perfect one year deal next year. That's exactly the type of signing you want to make.

41Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:07 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

We'll certainly be making a run if things don't go ridiculously off the rails like this year.

I'm sure Vis will be considered with other options. He might want a multi-year deal though, and I wouldn't want to do that.

If you could get him off the island for cheap right now, he's a guy that adds some weight to your third pairing and a stunning player on the PP. He's a little baby for what he did to the Isles, but I can look away from that.

Those are the kind of players the Sens should be looking at. Nothing super expensive, nothing too long term, but quality players than can help a little for us to score some goals.

42Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:09 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There will be other teams sniffing around Vis, and I bet someone gives him a multi-year deal. Kinda like how we had to give the Gonch a 3rd year to entice him to our team.

43Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:12 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

In other news, will Bryan Murray be jailed for stealing Marc Methot?

44Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:16 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Methot was always good, he just played in a media void on a terrible team.

Plus, he's now motivated by playing for real fans in a real market. Yeah, we stole him, because other GMs don't do their homework like the Murrays do.

45Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:18 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Methot was always good, he just played in a media void on a terrible team.

Plus, he's now motivated by playing for real fans in a real market. Yeah, we stole him, because other GMs don't do their homework like the Murrays do.

Sure they do. I think this is a direct result of Murray always wanting him and having such long trade talks for Nash that they hammered this out on the side. GMs do their homework or they get fired IMO. Very few don't do their diligence.

46Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:20 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, apparently Methot was being asked to be included in the Nash trade. And then we'd be sending back Foligno, Z-Bad, Butler, Lehner, and a 1st.

47Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:22 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, apparently Methot was being asked to be included in the Nash trade. And then we'd be sending back Foligno, Z-Bad, Butler, Lehner, and a 1st.

Lehner though...would make me so sad. Everything else is no problem. I remember reading those rumours and shivering. Yes, Nash would be sick here and obviously Methot is amazing, but Lehner is the Golden Child.

48Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:27 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, you gotta give to get as the old saying goes. I'm not 100% sold on Rick Nash, so I'm glad we didn't make that trade. Lehner could be our #1 goalie for 15 years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum