GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
LeCaptain
spader
sandysensfan
rooneypoo
tim1_2
wprager
Flo The Action
Ev
PTFlea
NEELY
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

16Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:43 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Ev wrote:nobody wants Louie Cussing Caporusso

It's not like we're getting Shea Weber here. It's about Tampa moving out a guy they're not using and taking a flyer on a young player.

Nobody wants to take a flyer on a guy who's in the ECHL, lol.

17Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:44 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
NEELY wrote:Seeing Alfi in anything but a Sens jersey is wrong. It won't happen especially considering he still seems to have gas left in the tank. He's still a very good player and he if he feels as good as he looks out there right now he will come back for 1 last kick.

There is a lot of optimism for next year and the Sens making a run.
personally I find it really hard to believe that they would trade him, he'd have to be ok with it and think that it would be his last season and frankly I thin he'll wait till the off season to make that call.
I would cheer him on tho if he did move.would be amazing to see him lift the cup.

plus could we could possibly re-sign him in the summer? Sarcasm

I'm hoping they just hammer it out sooner and avoid any distraction. He's re-signing for another year, there's zero doubt in my mind. First, he's still got it. Second, the Olympics with Karlsson, Lundqvist, Zetterberg etc. etc etc. It's a no-brainer, sign him to a 1 year, 5 million extension and call it a day.

18Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:45 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

It's not like we're getting Shea Weber here. It's about Tampa moving out a guy they're not using and taking a flyer on a young player.
I don't always tend to agree with Ev but i think he's got a point. Louie isn't probably worth a 7th round pick. at least a 7th has a chance to actually make the NHL. you might, MIGHT see a guy like cowick having some trade value but really every team has those players. Petersson is where you start having prospects starting to have some value.

19Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Nobody wants to take a flyer on a guy who's in the ECHL, lol.

Meh, he's had enormous success at the ECHL level and hasn't really had his cup of coffee in the AHL yet. The main point of my post was that I really don't want to pay much at all. Like....nothing.

20Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:47 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
NEELY wrote:Seeing Alfi in anything but a Sens jersey is wrong. It won't happen especially considering he still seems to have gas left in the tank. He's still a very good player and he if he feels as good as he looks out there right now he will come back for 1 last kick.

personally I find it really hard to believe that they would trade him, he'd have to be ok with it and think that it would be his last season and frankly I thin he'll wait till the off season to make that call.
I would cheer him on tho if he did move.would be amazing to see him lift the cup.

I'm hoping they just hammer it out sooner and avoid any distraction. He's re-signing for another year, there's zero doubt in my mind. First, he's still got it. Second, the Olympics with Karlsson, Lundqvist, Zetterberg etc. etc etc. It's a no-brainer, sign him to a 1 year, 5 million extension and call it a day.
I don't want to sound pessimistic but I'm not even sure he makes the Olympic team.
I wouldn't bet money on him returning. that's the fan in you hoping I think.
I'll say it's more like 60/40 or 70/30. and that's nothing happens to his health in the remaining games

21Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:49 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Alfi will 100% be on that Swedish Olympic team. They don't have 12 players that are better than him not to mention the experience he would bring.

22Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I don't want to sound pessimistic but I'm not even sure he makes the Olympic team.
I'll say it's more like 60/40 or 70/30. and that's nothing happens to his health in the remaining games

I'm close to positive he'll be returning. He'd be on that team easily and he's got more left. Perfect combination (for us too).

23Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:56 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I'm close to positive he'll be returning. He'd be on that team easily and he's got more left. Perfect combination (for us too).
well I hope you're right, I hope you're right... Dung season to go out on.

24Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:02 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

steve simmons ‏@simmonssteve
Strange: The Avalanche haven't told GMs what the price is for Ryan O'Reilly. They're saying: Make an offer. Most GMs are puzzled by this.

25Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:04 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Doesn't sound like Colorado is in a rush nor should they be.

26Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:05 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's an odd tactic to take, but I assume our offer of Zibanejad + Wiercioch + 2014 2nd is on the table.

27Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:06 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Sherman wants to hit a home run and is waiting for some desperate team to overpay.

When's the deadline for when RoR has to sign before he's no longer eligible to play this season ? That would be the deadline, same as it was with Turris.

SpezDispenser wrote:That's an odd tactic to take, but I assume our offer of Zibanejad + Wiercioch + 2014 2nd is on the table.

That's probably our offer(minus the draft pick, I think Murray would add it if necessary but you never make your best offer til the end), Sherman is probably looking to see what else is out there.

28Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:27 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:That's an odd tactic to take, but I assume our offer of Zibanejad + Wiercioch + 2014 2nd is on the table.

why are you just making up offers and saying they're on the table? WTF?

29Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:32 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:

why are you just making up offers and saying they're on the table? WTF?

Because that's my guess? Hence the 'i assume' part.

30Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:03 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Colorado needs a D man badly and the best piece Ottawa has to offer is Zibanejad so it makes sense if that is what they are offering but no one knows for certain.

The thing is Colorado is looking for a more established D man and one that can help in a big way right now... problem is no one gives up those guys because every single team needs them.

I'm not sure what Sherman's end game is but I don't think he is in a rush to move ROR, why would he be? Yah, they need some help now but Colorado isn't going to make the playoffs and making a bad trade and looking weak isn't the best idea.

If I'm Murray, I pull the trigger on the deal and perhaps take O'Brien back for some depth but 2 mil next year for a #7 plug is a lot. Maybe adds a bit of toughness and a borderline heavy weight but probably not the best financial move.

31Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:05 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Alfi will 100% be on that Swedish Olympic team. They don't have 12 players that are better than him not to mention the experience he would bring.

Depends on who the GM is. They could decide to fill out the roster with youth. Here's the list of Swedish right wingers playing in the NHL now:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/playersearch.htm?adv=true&position=R&country=SWE&tm=&season=20122013#?navid=nav-ply-search

I'm not saying there are 4 in that list better than Alfie, but we are talking about a year from now. There are many other Swedes who could provide veteran leadership who will not be 41. Alfie is the league's longest current serving Captain so that's not nothing, but like I said, if the GM decides to go with youth, you never know.

32Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:46 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pierre Lebrun started the fire last night around The Alfie. The media is creating a story just based around his contract situation.

The conversation will go like this:

Bryan Murray: "Hey Alfie, do you want to be traded to a contender?"

The Alfie: "Nah, I'm good."

Bryan Murray: "Alright, talk to you later."

33Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:29 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The media must be getting bored... this is what happens when the Leafs are winning. Heh heh.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum