GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Feb. 23rd, 2013

+14
sandysensfan
spader
Cap'n Clutch
Hobiesens
PTFlea
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
wprager
NEELY
SensHulk
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hoags
shabbs
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 14]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Where would we be if we had our full roster ?

Bishop scares me in there. Lehner please.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

OK, so the team starts off losing their top shutdown D-man, then the league's 4th top scorer, the reigning Norris winner, a 35-goal man and the leading Vezina candidate. And they win. Again. 4 - 1 - 0.

MacLean for the Adams?

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Season high 4th straight win, done without Spezza, Michalek, karlsson, Andy....man setting themselves up nicely.

11-6-2

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Oh, Gryba great again. He's in the NHL to stay.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The entire D played solid tonight... all around great effort.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:Where would we be if we had our full roster ?

Bishop scares me in there. Lehner please.

I think they are playing better hockey with all the injuries. It's not going to last, of course. They need the veterans to step in because the kids cannot continue to like this. Turris is not exactly a veteran but, hey, he *is* the 2LC and he needs to start scoring. Gonchar needs to do more than pass the puck on the PP -- he's not shooting as much as he needs to do. Phillips has to become more assertive. Neil has to play like he played tonight (well, except for the penalty) -- it's the first time in quite a few games he's brought that.

I thought Bishop was fine. He made some really nice saves. First goal went in off Gonchar (I think) and the second one was a mad scramble in the crease.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Gryba has dominated Kovalchuk, Tavares, Gaborik and VanRiemsdyk in one week Naughty

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:Bishop scares me in there. Lehner please.
Have we been spoiled by Anderson? I thought Bishop was OK. Kept them in the game when needed. Did enough to get the win.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeKing wrote:Gryba has dominated Kovalchuk, Tavares, Gaborik and VanRiemsdyk in one week Naughty

He's unbelievable. There is no way he is anywhere next year except in the NHL. He's found gold.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Feb. 23rd, 2013 - Page 10 ZackSmithLunge

Kadri such a tough guy lol

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Best part of that game aside form Greening's goal.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Feb. 23rd, 2013 - Page 10 ZackSmithLunge

Kadri such a tough guy lol
This is so much WIN it's not funny.

ZSmith = WIN!

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

They have 3 rookies on D... two with about 23 game experience and 1 has played 5 NHL games. Amazing.

Then not too much NHL experience in goal either.

Add to that 4 young forwards who between them haven't played 30 NHL games.

Kudos to McLean and his staff and to those players who get it done.

I hope as the injured players start getting back in the lineup... they continue with the foot on the pedal.

Monday's game will be tough. The Habs are playing very well.. Going to the game.. hoping for another win.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow. Amazing win! Go zbad

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:Gryba has dominated Kovalchuk, Tavares, Gaborik and VanRiemsdyk in one week Naughty

Pretty amazing. He's playing top-pairing minutes -- 2nd only behind Methot.

Is anyone else getting the old Bingo Calder Cup vibe? In Bingo they were decimated by injuries on the back-end; here it is more evenly spread out, but still. Finding ways to win. Tell you what -- the Habs will roll into town thinking they are the cat's meow. I'm hoping they sell the Sens short. We absolutely have to have Lehner shut the door and steal one Monday.

We've now outplayed the Leafs twice, IMO. We can beat them. We can beat the Sabres, too (who couldn't). We need to show we can beat Price. Not worried too much about Boston. With the way the South East is going, and also Philly in the Atlantic, we should have three teams from the NE in a playoff spot, if not 4. So keep ahead of Buffalo and one of the Leafs and Habs and we should be fine.

Still think we need to fill a spot or two up-front. Michalek and Regin should be back soon but neither one can be expected to fill the #2LC role. A veteran like Arnott could come in real handy to teach the kids and let them have a breather once in a while.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Totally getting the Calder Cup vibe, yeah.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nice faceoff win on the winner by Mika.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Better check with Ev before you give Gryba accolades.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum