GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Feb. 23rd, 2013

+14
sandysensfan
spader
Cap'n Clutch
Hobiesens
PTFlea
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
wprager
NEELY
SensHulk
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hoags
shabbs
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 14]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:I hope Bishop has a good game. I would've started Lehner given how he stepped in in the exact same situation last year and pitched a shutout. But it's hard to argue against Bishop, other than the fact that he wasn't incredibly sharp when he came in in the 3rd period last game. We'll see...again, I defer to the 'stache. I questioned keeping JOB out of the lineup, and that worked just fine in both instances.

We'll need Lehner against Price and the Habs more than against Scrivens and the Lupul-less Leafs.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:Sounds like there's going to be a huge number of leafs fans in attendance tonight. Another failure on the part of sens marketing and sales but at least they tried something....

Not like it worked against the habs. Something about sens unable to best the leafs at home, they definitely get flustered hearing the boos at home

The only solution is to buy tickets ourselves. Sens fans have started shying away from these games. There is nothing to be done other than buy tickets. As of yesterday, there were still tickets for sale. So instead of whining about it (which I'm sick of), all Sens fans need to do is fork over some cash.

Another solution is to put a restriction on that if you live in area code 416/905 or postal code beginning with M or L you can't buy tickets to Leafs games in Ottawa.

There are bus loads -- lots of bus loads coming from Toronto. The insistence by CBC to have these losers on every Saturday night is the reason so many Leaf fans... EVERY Leaf game in Ottawa is on a Saturday...

Bramlet07

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Big opportunity for the team, as well. With a win (ROW) against the Leafs they will leap-frog both the Leafs and Bruins (WTH, they have 4 games in hand and aren't even playing tonight?) and will have the tie-breaker against the Leafs.

I know Boston had 1 game cancelled/postponed because of a storm but ya thats alot of games in hand

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

sandysensfan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:Sounds like there's going to be a huge number of leafs fans in attendance tonight. Another failure on the part of sens marketing and sales but at least they tried something....

Not like it worked against the habs. Something about sens unable to best the leafs at home, they definitely get flustered hearing the boos at home

The only solution is to buy tickets ourselves. Sens fans have started shying away from these games. There is nothing to be done other than buy tickets. As of yesterday, there were still tickets for sale. So instead of whining about it (which I'm sick of), all Sens fans need to do is fork over some cash.

Another solution is to put a restriction on that if you live in area code 416/905 or postal code beginning with M or L you can't buy tickets to Leafs games in Ottawa.

There are bus loads -- lots of bus loads coming from Toronto. The insistence by CBC to have these losers on every Saturday night is the reason so many Leaf fans... EVERY Leaf game in Ottawa is on a Saturday...

thats good for me as a sens fan in leaf country with just basic cable

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Who's coming out? Just Da Costa?

You know he was sent to Binghamton to make room for the Lehner call-up. Right?

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

We were going to the Isles game the other night on a shuttle bus from a restaurant.

There was a Leaf fan on the bus... loud, ignorant, arrogant and every thing else a Leaf fan is. The language coming out of him was just awful.. especially with children on the bus.

The bus driver was ready to turn around and back to the restaurant because of this 1 guy.

BTW -- he was pretty quiet on the way back from the game... because the Sens won.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:

I'm usually there for each leafs game but I promised myself I wasn't buying any tickets this season. But yeah our fans need to step up a little more. Might get ugly tonight

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

its not like we can't outnumber them....how did we do it during all star weekend? Senators got it right, they have to get prevent the temptation to give away their tickets

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heh. No surprise this will backfire. It gave them additional incentive to go to the game.

The only way to have the last laugh is to win the game.

GO SENS GO!!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:We were going to the Isles game the other night on a shuttle bus from a restaurant.

There was a Leaf fan on the bus... loud, ignorant, arrogant and every thing else a Leaf fan is. The language coming out of him was just awful.. especially with children on the bus.

The bus driver was ready to turn around and back to the restaurant because of this 1 guy.

BTW -- he was pretty quiet on the way back from the game... because the Sens won.

That's terrible. The bus driver should have turfed him out - I would have 100% complained if I were you.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:

Heh. No surprise this will backfire. It gave them additional incentive to go to the game.

GO SENS GO!!!

And also injure multiple Leafs. Real permanent-like.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:

Ask a skill testing question at the door.

2013 - 1967 = ?

I think that's beyond the mental capacity of the average Leafs fan.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Ask a skill testing question at the door.

2013 - 1967 = ?

I think that's beyond the mental capacity of the average Leafs fan.

How many would answer "Dougie?"

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

CBC said when Gonchar started playing professional hockey, 5 players on our team were not born yet Laugh1

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Slater: Lineup sheets are out - Mike Lundin is out, Andre Benoit is in.

Nice.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Are Lundin's days here numbered?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lundin has the flu apparently.

Bramlet07