GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2013 NHL Draft Thread

+8
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
wprager
tim1_2
NEELY
LeCaptain
Ev
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

612013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:59 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

We need a forward. Jones would be sick, but I'd rather have 2 sick skilled players on the ice at the same time and that would be Karlsson + forward. We have great goaltending. Let's just have a great power play, that would win 90% of the games.
The plays that Karlsson makes that end up disappearing like a fart in winter because the forward can't do Dung is starting to irritate me.

622013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:00 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

don't want Drouin

632013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:03 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

You're entitled to your opinion but that's probably not based on anything on the ice Laugh1

642013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:15 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but that's probably not based on anything on the ice Laugh1

Easy for him to dominate the Q. Like Huberdeau.

652013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:23 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

but you know they're going to pick Monahan regardless...Dung

662013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:25 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

He still looked pretty good in international tournaments from what I've read from scouts. McKinnon is on the same team I don't know why Drouin is the only one you point out.
Huberdeau is looking good btw. Even then, just going by stats, Drouin is going at over 2.0 PPG, Huberdeau was around 1.6 in his draft year. Both are/were on powerhouse teams.

672013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:27 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:but you know they're going to pick Monahan regardless...Dung

If it's a top 3 pick, not a chance.

682013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:30 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

you know their hard-on for local ties...

also, Sarcasm

692013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:44 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I'll allow myself to dream about Jones or Drouin or Mackinnon in Sens colours.

Preferably Drouin at this point - although there's clearly nothing wrong with the other two.

Skill please...and if not, the destroyer on the back end to finish that particular puzzle.

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Jones
Phillips - Gryba/Boro/Wiercioch/Benoit/whatever

Yes please.

Ceci?

702013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:44 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

2013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 5 I_aint_even_mad_493_You_mad_Bro-s485x364-193971-580

712013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:51 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
Ceci?

Ceci is probably a year or two away at least.

The job is Gryba's to lose at this point.

722013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:19 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:

First, I doubt we're dropping that low unless Anderson gets traded. Too many other teams really struggling, and most of them haven't been hit with significant injuries.

Monahan wouldn't be a bad choice, but I'd prefer someone more NHL-ready Although he is nearly a year younger, Barkov has been playing in a pro men's league and I'd read how he may be the most NHL ready in the draft. Hyperbole, perhaps, but you cant argue with facts: same height, but a about 30 lbs heavier -- I like that. And despite his last name, he plays for Finland (holds dual citizenship but played for Finland in international competitions). Recall that Finland has the hybrid ice -- wider than NHL but not as wide as the international ice in the SEL. Perhaps the level of competition he plays against is why he is ranked lower. He's also said to be below-average in skating. Well, a 17-year old tipping the scales at 205 may mean his muscles haven't caught up to his size, yet. He'll have another year of growing into his body.

732013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:31 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
spader wrote:
Ceci?

Cowen skipped the AHL, except for the playoffs. And that's with missing a year of his development due to injury. Why do you think Ceci would need "at least a year or two"? We've had the likes of Phillips and Borowiecki playing their wrong-side; how ludicrous is it to assume that Ceic, playing his right side, wouldn't do any worse? Don't forget we'll have only Karlsson and Gryba on the right, and that is assuming Gryba sticks around (1 game is not enough to convince me).

742013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:00 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
LeKing wrote:

First, I doubt we're dropping that low unless Anderson gets traded. Too many other teams really struggling, and most of them haven't been hit with significant injuries.

Y'know we haven't scored a goal since Karlsson went down, right? We're going to need Matrix to start racking up shutouts.

752013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:03 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
spader wrote:
Ceci?

That reminds me... Gryba looked real good in his debut. I was impressed.

762013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:17 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yep...they even gave Gryba a 60-something number, so as to make us think Karlsson was still out there.

772013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:08 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
LeKing wrote:

Monahan wouldn't be a bad choice, but I'd prefer someone more NHL-ready Although he is nearly a year younger, Barkov has been playing in a pro men's league and I'd read how he may be the most NHL ready in the draft. Hyperbole, perhaps, but you cant argue with facts: same height, but a about 30 lbs heavier -- I like that. And despite his last name, he plays for Finland (holds dual citizenship but played for Finland in international competitions). Recall that Finland has the hybrid ice -- wider than NHL but not as wide as the international ice in the SEL. Perhaps the level of competition he plays against is why he is ranked lower. He's also said to be below-average in skating. Well, a 17-year old tipping the scales at 205 may mean his muscles haven't caught up to his size, yet. He'll have another year of growing into his body.

He's awesome, but size is not a factor to me. Just get the most skilled and best skating guy.

782013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:09 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Hoags wrote:
spader wrote:
Ceci?

Cowen skipped the AHL, except for the playoffs. And that's with missing a year of his development due to injury. Why do you think Ceci would need "at least a year or two"? We've had the likes of Phillips and Borowiecki playing their wrong-side; how ludicrous is it to assume that Ceic, playing his right side, wouldn't do any worse? Don't forget we'll have only Karlsson and Gryba on the right, and that is assuming Gryba sticks around (1 game is not enough to convince me).

Getting the best fit on the right side should not be the focus. It should be to get the best out of Ceci for the rest of his career.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum