GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2013 NHL Draft Thread

+8
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
wprager
tim1_2
NEELY
LeCaptain
Ev
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

162013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:47 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Karlsson isn't dead; when he comes back he'll still shoot right. We have Gryba for a bottom-pairing rightie, and Ceci to play behind Karlsson. It would be a while before all are ready to contribute, but how long would Jones take?

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Wiercioch - Gryba

Phillips, Borowiecki

Other than Ceci on the 2nd pairing, that's not a bad back-end. We'd need a stop-gap of sorts, but Seth Jones isn't it.

What we *do* need from the draft is a center who can be groomed to replace Spezza on the top line. We have Spezza, Turris, Zibanejad, Da Costa, Smith, O'Brien for now, so we are talking a good 4-5 years down the road.

MacKinnon (if we win the lottery), Lindholm, Monahan?

Seth Jones would be able to play in the NHL today and would be better than every d-man on the team except Karlsson

172013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:56 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I really like Monahan, and his stock has fallen...could be a great steal in the draft somewhere around the 10th pick if he continues to fall.

182013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:57 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Monahan is def a kid that is getting over looked because of the team he is playing on right now. If the Sens don't quite get to the #3 or 4 spot, Monahan is the ideal player to play in a 3rd line role while getting comfortable in the NHL when the time comes.

192013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:15 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Draft the BPA like they always do.

I wonder if they'll dare pick a Russian in the 1st round.

202013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:21 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Draft the BPA like they always do.

If the BPA is Russian, they trade the pick for a promising Swede.

212013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:23 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Tim Murray kinda acknowledged Zibanejad was not the BPA (Hamilton was) but they needed a forward badly.

222013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:26 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Diddle Hamilton

232013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:29 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hamilton is nothing special really.

242013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:45 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He really is.

252013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:48 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

LeKing wrote:

Tim Murray kinda acknowledged Zibanejad was not the BPA (Hamilton was) but they needed a forward badly.

Wonderful, that's the same kind of thinking that got us Brian Lee instead of Kopitar.

262013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:51 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I'm not saying I agree, but I heard it on the radio that they took a forward while having Hamilton higher on the list.
And I'm not that big a fan of Hamilton either...

Anyway, I'm still disgusted by the injury. At least there's like 34 games left. McKinnon or Drouin would be a really nice consolation prize.

272013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:00 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Hamilton is nothing special really.

A guy with that size, speed and skill plus a RH shot is nothing special ?

Whatever, I hope we win the lottery, someone up there owes us big time.

282013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:14 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:

I'd sooner have that debt paid with a Cup. Being a lottery team sucks balls and wishing for a lottery pick this early in the season is just wrong unless you're some kind of prospect groupie of which there are many here. Beer

292013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:15 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:

I'd sooner have that debt paid with a Cup. Being a lottery team sucks balls and wishing for a lottery pick this early in the season is just wrong unless you're some kind of prospect groupie of which there are many here. Beer

There's like 2 months left.

302013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:15 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

There is wishing for it then there is expecting it. I expect it so might as well talk about it.

312013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:23 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:

There's like 3/4 of the season left.

322013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:42 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:

There's like 3/4 of the season left.
we're so decimated right now i don't think there's an equivalent to be made around the league right now as to the severity of this situation.
we're hanging on by an Andersson thread. the best there is to hope now is that the kids take it ver like they did a few years back and that the rest of the league suddently under-estimates us on nightly basis.

doomed I tell ya! we're all doomed!

332013 NHL Draft Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Draft Thread Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:52 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Seriously, I don't see why anyone would go out and try to save this season by replacing Karlsson and or Spezza. It's impossible. The only saving grance might be ROR because he would fit into the organization on a really long term basis and is absolutely a player you would want to have on your team at any time.

Let things play out... maybe they win games 2-1, 1-0 the rest of the way and they somehow squeek into the playoffs. I doubt it but you never know.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum