GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

+16
SensHulk
Ev
tim1_2
spader
Hobiesens
sens4win
sandysensfan
Hoags
DirtyDave
NEELY
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
shabbs
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 67]

286NHL CBA Talk - Page 20 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:13 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:Very nostalgic avatar, there, SSF.
RIP Sam.

That old man sold me lots of records.

You mean CDs, right?

C Whats?

287NHL CBA Talk - Page 20 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:12 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Players talking about a lockout that will last longer than the last one...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=405999

Diddle this Dung man...

288NHL CBA Talk - Page 20 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:18 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

It's one thing to bite the hand that feeds you, it's another to chop your own off along with your feet and Richard.

289NHL CBA Talk - Page 20 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:19 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

It's just posturing and trying to put pressure on the NHL. Everything we see so far is spin I refuse to believe any of it.

290NHL CBA Talk - Page 20 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Players talking about a lockout that will last longer than the last one...

Diddle this Dung man...

This could easily be the end of the NHL as we know it. 20 teams maybe, cull out the average players? We'll see, but one thing's for sure, no one is gonna win this stupid battle.

291NHL CBA Talk - Page 20 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:30 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bring on contraction!

292NHL CBA Talk - Page 20 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:31 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Bring on contraction!

Buy out ten teams and their owners (and ours might be one of them ?)

Doubt it.

293NHL CBA Talk - Page 20 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Still waiting for the AHL to grab hold of this opportunity with both hands and attract new fans. $10 a month to watch B-Sens games in HD would be a purchase I'd make in a heartbeat. I'd go as high as 20 I guess.

294NHL CBA Talk - Page 20 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:46 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:

Buy out ten teams and their owners (and ours might be one of them ?)

Doubt it.
HA! A 10 team contraction right off the bat? Delirious. We'll never see contraction unless the entire league is on the verge of collapse. Would not mind going down to 24 teams... 12/12 conf split 4/4/4 division split... shift a few teams north to Canada... nice balance.

Last edited by shabbs on Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

295NHL CBA Talk - Page 20 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:47 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Still waiting for the AHL to grab hold of this opportunity with both hands and attract new fans. $10 a month to watch B-Sens games in HD would be a purchase I'd make in a heartbeat. I'd go as high as 20 I guess.

They don't have HD cameras at the games. They don't have the budget. Only in markets like Toronto.

296NHL CBA Talk - Page 20 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:49 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You can get all Binghamton games (nonHD) for $149.99.

Works out to about $2 per game.

297NHL CBA Talk - Page 20 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:49 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Players talking about a lockout that will last longer than the last one...

Diddle this Dung man...

This could easily be the end of the NHL as we know it. 20 teams maybe, cull out the average players? We'll see, but one thing's for sure, no one is gonna win this stupid battle.

No chance there will be a winner. Players will lose salary & jobs, NHL will lose revenue, and fans will lose hockey and may never come back.

Amazing what greed does.

298NHL CBA Talk - Page 20 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:56 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No problem... "Dollar" Bill Daly says everything will be juuuuuust fine:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=405988

299NHL CBA Talk - Page 20 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:56 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The WHA started up when the league was 16 teams. Mind you, they just went up from 14 to 16. But what about now? Reasons would be different, but could the players have enough drive to set up another league if there was contraction? Let's say they CBA negotiations don't go well and we lose a year and are about to lose a second one -- what would stop the league from saying the only way to fix it so that the current level of revenue sharing is acceptable to the $$ clubs is to drop the bottom six teams who are sucking up most of the revenue sharing pot, and then the remaining teams will all be healthy given a 50/50 revenue split. Some players could say, screw this, let's form our own league. Or, probably more likely, someone like a Jim Ballsillie could jump in and line up some potential owners for a new league -- while the players are playing overseas.

300NHL CBA Talk - Page 20 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:You can get all Binghamton games (nonHD) for $149.99.

Non HD is a shame...but $149 isn't overly ridiculous. Do you know if they charge you monthly or the whole thing at once?

301NHL CBA Talk - Page 20 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:06 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I wonder what effect -- if any -- the Boogard suit will have on the lockout. Boogard's family is suing the NHLPA for $9.8M. Starting in October the NHLPA is supposed to start paying the players monthly strike pay -- could some kind of lien be put on that money until the suit is settled? And even if not, that's a pretty sizable distraction for the NHLPA brass and lawyers.

Interesting how they are going after the NHLPA and not the NHL:

Because Derek's parents believe the NHL teams [Rangers and Wild] are partly responsible for their son's death, they turned to the NHL PA which promised to help them file a grievance to get the Rangers to pay out the rest of Derek's multi-million dollar 4-year contract with the team.

But, according to the lawsuit, the NHL PA failed to file the grievance by the required deadline, so the Boogaards were unable to collect ... and now the Boogaards are PISSED.

302NHL CBA Talk - Page 20 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:You can get all Binghamton games (nonHD) for $149.99.

Non HD is a shame...but $149 isn't overly ridiculous. Do you know if they charge you monthly or the whole thing at once?

Umm, yeah, it is. I can get NHL games for free (well, if it wasn't for the lockout and all). I can get KHL games for free. And as long as I don't suffer from epilepsy I can watch the Swiss league games for free -- just have to find them.

NHL CBA Talk - Page 20 A3kS9GLCYAANOYH

303NHL CBA Talk - Page 20 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

P.S. That's Nash and Thornton in their Davos debut -- hattrick for Nash and Jumbo got 4 assists.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum