GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

+16
SensHulk
Ev
tim1_2
spader
Hobiesens
sens4win
sandysensfan
Hoags
DirtyDave
NEELY
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
shabbs
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 43 of 67]

631NHL CBA Talk - Page 43 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:08 am

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Honestly, after a fantastic weekend of sports and family, I could really care less about whether or not NHL comes back or not. I had OHL, NCAA football, NFL, and MLB playoffs. Was really solid.

It's not hard to find something to do with the time and money I save with the NHL not being on. Sucks too because I once really loved the NHL.

Bull. You sound like someone who really wants to watch other things, but in the end, they miss hockey real bad.

MLB playoffs are amazing dude. You really should watch it, i don't think any other sports games get more tense or have more pressure. Anyone who wants proof should watch the highlights from last year's world series, one of the best I've ever seen.

Yeah, I watch them...I'm surprised Neely got into them is what I meant.

Gotcha TwoThumbsUp!

632NHL CBA Talk - Page 43 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:47 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:First it was Macramella, now Simmer:

Rob Simpson ‏@simmerpuck wrote:

According to source close to ownership, even with a little grandstanding for show, thrown in for another 2 weeks or so, Game On by mid-Nov.
Really?

633NHL CBA Talk - Page 43 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:52 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:

According to source close to ownership, even with a little grandstanding for show, thrown in for another 2 weeks or so, Game On by mid-Nov.
Really?
This has been rumbling in the background since the start... various agents have been saying this... if it does indeed go down like this, makes you wonder how planned it was, which does not make any sense.

634NHL CBA Talk - Page 43 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:58 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Really?
This has been rumbling in the background since the start... various agents have been saying this... if it does indeed go down like this, makes you wonder how planned it was, which does not make any sense.

Huh...

Are reputable people reporting this? Is Simpson someone to believe?

635NHL CBA Talk - Page 43 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:03 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd believe that Simpson (works on NHL network) more than the other Simpson (Shaun, the arrogant Front Bum from the Team 1200 who is a complete douchebag).

636NHL CBA Talk - Page 43 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:36 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Aligns pretty well with the end of the world series....back many months ago, Bob mackenzie had predicted that the season would start late but not too late....hope it comes to fruition.

637NHL CBA Talk - Page 43 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:15 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:I'd believe that Simpson (works on NHL network) more than the other Simpson (Shaun, the arrogant Front Bum from the Team 1200 who is a complete douchebag).

Slim pickins when your "news" comes from The Simmer and Geno "Useless" Reda.

638NHL CBA Talk - Page 43 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't mind either Simpson, to tell the truth. I often listen to the one on Team1200 and enjoy his take on things.

639NHL CBA Talk - Page 43 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:30 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I don't mind either Simpson, to tell the truth. I often listen to the one on Team1200 and enjoy his take on things.

The Simmer enjoys your take on things too, old friend.

640NHL CBA Talk - Page 43 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:I don't mind either Simpson, to tell the truth. I often listen to the one on Team1200 and enjoy his take on things.

The Simmer enjoys your take on things too, old friend.

Well he must have ESP, then.

641NHL CBA Talk - Page 43 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:00 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

More doom and gloom from me... But this is my opinion only. I posted this on the NHLPA's facebook page and they deleted it... maybe I hit to close to home.

---

I'm beginning to believe the NHLPA never had an intention to play this season. You have been doing nothing but delaying this entire process. That's why some of the players jumped to Europe so quickly. That's why you were not prepared to start negotiations in January as you would need to delay the process about 11 or 12 mos. while delaying for about 4 or 5 mos is so much easier to do. I think you believe Fehr can do for the NHL what he did for baseball.. no salary cap.. You are in for a big shock. The NHL is more of a gate-driven league and need fans to support the league with revenue. MLB got by with losing fans -- the NHL won't. All this posturing by the NHLPA is to turn the fans against the Owners.. so you delay the process long enough which will force the NHL to cancel the season... and make the Owners look like the bad guys. You are playing the fans as fools with all the posturing on this site and in the media, and along with player comments.... using fans as Pawns in your games against the NHL. Delay this process long enough and you will do severe damage to the NHL that they will never recover from. Follow Fehr to a lockout of a year or two -- then 200-300 players will not have jobs to come back to. Go ahead... prove me wrong. Give that proposal you have to the NHL. Prove you really mean it that you want to play in the NHL this season -- prove that they are not just empty words and lies. Have respect for the fans you say you care about. Get this done.

642NHL CBA Talk - Page 43 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:21 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Both sides are being stupid in this. The NHL's initial offer was so insulting that I think it really set the table for this. Had they started with a more reasonable offer, maybe we would not be here. Neither side wants to blink first. They both want to "win" in the end. Both sides are very stubborn. This has all the makings for a lost season and possibly more. No matter how you slice it, it's stupid.

643NHL CBA Talk - Page 43 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:59 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ryan Clowe says players won't wilt or get pushed around, saying they are all united...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/19675/ryane-clowe-players-arent-cracking

644NHL CBA Talk - Page 43 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Both sides are being stupid in this. The NHL's initial offer was so insulting that I think it really set the table for this. Had they started with a more reasonable offer, maybe we would not be here. Neither side wants to blink first. They both want to "win" in the end. Both sides are very stubborn. This has all the makings for a lost season and possibly more. No matter how you slice it, it's stupid.

Seriously, if you get insulted so easily you should stay out of the negotiations room. Everyone knows that the first offer, no matter who gives it, is going to be ridiculous. Go to a market in one of the middle-east countries and you'll see something priced at $200 that, if you're willing, you could probably buy for $25. Was the $200 insulting? Is the $25 you spent insulting? Not at all.

The *real* problem was not how ridiculous the NHL offer was, but the fact that the PA did not produce a counter offer. In fact they went out of their way to make sure everyone knew it wasn't a counter offer. It was a completely different offer, and an instant indication that they were not interested in bargaining with the owners.

645NHL CBA Talk - Page 43 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:48 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anyone catch Guy Lafleur's comments today or yesterday? He was at the opening of some center carrying his name and I guess it came up about the European players saying they may stay over there after the lockout ends. Guy says, "Let them stay, more jobs for Quebec and North American players."

I wholeheartedly agree. We had superstars in this league way before Sergei Priakin laced up for the Flames (not that Priakin was a star, just the first U.S.S.R. player in the NHL; Liam McGuire has a piece on the history of non-Canadian born players in hockey -- very interesting read).

646NHL CBA Talk - Page 43 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:More doom and gloom from me... But this is my opinion only. I posted this on the NHLPA's facebook page and they deleted it... maybe I hit to close to home.

---

I'm beginning to believe the NHLPA never had an intention to play this season. You have been doing nothing but delaying this entire process. That's why some of the players jumped to Europe so quickly. That's why you were not prepared to start negotiations in January as you would need to delay the process about 11 or 12 mos. while delaying for about 4 or 5 mos is so much easier to do. I think you believe Fehr can do for the NHL what he did for baseball.. no salary cap.. You are in for a big shock. The NHL is more of a gate-driven league and need fans to support the league with revenue. MLB got by with losing fans -- the NHL won't. All this posturing by the NHLPA is to turn the fans against the Owners.. so you delay the process long enough which will force the NHL to cancel the season... and make the Owners look like the bad guys. You are playing the fans as fools with all the posturing on this site and in the media, and along with player comments.... using fans as Pawns in your games against the NHL. Delay this process long enough and you will do severe damage to the NHL that they will never recover from. Follow Fehr to a lockout of a year or two -- then 200-300 players will not have jobs to come back to. Go ahead... prove me wrong. Give that proposal you have to the NHL. Prove you really mean it that you want to play in the NHL this season -- prove that they are not just empty words and lies. Have respect for the fans you say you care about. Get this done.

The players and the NHLPA went into this prepared and had a game plan in place which is why players jumped to Europe so quickly.

BTW the NHL also had a plan and was prepared too. The lockout of 04-05 Bettman and his cronies were busy having weekly meetings preparing strategy FOUR YEARS ahead of time. BOTH sides are being childish and care more about winning the negotiation than ANYTHING else regardless of the rhetoric both sides spew.

- Unknown Author

647NHL CBA Talk - Page 43 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:27 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here's a solution.

Owners fire Bettman (well, maybe "fire" is too strong) and give him a huge severance check. Players, with their "We hate Bettman so much we're willing to miss two years" rhetoric have no choice but return to serious negotiations or completely lose in the forum of public opinion.

So they go back to the table and Daly proposes a sliding percentage starting with 54% and going down to 46%. Players counter and eventually they settle for 57% sliding down to 49%, while losing on some other issues like contract length, min salaries, max second contract, older UFA age, etc.

Next season revenues take a huge hit as owners drop ticket prices to lure the fans back, the season is shorter, and there's Bettman's severance as well.

Players realize that they lost really badly, go and beat up Lindros, then Weber and his agent, and shut their mouths for a long, long time.

People in the US say, "There's an ESPN-3? Huh, but 'Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo.'"

Last edited by wprager on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total

648NHL CBA Talk - Page 43 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:50 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I have a feeling this proposal Fehr has been holding on to has a "no cap" proposal... anyone else feel the same? Maybe that's why the players wanted to hold off... cuz they knew it would be the end of the season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 43 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum