GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

+16
SensHulk
Ev
tim1_2
spader
Hobiesens
sens4win
sandysensfan
Hoags
DirtyDave
NEELY
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
shabbs
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

16NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:14 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:No sliding during a lockout. He'll be a UFA next year.

More money for us to get Perry then. Smile

17NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:00 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

Nothing new to report.

When they start cancelling pre-season games that's when the talks will get serious. I refuse to believe both sides (especially the NHL) don't know how much damage this will cause for the game and the NHL itself.

18NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:23 am

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

Agreed. What is it? October 15th that players usually get their first cheque? Once that day passes, I expect concessions will be made

19NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:45 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
When they start cancelling pre-season games that's when the talks will get serious. I refuse to believe both sides (especially the NHL) don't know how much damage this will cause for the game and the NHL itself.

I think the NHL knows, they seemed far more eager to get a deal done before the CBA expired (agreed to increase revenue sharing, kept the old definition of HRR).

Players have done NOTHING except come back with the exact same offer each time, oh wait sorry they tacked on an extra year the last time they met. The PA is the one playing games IMHO.

I found this bit of news somewhat worrisome:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/article/1257393--nhl-lockout-players-ponder-unemployment

The players — who won’t miss a cheque until mid-October — will receive their escrow money from last season. The expiring CBA called for them to put 8.5 per cent of their salary into escrow. They’re getting most of it back in early October, an average of about $200,000 each.

If Bettman’s next offer gets worse, Fehr has hinted the players would “reconsider” their options and made it known they may ask to abolish the cap and return to a free market system.

More Fehr-mongering ?

20NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:53 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

He's hinted and hasn't even said but you're right, it's a card he has to play.

As for the players having done nothing, I kind of agree with them in a sense but at the same time they don't run the business. Their best offer will come closer to the end of Sept, get a week or two of training camp in, couple pre-season games in and start the season, at least that's what they hope for IMO.

There is no way Bettman runs the league into the ground because make no mistake, that's what this lockout will do.

21NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:45 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:He's hinted and hasn't even said but you're right, it's a card he has to play.

As for the players having done nothing, I kind of agree with them in a sense but at the same time they don't run the business. Their best offer will come closer to the end of Sept, get a week or two of training camp in, couple pre-season games in and start the season, at least that's what they hope for IMO.

There is no way Bettman runs the league into the ground because make no mistake, that's what this lockout will do.

Bettman will get his 50/50 (approx.) split, it will probably be phased in gradually to minimize impact to the players.

The question is what will he give up to get it ? Lowered UFA requirements ? Some weakening of the cap (like that trading cap space idea ?). They are not going to give up linking player salaries to HRR.

You can't just take something from the players without giving something to them in return.

22NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:49 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Everyone knows exactly what is going to happen. It will be a phased in reduction is players HRR... probably like 53, 52, 50, something along those lines while honouing all contracts as they are. The cap will be lowered and teams will have to figure out a way to get under it (maybe a year to do so).

Players contracts will be something like 10 years max, UFA will increase by a year or two, (although increasing UFA age will disrupt those long term deals somewhat anyways) and the cap will soften in some sense while revenue sharing increases.

23NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:50 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Everyone knows exactly what is going to happen. It will be a phased in reduction is players HRR... probably like 53, 52, 50, something along those lines while honouing all contracts as they are. The cap will be lowered and teams will have to figure out a way to get under it (maybe a year to do so).

Players contracts will be something like 10 years max, UFA will increase by a year or two, (although increasing UFA age will disrupt those long term deals somewhat anyways) and the cap will soften in some sense while revenue sharing increases.

Exactly right.

24NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:13 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Well I think everyone and their mothers know at some point whether it's right away or a gradual roll back that it will be a 50/50 split in revenues... maybe even 51/49 for the players.

If they can increase the age of UFA to 27 (10 years in the league) and not put a max on contract length then I think they will be ok but hey, I'm a random poster on a forum. Push the age back 2 years and the max length contracts will take a hit as well, they go hand in hand.

25NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:18 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

My prediction: the NHL owners are going to regret the lockout when Fehr pulls the salary cap off the table.

https://twitter.com/StuSiegel/status/247693176670928896

Former owner/CEO of the Panthers

26NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:21 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
My prediction: the NHL owners are going to regret the lockout when Fehr pulls the salary cap off the table.

Meh, not buying it. Right now it's all talk and BS from both sides.

27NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:27 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:

[b]

No talk right now due to Jewish New Year, according to the Name Dropper.

more to come

28NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:35 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:

Naturally, everything the PA has been doing so far has been all about getting leverage, since they have very little.

Fehr has brought up the cap many times and made no secret that he hates the concept, it wouldn't surprise me if he does bring it up.

They need to fix the revenue imbalance in the league or we're going to see this Dung happen every few years when a new CBA has to be negotiated.

29NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:46 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Naturally, everything the PA has been doing so far has been all about getting leverage, since they have very little.

Fehr has brought up the cap many times and made no secret that he hates the concept, it wouldn't surprise me if he does bring it up.

They need to fix the revenue imbalance in the league or we're going to see this Dung happen every few years when a new CBA has to be negotiated.

If there is balance in that regard, say 50-50, this same shyte could just as well happen to get it to 70 - 30.

30NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:53 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

If there is balance in that regard, say 50-50, this same shyte could just as well happen to get it to 70 - 30.

Oh it will. 2 owners run the league, that's it. Jacobs and Snyder and then it's everyone else. They have so much pull it isn't funny.

31NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:03 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Oh it will. 2 owners run the league, that's it. Jacobs and Snyder and then it's everyone else. They have so much pull it isn't funny.

Well said, NEELY.

32NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:08 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I'd figure Dolan is a big shot in the room as well no ?

33NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:16 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Jacobs and Snyder have been around the game and owned their team for 40 plus years, no one else touches that. Money is one thing, history is another.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum