GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+20
Amnesia021
Number Twenty Nine
DirtyDave
sens4win
22_4_ever
DefenceWinsChampionships
stempniaksen
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Ev
SensHulk
Hoags
Riprock
NEELY
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 67]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Riprock wrote:And yet Pat Burns still hasn't been inducted. The time to do it was 2-3 years ago when he was still alive.
This was just the player category. I think Burns falls under the Builders category.

But, all that siad, he should have been in by now for sure.

Shanahan also should have gone in today, Sundin could have gone in later.

22_4_ever

Sophomore
Sophomore

i'm not saying Sundin doesn't deserve to be in. I'm a Sens fan, but I admit that Sundin is a hall of famer.

There is no way that he deserves to get in before Shanahan though...in every way Shanahan's stats were better, not to mention Shanny has 3 Stanley cups, and we all know what Sundin has.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote: I didn't think Sundin would get in on the first ballot though.

HHOF is in Toronto
Sundin played for Toronto
Plus Pat Quinn is on the committee.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote: I didn't think Sundin would get in on the first ballot though.

HHOF is in Toronto
Sundin played for Toronto
Plus Pat Quinn is on the committee.
Yeah. It's all cloak-and-dagger when the HHOF committee gets together. The Toronto-factor is a big one for sure.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 28 Conspiracy

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Some NHL teams believe Schultz is destined to end up with his home province Canucks. We should know more in next few days if not sooner.

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/217827963184484352

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:
Some NHL teams believe Schultz is destined to end up with his home province Canucks. We should know more in next few days if not sooner.

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/217827963184484352
If they move Ballard, then there is a nice opportunity for him to get some good minutes.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ballard would be a nice addition to the Sens blueline to be honest but I really think they are looking for Borowiecki/Weircoich/Blood to step up and take a spot right now.

Shultz will hand pick where he wants to start his NHL career. Lucky him.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Edmonton to announce Kruger as HC today....

Team1200: EDM to announce Ralph Kruger as head coach today. If you're keeping score, another one predicted by @SSimpsonHockey weeks ago. ‪#NHL

https://twitter.com/TEAM1200Ottawa/status/217969904752672772

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Edmonton to announce Kruger as HC today....

Team1200: EDM to announce Ralph Kruger as head coach today. If you're keeping score, another one predicted by @SSimpsonHockey weeks ago. ‪#NHL

That guy's a real kook. Tough to believe him when he speaks. Laugh1

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:Ballard would be a nice addition to the Sens blueline to be honest but I really think they are looking for Borowiecki/Weircoich/Blood to step up and take a spot right now.

Ballard would be nice, agreed. We'll see what happens.

While I don't like what Schultz is doing, it is totally within his rights.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Yeah. He also called the Oates hiring. He's certainly connected in the hockey world.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
Riprock wrote:And yet Pat Burns still hasn't been inducted. The time to do it was 2-3 years ago when he was still alive.
This was just the player category. I think Burns falls under the Builders category.

But, all that siad, he should have been in by now for sure.

Shanahan also should have gone in today, Sundin could have gone in later.

That stupid douchebag "Shanny" should be in the HOF? Why? Because he likes to be on the teevee? Pfft. I wish he would just go away. Forever.

I think Scotty Bowman has a beef with Pat Burns. And Fred Shero.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Burke is also on the HHOF committee... conspiracy theory!!!!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Yeah. He also called the Oates hiring. He's certainly connected in the hockey world.

Yet somehow disconnected from the actual world. Vertigo

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Ballard would be a nice addition to the Sens blueline to be honest but I really think they are looking for Borowiecki/Weircoich/Blood to step up and take a spot right now.

I think it's Boroweicki time. That'll fill out the left side, so now we're one right hander away.

Boroweicki is ready....it has to be time.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Yet somehow disconnected from the actual world. Vertigo

Isn't pretty much everyone working in the "hockey world" disconnected from the real world? Sources say yes.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:

I think it's Boroweicki time. That'll fill out the left side, so now we're one right hander away.

Yah, the spot is his to lose for sure so hopefully he stays healthy. I would say hopefully he works hard and does what's needed but that's like saying I hope this tire will roll downhill.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Yah, the spot is his to lose for sure so hopefully he stays healthy. I would say hopefully he works hard and does what's needed but that's like saying I hope this tire will roll downhill.

I just don't know if I like the idea of having only Cowen, Phillips, and Boro for your only top options for top-4 left side D. Absolutely, you want to give Cowen every opportunity to move up to take that top pairing spot and play big minutes in all situations, but I think it would be a mistake to plan as if he is already ready for that and leave yourself no backup options. The pressure might be too much. This will be Cowen's sophomore year, too, and it's a time when young players often stumble a bit.

I think OTT brings in a lefty who can play in the top 4. Someone like Ballard would be a good fit -- someone who can play in the top 4, but someone who you aren't so committed to that you couldn't shuffle him down to the bottom pairing if Cowen steps up. Give Cowen every opportunity to step up, but don't hand it to him, and definitely don't go into the season without any insurance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum