GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+20
Amnesia021
Number Twenty Nine
DirtyDave
sens4win
22_4_ever
DefenceWinsChampionships
stempniaksen
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Ev
SensHulk
Hoags
Riprock
NEELY
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 57 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 47 of 67]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Still think he may get moved and they move Hackett up. Don't think they start the year with Backstrom but it's just a guess.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:Over $35M is now committed to six players in Minny. Wow. The lowest paid player of the six (Backstrom) is getting $6M.

$22.5 spread over ZP, RS, and DB. Wow.

Minny now has the second highest payroll in the league.

The way they're gonna look at it is:

In 2 years, Heatley will be gone opening up a space for a cheaper contract to slide in there.

In 1 year, Backstrom is gone and Harding and Hackett take over.

In 1 year, Cullen is put out to pasture.

It's fairly well managed there to be honest. They seem to have a real ascension plan in place.

I disagree with some of that, but, that aside, this is funny:

Michael Slavitch ‏@slavitch
Dany Heatley is mighty confused about what this means for Dany Heatley. #Wild
Retweeted by TomSENS

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

I think his role has been diminished

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:I think his role has been diminished

Time to DEMAND a trade!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

$7.5M second liner.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:

$7.5M second liner.

Is he even a 2nd liner now? If Stone gets a serious look, I'd be interested in comparing their points per minute of icetime (ES).

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

TJ Oshie and the Blues are having some problems. I think he has filed for arbitration if I read that correctly.

The Blues site have him as a RW (he used to be a C), so if he is converted to RW, Sens should inquire about getting him. Sens could afford to spend the $$$ he is probably looking for (~$4M?) to help get to the floor, and I would guess the Blues aren't interested in paying him that much (they just re-signed Perron for a $4x4 I think).

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Oshie would be a frigging gift from God.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:Oshie would be a frigging gift from God.
Hell yeah. Would be a very nice add.

Offersheet that mother Diddler.

EDIT: If he's filed for aribitation, I don't think anyone can right? Hmmm... they could deal his rights though...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I would take Oshie over Nash, Hemsky, Ryan, who ever. He's a player that will go through a wall for his team no matter what.

No offer sheet, Sens can trade for a player like that.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The old sign and trade...

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

St. Louis has to do something sooner than later. If it goes to arbitration, and let's say he gets $4M or something like that, if they walk away, they lose him for nothing; if they match, they can't trade him. So even if it is too much $$$ they have to keep him. (Can't trade a player for one year if you match an offer; and can't submit an offer sheet on a player who has, or team has, filed arbitration).

So we know the Sens would probably like to add $$$ and give up players, so a package of maybe Smith + Butler + 2nd/3rd for Oshie might not be a bad start.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Riprock wrote:St. Louis has to do something sooner than later. If it goes to arbitration, and let's say he gets $4M or something like that, if they walk away, they lose him for nothing; if they match, they can't trade him. So even if it is too much $$$ they have to keep him. (Can't trade a player for one year if you match an offer; and can't submit an offer sheet on a player who has, or team has, filed arbitration).

So we know the Sens would probably like to add $$$ and give up players, so a package of maybe Smith + Butler + 2nd/3rd for Oshie might not be a bad start.

That's all that is.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oshie's got big time maturity problems of his own. From missing practices to getting suspended. I thought he'd be dealt last year personally.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Well I've been a fan of his for a while now, he plays way bigger than he is. I think what caught my attention most was how he man handled Rick Nash not once but twice.

So if the Sens don't get Nash, and he happens to go to a team that the Sens will face more than twice, Oshie would be awesome to have.

Mar. 28, 2009:

Mar. 29, 2009:

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oshie's pretty good but I wouldb't give up a lot for him as we have Oshies in the system.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Oshie's pretty good but I wouldb't give up a lot for him as we have Oshies in the system.

Fits the bill pretty well for me in terms of organization needs. I think he would come a LOT cheaper than the Ryans and Nashs out there.

I have no obviously idea what STL would want in return. One of Zibanejad or Stone? I dunno. We don't have D prospects or roster players to offer, and we know they don't need a goalie.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I wouldn't give up Stone for him. Zibanejad I would, but that's because I see Zibanejad behind Silfverberg, Stone and Lehner as a prospect, although I could obviously be wrong.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 47 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 57 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum