GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+20
Amnesia021
Number Twenty Nine
DirtyDave
sens4win
22_4_ever
DefenceWinsChampionships
stempniaksen
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Ev
SensHulk
Hoags
Riprock
NEELY
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ryan "Whitey" White remains a Hab @ 687,500 for one season on a one-way deal.

More to come.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:Cox is an idiot, he said we should trade Spezz and Alfie last year.

One of the dumbest hockey 'writers' out there. An absolute fool. Him and squirrel Proteau Leftie are both complete morons.

fyp

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/2012/06/time-to-free-up-nhl-free-agency-30-thoughts.html

Friedman brought this little gem out:

Since we mentioned him above, let's start with Schultz. Neither the Maple Leafs, the Ducks nor his agency (Newport) would discuss it, but heard Anaheim allowed Toronto a window to try and sign him at the draft. (There would have been some draft-pick compensation in return.) He wants to test free-agency -- who can blame him? -- and passed. It is believed he is meeting with his agents today to discuss a shorter list of teams and is to begin discussions with that group Wednesday.

So much for the Leafs connection if true.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/2012/06/time-to-free-up-nhl-free-agency-30-thoughts.html

Friedman brought this little gem out:

Since we mentioned him above, let's start with Schultz. Neither the Maple Leafs, the Ducks nor his agency (Newport) would discuss it, but heard Anaheim allowed Toronto a window to try and sign him at the draft. (There would have been some draft-pick compensation in return.) He wants to test free-agency -- who can blame him? -- and passed. It is believed he is meeting with his agents today to discuss a shorter list of teams and is to begin discussions with that group Wednesday.

So much for the Leafs connection if true.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hmmm, that bodes well for us.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Who knows. I think Ottawa, Edmonton, and Detroit make the most sense but we'll see.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Who knows. I think Ottawa, Edmonton, and Detroit make the most sense but we'll see.

Playing lots of minutes and losing night after night will do wonders for his career and development in the NHL.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:Who knows. I think Ottawa, Edmonton, and Detroit make the most sense but we'll see.

Playing lots of minutes and losing night after night will do wonders for his career and development in the NHL.

He could be part of something special there for sure.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:

The Oilers will eventually turn things around, not sure how big the turn around will be, but they won't be last place forever. He will get everything he wants there for sure. I think the same can be said for Ottawa and Detroit though, both teams have a lot to offer.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No mention of the HHOF inductees?

Sakic, Pavel Bure, Oates and Sundin were selected today.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399298

Shanahan was an odd omission. I'm sure we'll hear it from Leaf fans about Sundin being a first-ballot inductee.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:No mention of the HHOF inductees?

Shanahan was an odd omission. I'm sure we'll hear it from Leaf fans about Sundin being a first-ballot inductee.

I know SSF will be disappointed. He's a huge Shanaban supporter. Cheering

I'm glad to see Bure in the HHOF. Oates is having a good week. Sundin was a great player, but he's an odd FBI. Sakic was a no-brainer.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Hope these HHF people remember this when Alfie's turn comes around. No way you can let Sundin in but keep Alfie out.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

And yet Pat Burns still hasn't been inducted. The time to do it was 2-3 years ago when he was still alive.

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Riprock wrote:And yet Pat Burns still hasn't been inducted. The time to do it was 2-3 years ago when he was still alive.

How Shanahan didn't get in but Sundin did is a total farce. There is just no case you can make for Sundin that you can't make for Shanahan. Same goes for Burns, the fact that he isn't in now, and wasn't in when he was on Death's door has made the HHOF look stupid.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:

Hope these HHF people remember this when Alfie's turn comes around. No way you can let Sundin in but keep Alfie out.
Yeah, I heard a bunch of Sens fans complaining about Sundin getting in and I reminded them that if Sundin didn't make it in, the chances of Alfie getting in were even less. I know it's not all about the stats and they factor in impact on the game and your team but Alfie's not gonna catch Sundin's numbers. But, Alfie's been to the SCF and has a Calder Trophy. I didn't think Sundin would get in on the first ballot though.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Riprock wrote:And yet Pat Burns still hasn't been inducted. The time to do it was 2-3 years ago when he was still alive.
This was just the player category. I think Burns falls under the Builders category.

But, all that siad, he should have been in by now for sure.

Shanahan also should have gone in today, Sundin could have gone in later.

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

i'm not saying Sundin doesn't deserve to be in. I'm a Sens fan, but I admit that Sundin is a hall of famer.

There is no way that he deserves to get in before Shanahan though...in every way Shanahan's stats were better, not to mention Shanny has 3 Stanley cups, and we all know what Sundin has.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote: I didn't think Sundin would get in on the first ballot though.

HHOF is in Toronto
Sundin played for Toronto
Plus Pat Quinn is on the committee.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum