GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+20
Amnesia021
Number Twenty Nine
DirtyDave
sens4win
22_4_ever
DefenceWinsChampionships
stempniaksen
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Ev
SensHulk
Hoags
Riprock
NEELY
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 67]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, suggesting tampering is one thing, proving it is another. I think they'll just try and slow things down or make it difficult.

Some info on the Schultz sweepstakes:

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2012/6/25/3115369/justin-schultz-is-officially-a-free-agent

"As it stands now, Schultz will be bound to the current CBA as long as he signs (and he's expected to) before the CBA expires in the fall. That means he'll have to sign a two-year contract no matter where he goes. Schultz will also have a maximum salary of $925,000 per season with an up front $92,500 signing bonus. He can also negotiate performance bonuses that could take his cap hit up to the $3,000,000 range."

Would be nice to add him to the Sens for sure. We'll see where he lands. The only leverage teams have is to offer him more minutes and a bigger role. I supposed easier performance bonuses would factor in, not sure how that all works.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Fehr is setting the stage for the CBA negotiations...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/06/25/nhlpa_fehr_labour_meetings/

Putting the onus on the owners, indicating that the players are willing to continue to play under the current CBA (no surprise) and that they don't want a work stoppage. It sounds like if there is no CBA agreement, and both sides agree, they can continue playing under the current rules.

Doubt that happens. So, if there is a work stoppage, it will be a lockout by the owners.

Love how they leave all this to the last minute...CBA expires in Sept...

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Would be nice to add him to the Sens for sure. We'll see where he lands. The only leverage teams have is to offer him more minutes and a bigger role. I supposed easier performance bonuses would factor in, not sure how that all works.

This will be like the Brad Richards sweepstakes, he'll go through all these offers but he picked his team a long time ago.

My guess is Vancouver.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote:

This will be like the Brad Richards sweepstakes, he'll go through all these offers but he picked his team a long time ago.

My guess is Vancouver.

Intriguing.

Was it Richards that had a room booked and teams had to do presentations?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote:

My guess is Vancouver.
My money is on Rangers or Detroit.

Wink

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Intriguing.

yes.

TSN should do a special.

Justin Schultz: The Decision

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Intriguing.

yes.

TSN should do a special.

Laughing3

Justin: "I'm taking my unproven and potential talents to..... OTTAWA!!!!!!"

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Intriguing.

yes.

TSN should do a special.

Laughing3

Justin: "I'm taking my unproven and potential talents to..... OTTAWA!!!!!!"

"I'm taking my unproven and potential talents to..... SOUFF Keys!!!!!!"

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

According to Damien "ImmaDumbAss" Cox:

Btw, VAN asking for Bjugstad, first rounder and a good roster player. Makes no sense for FLA.

https://twitter.com/DamoSpin/status/217638093090586624

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:According to Damian "ImmaDumbAss" Cox:

Btw, VAN asking for Bjugstad, first rounder and a good roster player. Makes no sense for FLA.

He's probably tweeted this from his kitchen table still wearing his blue and white pajamas.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:According to Damien "ImmaDumbAss" Cox:

So basically he has no idea what's being offered because he's about as 'inside' on these dealing as my cat.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Cox is an idiot, he said we should trade Spezz and Alfie last year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Cox is an idiot, he said we should trade Spezz and Alfie last year.

One of the dumbest hockey 'writers' out there. An absolute fool. Him and Proteau are both complete morons.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Adam Oates to coach the Crapitals.

More to come.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

2 million a year X 3 years for Shane O'Brien. Not a bad deal for the Avs at all.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ryan "Whitey" White remains a Hab @ 687,500 for one season on a one-way deal.

More to come.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:Cox is an idiot, he said we should trade Spezz and Alfie last year.

One of the dumbest hockey 'writers' out there. An absolute fool. Him and squirrel Proteau Leftie are both complete morons.

fyp

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/2012/06/time-to-free-up-nhl-free-agency-30-thoughts.html

Friedman brought this little gem out:

Since we mentioned him above, let's start with Schultz. Neither the Maple Leafs, the Ducks nor his agency (Newport) would discuss it, but heard Anaheim allowed Toronto a window to try and sign him at the draft. (There would have been some draft-pick compensation in return.) He wants to test free-agency -- who can blame him? -- and passed. It is believed he is meeting with his agents today to discuss a shorter list of teams and is to begin discussions with that group Wednesday.

So much for the Leafs connection if true.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum