GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+20
Amnesia021
Number Twenty Nine
DirtyDave
sens4win
22_4_ever
DefenceWinsChampionships
stempniaksen
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Ev
SensHulk
Hoags
Riprock
NEELY
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 67]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:Staal wants to play in NYR or Carolina and I will bet anyone he ends up in one of those two spots.
Yeah. No doubt the lure of those two clubs and a reunion with a brother is a strong one.

Carolina is my bet.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:They offer Staal that then trade Malkin....

Staal wants to play in NYR or Carolina and I will bet anyone he ends up in one of those two spots.

Are you serious? Trade Malkin?

Well not now.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm fine not having any Staal on my team. Buncha hooligans.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Dreger says that Bobrovsky was traded to Columbus.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yep. CBJ trade for G Sergei Bobrovsky. Three draft picks going to Flyers, including No. 45 this year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Huh, for the 45th overall + more picks apparently.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Assuming the other two picks are mid to low, that's not a bad deal for CBJ.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

These are the moves that I just don't get personally. You acquire a pebble to fill a canyon sized hole. Bob isn't a bad goalie, but is he the guy to help a Nash-less BJ team next year? Clearly no.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

its a 2nd (45) and two 4th's.

Bobrovsky + Gonchar + Yakupov... I think this is what they are doing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Riprock wrote:its a 2nd (45) and two 4th's.

Gonchar?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, I got a feeling he might be dealt.

It might be a budget thing in Ottawa (as Renaud Lavoie, RDS) mentioned something about that. It didn't make sense, but Cronie said maybe Ottawa wanst to move salary if they get Nash.

So Columbus gets Russian Bobrovsky, might be able to draft Yakupov (Russian), and if they get Gonchar, that's a little community for their team.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd love to deal Gonchar personally. We'd need a replacement though, but he's getting close to being put out to pasture.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:

Gonchar?
Looks like they are hoping that Gonchar will mentor Yakupov the way he did Malkin ?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Opens up re-signg Kuba, and still having a young guy come in, instead of two. Or adding by trade.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:These are the moves that I just don't get personally. You acquire a pebble to fill a canyon sized hole. Bob isn't a bad goalie, but is he the guy to help a Nash-less BJ team next year? Clearly no.

I think Bobrocksky is a backup / 1B goalie for CLB, with another goalie coming in via the Nash trade and the other team getting stuck with Mason as a cap dump. There's just no way that CLB is seriously going to believe that Bobrovsky is the solution there.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:These are the moves that I just don't get personally. You acquire a pebble to fill a canyon sized hole. Bob isn't a bad goalie, but is he the guy to help a Nash-less BJ team next year? Clearly no.

I think Bobrocksky is a backup / 1B goalie for CLB, with another goalie coming in via the Nash trade and the other team getting stuck with Mason as a cap dump. There's just no way that CLB is seriously going to believe that Bobrovsky is the solution there.

It's Scott Howson we're talking about here...

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

It's Scott Howson we're talking about here...

Yeah, even there, I still don't see it. I think CLB is targeting a good young goalie like Bishop, with Bob was the backup plan / fail-safe in the short term. That's how the cards appear to be shaping up for me, anyway.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Yep let's trade Gonchar ... we have sooooo many RH D prospects we can slide in ... oops.

I'm sure Gonch would love to finish his career in Columbus Laugh1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum