GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scary thought, but a complete possibility...

+3
asq2
PKC
Riprock
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

asq2 wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Even if the Leafs don't draft first there D will be scarey in a couple years anyways IMO. I agree with the Tavares comment. They have enough D now that they'll be fine in a couple years. They don't have a single first liner and if Antropov is your best forward that should tell you that you have a serious deficiency that needs to be addressed. I say they start drafting forwards. Hey wait...scratch that I don't want the Leafs to do well now do I ? LOL :D

I'm still a firm believer in the "draft the best player available" drafting theory.

Chances are if they draft Hedman, they'll still be in a position the next season where they'll have a high pick. That draft will boast Kabanov, Pulkkinen, McFarland and Hall at the top -- all potential franchise forwards.

As for the OP, you know what else is pretty darn scary but a complete possibility?

Hedman - Doughty
Johnson - Teubert

or, although St. Louis has played well thus far

Johnson - Pietrangelo

Hedman - Cole
affraid

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Even if the Leafs don't draft first there D will be scarey in a couple years anyways IMO. I agree with the Tavares comment. They have enough D now that they'll be fine in a couple years. They don't have a single first liner and if Antropov is your best forward that should tell you that you have a serious deficiency that needs to be addressed. I say they start drafting forwards. Hey wait...scratch that I don't want the Leafs to do well now do I ? LOL :D

I'm still a firm believer in the "draft the best player available" drafting theory.

Chances are if they draft Hedman, they'll still be in a position the next season where they'll have a high pick. That draft will boast Kabanov, Pulkkinen, McFarland and Hall at the top -- all potential franchise forwards.

As for the OP, you know what else is pretty darn scary but a complete possibility?

Hedman - Doughty
Johnson - Teubert

Johnson - Pietrangelo
Hedman - Cole

LA seems more likely. St Louis is already going to be an interesting team in a couple of years, but adding Hedman or Tavares would just be incredible.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

mattbond wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Hedman - Doughty
Johnson - Teubert

Johnson - Pietrangelo
Hedman - Cole

LA seems more likely. St Louis is already going to be an interesting team in a couple of years, but adding Hedman or Tavares would just be incredible.

I'd like to see LA add Hedman and St. Louis add Cowen. They both have pretty solid offences going forward (St. Louis has Perron, Boyes, Backes, Eller, Oshie, Berglund etc.).

LA's defence of
Hedman - Doughty
Johnson - Teubert
Hickey - Harrold

would have the potential to be one of the best ever assembled.

asq2 wrote:
mattbond wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Hedman - Doughty
Johnson - Teubert

Johnson - Pietrangelo
Hedman - Cole

I'd like to see LA add Hedman and St. Louis add Cowen. They both have pretty solid offences going forward (St. Louis has Perron, Boyes, Backes, Eller, Oshie, Berglund etc.).

LA's defence of
Hedman - Doughty
Johnson - Teubert
Hickey - Harrold

would have the potential to be one of the best ever assembled.

If they could keep in together until that crew reaches their potential in this cap world. Our D-corp was pretty sick once upon time........ Crying

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum