GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just a thought...

+5
shabbs
SensGirl11
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
TeamRenzo
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Just a thought... Empty Just a thought... Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:24 pm

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

I have been watching a bit of the pre-seaason shows on the various sport networks and a lot of people are predicting that Philly and SJ will both have great years, some are predicting that the two teams will meet in the finals.

Oh the irony if Emery and Heately meet in the finals, two players that were ousted for not being team players.

What would sting more Heatley lifting the cup or Razor?

2Just a thought... Empty Re: Just a thought... Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:27 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Easily Heatley. Emery never asked to be dealt. He was just a little too casual about being a professional.

3Just a thought... Empty Re: Just a thought... Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:41 pm

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

I agree, I knda wish we didn't ahve to let Emery go!

4Just a thought... Empty Re: Just a thought... Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ray was young an immature and Murray actually handled that situation quite badly IMO. What he should have done is sent Ray's late arse to the AHL and recalled him in the summer. If at that point Ray was still being an idiot and wasn't performing, then you buy him out, you certainly don't keep a guy like that in the NHL until he learns how to be a man.

Things would have been fine between Ray and the Sens if Murray had done that, no question in my mind.

5Just a thought... Empty Re: Just a thought... Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:53 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Heatley raising the Cup would make me throw up everywhere. Ray, meh, I wouldn't be happy for him but I wouldn't be mad at him either. I still think it's a mistake that we let him go...

6Just a thought... Empty Re: Just a thought... Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:55 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

One thing I can say for Emery is that he was very good to the fans. He was a disruption, though. I don't think you can downplay that.

7Just a thought... Empty Re: Just a thought... Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:00 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:Ray was young an immature and Murray actually handled that situation quite badly IMO. What he should have done is sent Ray's late arse to the AHL and recalled him in the summer. If at that point Ray was still being an idiot and wasn't performing, then you buy him out, you certainly don't keep a guy like that in the NHL until he learns how to be a man.

Things would have been fine between Ray and the Sens if Murray had done that, no question in my mind.

Things would have been fine between them because he would have been claimed on waivers the second he was put on them. Lateness or not, he was a good goalie on a 1-way contract and teams would have jumped at the chance to get him for nothing.

You wanna blame someone, blame Paddock. He's the one who let the inmates run the asylum.

8Just a thought... Empty Re: Just a thought... Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:27 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

CCgotITcovered wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Ray was young an immature and Murray actually handled that situation quite badly IMO. What he should have done is sent Ray's late arse to the AHL and recalled him in the summer. If at that point Ray was still being an idiot and wasn't performing, then you buy him out, you certainly don't keep a guy like that in the NHL until he learns how to be a man.

Things would have been fine between them because he would have been claimed on waivers the second he was put on them. Lateness or not, he was a good goalie on a 1-way contract and teams would have jumped at the chance to get him for nothing.

You wanna blame someone, blame Paddock. He's the one who let the inmates run the asylum.
I blame Gary Bettman!!!

YES!!!

GARY BETTMAN!!!!!

🇬🇬

9Just a thought... Empty Re: Just a thought... Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:30 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

CCgotITcovered wrote:

Emery would NOT have been claimed on waivers at the time. That's why we had to resort to buying him out. There were no takers, via trade or waivers; he was considered toxic at the time. And because of his youth, it was cheaper for us, in real and cap dollars, to buy him out.

10Just a thought... Empty Re: Just a thought... Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:34 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would assume they bought Emery out also because they didn't want him and his attitude messing things up in Bingo either.

- Unknown Author

11Just a thought... Empty Re: Just a thought... Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:39 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I would assume they bought Emery out also because they didn't want him and his attitude messing things up in Bingo either.

that would be a correct assumption, Emery was a trainwreck at that time.

12Just a thought... Empty Re: Just a thought... Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:50 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Emery was waived with no takers. Remember also when Khabibulin was waived, then led Chicago deep into the playoffs?

13Just a thought... Empty Re: Just a thought... Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CCgotITcovered wrote:

No, I still stand by Murray didn't waive Emery quickly enough. The kid needed his head screwed on straight and he needed a wakeup call. If someone had claimed Emery and his 3.14 million X 3 contract, then Murray would have shrugged and walked away, but because none of this was done, we're stuck buying him out.

There was no chance anyone was gonna take him - I remember, it was messy and some people thought his career was finished.

14Just a thought... Empty Re: Just a thought... Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:03 pm

You are right. It is very easy to second guess.

The flip side of this coin is if Emery implodes in Philly and costs them chemisrty in the locker room. I hope it doesn't happen but it could....

15Just a thought... Empty Re: Just a thought... Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:40 am

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Anyone watch the SJ game last night?

Heatley was a -3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum