GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens/Neil closer than we thought?

+9
SensFan71
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Phoenix30
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Empty Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Tue May 19, 2009 11:46 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensChirp is reporting that Neil and the Senators are in the $1.4 - 1.8M range.
http://www.senschirp.ca/2009/05/more-on-chris-neil.html

$1.6M is half-way. Would you do it? And, if so, for how long?

2Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Empty Re: Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Tue May 19, 2009 11:48 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:SensChirp is reporting that Neil and the Senators are in the $1.4 - 1.8M range.
http://www.senschirp.ca/2009/05/more-on-chris-neil.html

$1.6M is half-way. Would you do it? And, if so, for how long?

I'd be good with a 1.5 price tag at 3 years without a NTC. If he pushes for one then its a limited NTC.

3Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Empty Re: Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Tue May 19, 2009 11:49 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:
I'd be good with a 1.5 price tag at 3 years without a NTC. If he pushes for one then its a limited NTC.

Exactly.

4Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Empty Re: Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Tue May 19, 2009 12:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think he'd do $1.5M unless it was a Sens for life deal. Seriously, would you? If he can get that same 3 year deal at $1.6-1.75M by driving 4 hours down the 401, why would he *not* do it?

5Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Empty Re: Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Tue May 19, 2009 12:38 pm

Neil's role can be filled for about half the cost it would take to sign him. Let him walk. k thx.

6Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Empty Re: Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Tue May 19, 2009 12:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I don't think he'd do $1.5M unless it was a Sens for life deal. Seriously, would you? If he can get that same 3 year deal at $1.6-1.75M by driving 4 hours down the 401, why would he *not* do it?

Best friends with Mike Fisher. You might be able to get 1.8-2 from Toronto, but really...do you want that? I have to ask. You have a choice - the devil you know, or the devil you don't. Stay with the team that drafted you, farmed you, made you successful and grow with a young team that could potentially have success within your contract.

7Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Empty Re: Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Tue May 19, 2009 12:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:Neil's role can be filled for about half the cost it would take to sign him. Let him walk. k thx.

It may be true, but I'm actually asking, more, what Neil would do. If I've got a young family with possibly no income beyond that 3 year contract, I think the extra $600-750K (or more) is not something to give up very quickly. He can still visit Mike at his cottage in the summer.

8Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Empty Re: Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Tue May 19, 2009 12:56 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
hemlock wrote:Neil's role can be filled for about half the cost it would take to sign him. Let him walk. k thx.

It may be true, but I'm actually asking, more, what Neil would do. If I've got a young family with possibly no income beyond that 3 year contract, I think the extra $600-750K (or more) is not something to give up very quickly. He can still visit Mike at his cottage in the summer.

Exactly Pragues. This would be longer than a three year deal if he's giving a "home team discount". I'm thinking more of a 4 or 5 year deal with a total dollar value higher than what he could get on the open market for 2 or 3 years.

- Unknown Author

9Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Empty Re: Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Tue May 19, 2009 1:02 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:
wprager wrote:I don't think he'd do $1.5M unless it was a Sens for life deal. Seriously, would you? If he can get that same 3 year deal at $1.6-1.75M by driving 4 hours down the 401, why would he *not* do it?

Best friends with Mike Fisher. You might be able to get 1.8-2 from Toronto, but really...do you want that? I have to ask. You have a choice - the devil you know, or the devil you don't. Stay with the team that drafted you, farmed you, made you successful and grow with a young team that could potentially have success within your contract.

Mike Fisher squeezed every cent and then some out of this franchise when it was his turn. Hopefully he's not giving Neil any advice.

10Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Empty Re: Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Tue May 19, 2009 1:08 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:

Exactly Pragues. This would be longer than a three year deal if he's giving a "home team discount". I'm thinking more of a 4 or 5 year deal with a total dollar value higher than what he could get on the open market for 2 or 3 years.

OK, then in that case, do you do this deal? Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that he could do $2Mx3. To make it financially enticing the package here would have to be $7M or more, and it probably can't be under $1.6M. So do you give him $1.6M x 5 ($8M total) or $1.8 x 4 ($7.2M total)?

11Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Empty Re: Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Tue May 19, 2009 1:13 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I say wave good bye to Neil. 4 years is too long never mind 5. It's time to give a guy like Bass a shot at being that type of player for much less money.

- Unknown Author

12Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Empty Re: Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Tue May 19, 2009 1:18 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:

Why visit Mike at his cottage when he could stay at his.

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/05/14/9461001.html#/sports/columnists/bruce_garrioch/2009/05/17/pf-9484561.html

13Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Empty Re: Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Tue May 19, 2009 1:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Phoenix30 wrote:
wprager wrote:

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/05/14/9461001.html#/sports/columnists/bruce_garrioch/2009/05/17/pf-9484561.html

Umm, maybe to visit with his (from second-hand info) best bud, and his (first hand info) smokin' girlfriend.

14Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Empty Re: Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Tue May 19, 2009 1:59 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:
wprager wrote:

Umm, maybe to visit with his (from second-hand info) best bud, and his (first hand info) smokin' girlfriend.

OH ya forgot about hottie.

15Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Empty Re: Sens/Neil closer than we thought? Tue May 19, 2009 2:05 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

It's kind of strange, but I've gotten used to the idea of Neil not being a Sen next year.

Do we really need him?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum