GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Interesting thought: Ducks firesale!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Interesting thought: Ducks firesale! Empty Interesting thought: Ducks firesale! Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:41 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I came across an interesting point of view courtesy of CJjonhnson over at Hockeyleaks, where he postulates that the Ducks may indeed be sellers. Who would've thought, huh?

Anyway, I thought it was interesting to see the likes of Niedermayer, Pronger, Giguere, Marchant and others included in deadline deals... Could be an interesting day around the league after all...

2Interesting thought: Ducks firesale! Empty Re: Interesting thought: Ducks firesale! Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:49 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

as long as Pronger doesn't end up in Ottawa (not that it would happen), we might have to pull McAmmond off of him. if Bobby Ryan was available though, sign me up

3Interesting thought: Ducks firesale! Empty Re: Interesting thought: Ducks firesale! Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:00 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't think Ryan is on the block to be honest.

What I find intriguing is the rumor of Boston wanting to add Pronger... Surely they'd have to move some big $$, like Manny Fernandez I suppose, for starters anyway.

4Interesting thought: Ducks firesale! Empty Re: Interesting thought: Ducks firesale! Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:05 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Manny would have to move, you are right on that one, but would the Ducks accept him back when they already have Hiller and are wanting to get rid of their high priced Giguere already.

5Interesting thought: Ducks firesale! Empty Re: Interesting thought: Ducks firesale! Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:39 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Perhaps Fernandez is moved in a seperate deal to a team like Colorado as was discussed in Chat this morning.

- Unknown Author

6Interesting thought: Ducks firesale! Empty Re: Interesting thought: Ducks firesale! Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:44 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I should have found the chatroom before posting here then, but that is definitely a possibility, LA and colorado need goaltending.

7Interesting thought: Ducks firesale! Empty Re: Interesting thought: Ducks firesale! Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:06 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:I should have found the chatroom before posting here then, but that is definitely a possibility, LA and colorado need goaltending.

No worries. I just didn't want to take credit for something that was mentioned in Chat with regards to Fernandez and Colorado.

- Unknown Author

8Interesting thought: Ducks firesale! Empty Re: Interesting thought: Ducks firesale! Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:11 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i would expect ottawa to not be a buyer for any of those players. pronger might be nice but i expect ottawa might want to go for bouwmy in july.which at this rate florida isn't gonna let him go. so the scenario could be that they trade SJ 1st round pick for the exclusive to talk to him 1st and sign him. i'd much rather have bouwmy then pronger(which i expect is gonna fetch 5 mill a year.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum