GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scary thought, but a complete possibility...

+3
asq2
PKC
Riprock
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

A defensive pairing of Schenn-Hedman in a few years affraid

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If Toronto drafted Hedman and DIDN'T play him next season, now THAT would be scary.

DashRiprock wrote:If Toronto drafted Hedman and DIDN'T play him next season, now THAT would be scary.
i doubt they'd be paired off the bat... maybe put hedman with Kabrale, and schenn with... ah hell, who else do they have :D

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Kubina, Finger, Van Ryn, Frogren, Colaiacavo... Hedman would be better paired with Frogren I think.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

To be honest, if the Leafs had the first overall pick this upcoming draft, I'm almost positive they would draft Tavares. Build around a projected superstar like that...that's what the Leafs should do. Fortunately for this upcoming draft, picking first overall leaves you with two incredible options, pick either Hedman or Tavares and there's no way you've picked wrong.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:To be honest, if the Leafs had the first overall pick this upcoming draft, I'm almost positive they would draft Tavares. Build around a projected superstar like that...that's what the Leafs should do. Fortunately for this upcoming draft, picking first overall leaves you with two incredible options, pick either Hedman or Tavares and there's no way you've picked wrong.

Hedman is a projected superstar as well. IMO it makes more sense to draft Hedman and then have a top-3 in the future of Hedman, Schenn and Stralman (who could be pretty darn good as well). Grab a guy like Kuchin with a later 1st rounder. Then, since Crosby and Ovechkin didn't exactly turn their teams into Cup contenders their first season, one has no reason to expect that Hedman would either, so at the next draft, the Leafs could nab a potential franchise forward like Kabanov, Pulkkinen, Hall or McFarland.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

They would likely draft Tavares, considering they need a superstar forward, and they have already pursued him, so you know they want him on their team.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Speaking of Leafs D-men, did Colaiacovo get injured last night? I saw him coming off very slowly and in a lot of pain. Maybe he got hit by the puck or something.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Speaking of Leafs D-men, did Colaiacovo get injured last night? I saw him coming off very slowly and in a lot of pain. Maybe he got hit by the puck or something.

Or knocked over by a stiff breeze? That guy is made of glass. When is he not injured? Has he ever put, say, 10 straight games together?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I don't think he's ever put 2 games together, let alone 10.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Even if the Leafs don't draft first there D will be scarey in a couple years anyways IMO. I agree with the Tavares comment. They have enough D now that they'll be fine in a couple years. They don't have a single first liner and if Antropov is your best forward that should tell you that you have a serious deficiency that needs to be addressed. I say they start drafting forwards. Hey wait...scratch that I don't want the Leafs to do well now do I ? LOL :D

- Unknown Author

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Even if the Leafs don't draft first there D will be scarey in a couple years anyways IMO. I agree with the Tavares comment. They have enough D now that they'll be fine in a couple years. They don't have a single first liner and if Antropov is your best forward that should tell you that you have a serious deficiency that needs to be addressed. I say they start drafting forwards. Hey wait...scratch that I don't want the Leafs to do well now do I ? LOL :D

I'm still a firm believer in the "draft the best player available" drafting theory.

Chances are if they draft Hedman, they'll still be in a position the next season where they'll have a high pick. That draft will boast Kabanov, Pulkkinen, McFarland and Hall at the top -- all potential franchise forwards.

As for the OP, you know what else is pretty darn scary but a complete possibility?

Hedman - Doughty
Johnson - Teubert

or, although St. Louis has played well thus far

Johnson - Pietrangelo
Hedman - Cole

asq2 wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Even if the Leafs don't draft first there D will be scarey in a couple years anyways IMO. I agree with the Tavares comment. They have enough D now that they'll be fine in a couple years. They don't have a single first liner and if Antropov is your best forward that should tell you that you have a serious deficiency that needs to be addressed. I say they start drafting forwards. Hey wait...scratch that I don't want the Leafs to do well now do I ? LOL :D

I'm still a firm believer in the "draft the best player available" drafting theory.

Chances are if they draft Hedman, they'll still be in a position the next season where they'll have a high pick. That draft will boast Kabanov, Pulkkinen, McFarland and Hall at the top -- all potential franchise forwards.

As for the OP, you know what else is pretty darn scary but a complete possibility?

Hedman - Doughty
Johnson - Teubert

Johnson - Pietrangelo

Hedman - Cole
affraid

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:

Hedman - Doughty
Johnson - Teubert

Johnson - Pietrangelo
Hedman - Cole

LA seems more likely. St Louis is already going to be an interesting team in a couple of years, but adding Hedman or Tavares would just be incredible.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

mattbond wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Hedman - Doughty
Johnson - Teubert

Johnson - Pietrangelo
Hedman - Cole

LA seems more likely. St Louis is already going to be an interesting team in a couple of years, but adding Hedman or Tavares would just be incredible.

I'd like to see LA add Hedman and St. Louis add Cowen. They both have pretty solid offences going forward (St. Louis has Perron, Boyes, Backes, Eller, Oshie, Berglund etc.).

LA's defence of
Hedman - Doughty
Johnson - Teubert
Hickey - Harrold

would have the potential to be one of the best ever assembled.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum