GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What does it take to get Nash?

+22
Oglethorpe
DefenceWinsChampionships
22_4_ever
TheAvatar
spader
shabbs
rooneypoo
Ev
tim1_2
NEELY
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
stempniaksen
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
wprager
Hoags
Flo The Action
SensHulk
PTFlea
DirtyDave
26 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

1What does it take to get Nash? Empty What does it take to get Nash? Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:14 am

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

What do you think it would take to get Nash in a trade? What are the pieces going both ways?

Not what you'd want it to be but what would it realistically be.

2What does it take to get Nash? Empty Re: What does it take to get Nash? Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:26 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If I was Columbus I'd ask for Lehner, Zibanejad/Silfverberg, Foligno + 1st.

Take it or leave it.

3What does it take to get Nash? Empty Re: What does it take to get Nash? Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:27 am

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

I would take that as a Sens fan. Later zibby.

What about a package that includes methot?

4What does it take to get Nash? Empty Re: What does it take to get Nash? Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:28 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DirtDiddler wrote:I would take that as a Sens fan. Later zibby.

What about a package that includes methot?

Lehner is a major sticking point for me. I'd pass. Methot could probably be involved in that, not sure what extra you'd have to pay, but at that point you've given a fair package for sure.

5What does it take to get Nash? Empty Re: What does it take to get Nash? Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:32 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:If I was Columbus I'd ask for Lehner, Zibanejad/Silfverberg, Foligno + 1st.

Take it or leave it.

I'll do any of our prospects except Lehner.

6What does it take to get Nash? Empty Re: What does it take to get Nash? Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:34 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:If I was Columbus I'd ask for Lehner, Zibanejad/Silfverberg, Foligno + 1st.

Take it or leave it.

For Nash?

My personal opinion is that I wouldn't let Silfverberg, Noesen or Lehner go. The rest are up for grabs I guess.

7What does it take to get Nash? Empty Re: What does it take to get Nash? Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:46 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Take it or leave it.

For Nash?

My personal opinion is that I wouldn't let Silfverberg, Noesen or Lehner go. The rest are up for grabs I guess.
It's the exact same answer for me. Although I'm not convinced on how good Silfverberg will be or at least that there won't be an adjusting period for him I'd like for the sens to hold on to him.

I think Zib anyways has a lot of value in other organizations eyes. Just the fact that he'd be included might mean that we might be able to put Bishop in there. But maybe that's wishful thinking on my part.

8What does it take to get Nash? Empty Re: What does it take to get Nash? Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:50 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

That's my feeling as well.

I still think Nash should go for a roster player (ie. Michalek), top prospect and a 1st. Columbus asking for more because Nash is worth more to them and they want to hit a home run. We'd be doing them a favor taking that salary on.

9What does it take to get Nash? Empty Re: What does it take to get Nash? Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:52 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Take it or leave it.

For Nash?

It's the exact same answer for me. Although I'm not convinced on how good Silfverberg will be or at least that there won't be an adjusting period for him I'd like for the sens to hold on to him.

I think Zib anyways has a lot of value in other organizations eyes. Just the fact that he'd be included might mean that we might be able to put Bishop in there. But maybe that's wishful thinking on my part.

Yeah, I would feel the same way. Zibanejad has a ton of value in hockey circles IMO. Top 5 consensus prospect, basically everywhere, big, strong, fast kid with a lot of talent. I think if they asked for him, we could take out Lehner and put in Bishop. Otherwise I would be out personally.

10What does it take to get Nash? Empty Re: What does it take to get Nash? Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:53 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

That's my feeling as well.

I still think Nash should go for a roster player (ie. Michalek), top prospect and a 1st. Columbus asking for more because Nash is worth more to them and they want to hit a home run. We'd be doing them a favor taking that salary on.

Would you make the deal if Michalek was involved? Seems like you're plugging a hole and immediately opening another one.

11What does it take to get Nash? Empty Re: What does it take to get Nash? Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:01 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Would you make the deal if Michalek was involved? Seems like you're plugging a hole and immediately opening another one.

Well it's more of a 'hockey trade' in that we essentially swap roster players, the draft pick and prospect offsetting the fact that Nash is a higher caliber player. We don't take on as much salary cap hit either. I think it's more possible that we can win that trade since Nash would probably flourish here.

But I can't see how Nash could compensate for us blowing up our prospect pool for him. Giving up Lehner, 2 of our prospects and our 1st(which we need to draft Defense depth). We lose that trade 9/10 and we're stuck with Nash's cap hit for years.

Columbus is asking for too much, maybe they will get it from someone. Given the terrible shape our defense is in, I don't think we should blow our load for a forward.

Build from the net out.

12What does it take to get Nash? Empty Re: What does it take to get Nash? Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree for the most part, not sure I'd be running to make a deal for Nash right now.

13What does it take to get Nash? Empty Re: What does it take to get Nash? Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:19 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:...Given the terrible shape our defense is in, I don't think we should blow our load for a forward.

SpezDispenser wrote:I agree for the most part, not sure I'd be running to make a deal for Nash right now.

You agree about the bolded part, too?

14What does it take to get Nash? Empty Re: What does it take to get Nash? Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:20 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

If Alfie is going to play another year, I'd like to see the Sens go for it all, which includes getting Nash. I don't care about Nash's salary as the Sens will a) not be a cap team even with him and b) it's not my money.

The cost may not be as high as people think as I believe Nash will only accept a trade to a few locations.

15What does it take to get Nash? Empty Re: What does it take to get Nash? Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:24 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:If Alfie is going to play another year, I'd like to see the Sens go for it all, which includes getting Nash. I don't care about Nash's salary as the Sens will a) not be a cap team even with him and b) it's not my money.

The cost may not be as high as people think as I believe Nash will only accept a trade to a few locations.

Which I doubt includes Ottawa... but for those of you so concerned with our precious 1st pick, Mike Richards went to LA and no 1st rounder was included in that deal.

Like you say, once that deal is done people will say "is that all it cost?" And then they'll say, "yeah but I wasn't willing to give up (insert unproven prospect name here), anyway."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum