GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators, Thursday, April 5, 2012, 7:30 PM EST

+11
Flo The Action
wprager
dennycrane
sandysensfan
Hoags
shabbs
PTFlea
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Riprock
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

does anyone know if mclean got a fine for his comments to the refs that got him ejected from the game? i didn't see anything on TSN about it and it seems everyone and their mother is getting fined these days

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:does anyone know if mclean got a fine for his comments to the refs that got him ejected from the game? i didn't see anything on TSN about it and it seems everyone and their mother is getting fined these days

I doubt it. What he said was in-game and not in front of a mike. In front of a mike he said he couldn't afford to say anything.

Funny, though, how he got tossed out for arguing an icing call in a game they had no shot of tying up. Clearly, he was upset about the stuff that was going on earlier in the game. I didn't see much past the 1st period. Was the reffing as bad as the Carolina game?

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The reffing was not great, but I didn't think it was particularly bad.

God I hope we get some decent reffing in the playoffs. It seems this season that they never decided whether they wanted to crack down or ease up. The standard varied so much from game to game.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:The reffing was not great, but I didn't think it was particularly bad.

God I hope we get some decent reffing in the playoffs. It seems this season that they never decided whether they wanted to crack down or ease up. The standard varied so much from game to game.

Wanna make a bet they get O'Rourke & Peel?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:The reffing was not great, but I didn't think it was particularly bad.

They won't. There was too much controversy with those two. NHL does not like that. Roughly half the refs in the league don't get rewarded with playoff gigs, so I'd take that bet, except I don't gamble.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

They won't. There was too much controversy with those two. NHL does not like that. Roughly half the refs in the league don't get rewarded with playoff gigs, so I'd take that bet, except I don't gamble.
Controversy?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It was all over TSN and SNet. It caused Fraser to "dispel" these rumors of bias, except he very conveniently chose to analyse the Sens/Bruins game, and not one of the West coast games where the Sens repeatedly got jobbed by the refs. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that article was commissioned by the NHL.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:It was all over TSN and SNet. It caused Fraser to "dispel" these rumors of bias, except he very conveniently chose to analyse the Sens/Bruins game, and not one of the West coast games where the Sens repeatedly got jobbed by the refs. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that article was commissioned by the NHL.
OHHH.... That :crossarms:

Laugh1 Like it matters who the refs are Laugh1

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The NHL doesn't like that kind of controversy. Those guys caused a controversy, so I doubt they get rewarded for it.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

F the Bruins.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum