GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators, Saturday, Feb. 25, 2012

+12
Ev
SensHulk
asq2
KidKarlsson
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
Bramlet07
dennycrane
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
shabbs
wprager
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY: Boston @ Ottawa, 7:00PM, Saturday, February 25, 2012

GAME DAY - Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators, Saturday, Feb. 25, 2012 LargeGAME DAY - Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators, Saturday, Feb. 25, 2012 AtGAME DAY - Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators, Saturday, Feb. 25, 2012 Large

The Bruins will be coming in tired, after playing in a shootout loss in Buffalo last night. You also have to wonder about the travel time, given all the snow we had overnight. Let's face it, we'll need all the help we can get, with our #1 out of action. The Bruins now hold a 3-point lead, with only 3 games in hand, which translates to a maximum 9 point spread. With a win tonight the Sens could get within 1 point, and reduce that spread to 7 points. Just a few days ago that number was 12, as the Bruins were 4 points up with 4 games in hand.

Coverage:
TV: CBC, RDS; NESN
Radio: Team1200
Internet: http://livetv.ru/en

Latest updates:
Anderson cut his finger at home, partially severing the tendon in his stick-hand pinky. He's had surgery and will miss some games (he could resume skating next week, likely won't be ready to play for 2-3 weeks). Auld will start tonight with Lehner as the backup.

Carkner will draw into the lineup as Lee sits. You just can't have both Konopka and Carkner out against a team like Boston. Good time for him to draw in, as the Bruins players should be a little tired.

Ottawa (32-22-8)
Goals leader: Jason Spezza (27)
Assists leader: Erik Karlsson (47)
Points leader: Jason Spezza (66)

Boston (36-20-3)
Goals leader: Milan Lucic (21)
Assists leader: Patrice Bergeron (32)
Points leader: Patrice Bergeron (49)

NHL Game Day Preview: http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2011020919

TSN Ice Chips for Ottawa: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/?hubname=nhl-senators

TSN Ice Chips for Boston: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/?hubname=nhl-bruins

GO SENS GO!!!!

Last edited by wprager on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If the Sens win tonight, then against the Islanders tomorrow, they will be leading the Division. After that they face the Bruins again on Tuesday, which will be the first home game for Boston after a long road trip. A perfect opportunity for another upset.

The Bruins are struggling. They managed to beat the Blues but, really, did Elliott have a good game? 4 goals on 19 shots, I believe. Then they got a point in a shootout loss in Buffalo. They tied the game up on the PP in the third to take this one to OT. Guess what the PP situation was -- 4 for Boston and 0 for Buffalo. Oh, yeah, they are little saints and play a perfectly within-the-rules kind of game. Those could easily have been two losses, on top of the two losses they had in the previous two games against Minnesota and Winnipeg.

This team is struggling. Imagine if they get a key injury? Like from a cross-check to the windpipe.

GO SENS GO!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

How many more games before Karlsson sets a new franchise record? And I don't mean assists because as we all know each assist will set a new team record, now that he's got 47. Three more points to tie McIver. Four to set a new record.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Just. Win.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Just. Win.

A. Men.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Glenn Healy just said Erik Karlsson "doesn't do anything really good, he's not big, he's not fast"

Laughing3

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Suck on that Healy.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:Glenn Healy just said Erik Karlsson "doesn't do anything really good, he's not big, he's not fast"

Laughing3
SUCK IT HEALS!!!!!!

No one likes him.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bah. Bergeron ties it up.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bummer.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Marchand puts the B's up 2-1.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

2-1 B's after 1.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
Hoags wrote:Glenn Healy just said Erik Karlsson "doesn't do anything really good, he's not big, he's not fast"

Laughing3
SUCK IT HEALS!!!!!!

No one likes him.

Wouldn't Healey be an expert on not doing any really good (including grammar)?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That was an ugly shift.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum