GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators, Saturday, Feb. 25, 2012

+12
Ev
SensHulk
asq2
KidKarlsson
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
Bramlet07
dennycrane
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
shabbs
wprager
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

No idea why he changed a winning lineup. :crossarms:

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Auld was the reason they lost that game, simple as that.

While I don't disagree that Auld let in two bad goals, the Sens were dominated for the entire 2nd period. By a team that played to a shootout loss the night before, a 5 hour drive away, with a snow storm en-route. Unacceptable. If Auld lets in 2 bad goals but they play in the 2nd like they did in the 3rd then we are at least going to OT.

Yes, I realize this is a young team and they become defensive imbeciles when playing in front of an unsteady goalie, but this is what they need to work on.

That 2nd goal zapped the team in a big way, it zapped the arena, and for those sitting at home, I'm sure it zapped them. They were neck and neck with the Bruins and then that garbage goal goes in... tough to take. It's not an excuse but it's the reason.

As for someone being shocked if Auld didn't play tonight... I would be shocked if he even played another game this year until the Sens clinch a spot. If they get Bishop in a deal they may very well find himself on waivers.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can't believe Garrioch wrote this:

I know we can’t blame Alex Auld for the loss Saturday night.
The Senators weren’t very good. They didn’t put up a fight until the third in a 5-3 loss to the Boston Bruins. By then, it was far too late.

I agree. But I can't believe it came from him. Laugh1

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:It's always a good idea to break up a winning lineup. Good job MacLean. Carkner was the direct cause of 2 goals tonight.

We need that 6th seed badly.

Oh well, we win tomorrow. Lehner Time.

Laugh1

He was on the ice for one against.

Guess he should have strapped the pads on and made those easy saves on goals #2 and #3, too.

On the ice for 2. First one, he was slow as Diddle and couldn't get to the puck behind the net. Then the Sens player coughed it up to McQuaid. Next goal, he pushed the Bruin into Auld.

I don't think Carkner sees another game. Gone at the deadline.

Ah, the 4th goal. The one on the PP. Yeah, don't really blame him on that one.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:It's always a good idea to break up a winning lineup. Good job MacLean. Carkner was the direct cause of 2 goals tonight.

Laugh1

Guess he should have strapped the pads on and made those easy saves on goals #2 and #3, too.

On the ice for 2. First one, he was slow as Diddle and couldn't get to the puck behind the net. Then the Sens player coughed it up to McQuaid. Next goal, he pushed the Bruin into Auld.

I'm being too harsh but I still can't believe they took Lee out. He was playing really, really well.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Auld allowed one weak goal and made slot of great saves to keep his team in it. Even maclean proclaimed that they only played 12 mind of the game. Unacceptable effort all around. The goalie excuse is getting old...

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Laugh1

Did u not see carkner shove the Bruins player into the goal crease that effectively blocked Auld from being in position?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

They had no confidence in Auld, the 2nd goal deflated the team until they woke up in the 3rd.

We saw this last year with Leclaire and Elliott. Team had little confidence with those 2 in net.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:Auld allowed one weak goal and made slot of great saves to keep his team in it. Even maclean proclaimed that they only played 12 mind of the game. Unacceptable effort all around. The goalie excuse is getting old...

The 3rd goal was awful as well and he was fighting the puck all night along with kicking rebounds into the slot all night. He was awful.

He's a goalie that lets in back breakers and he's basically done in the NHL now.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:Auld allowed one weak goal and made slot of great saves to keep his team in it. Even maclean proclaimed that they only played 12 mind of the game. Unacceptable effort all around. The goalie excuse is getting old...

Goals #2 and #3 were weak-Donkey Dung. Seriously. #3 was going wide -- Auld somehow managed to get enough of it to deflect it into this own net.

That game is very, very different if Anderson is in net.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anderson let in the worst goal of the season when he faced the Bruins last time.

Not saying Auld is good, just saying the Bruins are probably always going to beat us for the foreseeable future. If we make playoffs and face them - yikes.

Auld was signed to sit on the bench. It's no surprise he didn't look great against the Champs.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Bruins do some weird Dung to Ottawa goalies....I think anderson has always allowed 5 goals on Bruins in each game he's played and I'm sure not all of them were pretty. Just give the devil his due but I don't pin the blame on auld, the Sens got dominated on all counts.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Anderson let in the worst goal of the season when he faced the Bruins last time.

That was probably the only game where we played well against the Bruins in the regular season. Really bad goal to let in as we would have won it otherwise.

MacLean has little confidence in Auld and I'm sure the team does as well. That affects their play.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Just caught up on the action the past day, as I was in Montreal for a bachelor party Cheering

I caught some of the game, as the restaurant we were at (Firegrill) aired the game in glorious HD (unlike the feed I PVR'd at home).

So a 3 point game for Karlsson?!?! And 2/ points for Spezza and Aflie too? Not bad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum